• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Update to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, By approximately 3:00pm ET 11/9/2016 we will be pushing an update of Publish 95 to TC1. Check out the full patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. As always we will continue to update based on feedback through TC1 and Origin, Izumo, and Baja. Make sure you patch up to see the latest content on TC1. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Snow? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also wonder if they missed a crafted artifact under carpentry bods.
it would be "Bramble Coat" -most other artifacts seem to be listed.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
says it remove a lot of the ml crafted items from bod system. what took their place? I thought was good idea except u needed way too many to fill. guy was using profanity at bank because he bought a lot of things to get ready lol. will anything be done about imbueing and reforging to semi compete with new loot?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix small question please. Academic bookcase - forgot to remove it or forgot to list it as removed in the notes?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Can anyone tell how the points were scaled?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix small question please. Academic bookcase - forgot to remove it or forgot to list it as removed in the notes?
We plan to remove that as well, if it wasn't included in this list it was an oversight. We removed most BODs that required unique materials, if there are others please feel free to send in some feedback!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These changes seem good!

Though "Increased the ratio of points banked from BODs." seems a bit vague. What is the new ratio?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
These changes seem good!

Though "Increased the ratio of points banked from BODs." seems a bit vague. What is the new ratio?
If anything I'll test the blacksmith scale again tonight.

I have not had time to scale the remaining items and difficulty scale.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
Fixed issue where non-player backpacks would be displayed as custom backpacks. How do you get it to display in the CC?

Increased the ratio of points banked from BODs. What is the new ratio?

Removed the following special ingredient items from the BOD system
Reduced the cost of Blacksmithing resource maps
BODs now display the turnin value on the BOD gump
Players can now toggle BOD point banking and auto-fill BODs from containers within their backpack
THANK YOU

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
Fixed issue where non-player backpacks would be displayed as custom backpacks. How do you get it to display in the CC?

Increased the ratio of points banked from BODs. What is the new ratio?

Removed the following special ingredient items from the BOD system
Reduced the cost of Blacksmithing resource maps
BODs now display the turnin value on the BOD gump
Players can now toggle BOD point banking and auto-fill BODs from containers within their backpack
THANK YOU
The new backpacks can be displayed by selecting them from the options menu in the CC.

Anyone can check out the value changes on TC1. I'm sure someone will report back their findings. I'd rather see people continue to hop on TC1 and test it out rather than just reading some numbers and giving feedback not based on experience. We've had strong numbers on TC1 checking things out so far - let's keep it up!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you give chars on TC maybe 5000 banked points for every skill, so we can test those rewards as well?
Which rewards are you looking at specifically? Can add additional ones to the givers if any are missing.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you give chars on TC maybe 5000 banked points for every skill, so we can test those rewards as well?
All the rewards are available from a clicky statue in New Haven I believe.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- scribe's "spellbook only dye" (the same 5 colors? because the new alchemy natural dyes can also dye spellbooks)

• BODs now display the turnin value on the BOD gump ==> good change
  • Players can now toggle BOD point banking and auto-fill BODs from containers within their backpack ==> good change

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can the large bods be filled yet? Every time I tried to fill one so far it screwed up and I'm reluctant to lose any more. I have a 3 part bow bod that shows 0 heavy cross bows added, though I did add that, and it won't take another, on the other hand it shows 20 repeating crossbows added, which it hasn't had, but refuses because it thinks that item doesn't belong in that bod.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It looks like the new banked allowance went from .025% to 2.0%

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix ,please tell - whether it is possible to make so that during delivery small BODs while maintaining BOD point banking not to choose each time "save points or no". I.e. i give the vendor filled small BOD,he asked "save points or no",i choose "no",I again give the filled small BODs to the same vendor,and he again asked "save points or no" and choose reward. I would like to be able to get rid of permanent extra clicks. If I give 300 small BODs,I have to choose every time "Save points or no" and choose reward ((( Thanks !

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix

You know, if you would give Scrapper's Compendium BODs a reward value reflecting their ingredient cost, you could restore it to the list, for one reason.

WAY too many Scrappers are made trying to get ones with additional properties, so that the market is effectively flooded by them. Most scribes make many of them looking for even one good extra-property one, and have trouble giving away the rejects.

Of all the ML-ingredient items, it is the only one that gets produced on a regular basis in excess amounts that would even start to justify a BOD.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
25% Is definitely way too much. An exceptional 20 Iron bod right now gives 5 points, meaning it only takes 240 of those bods to get a val hammer. If you increased it to 25% That would take only 20 iron bods for a val hammer..

Horde Minion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
the talismans give a mining bonus? or are you talking about the protection from failure? Do you know how its works?
If I have 1000 aggy and fail does that count as one charge or 500 charges? if its related to the protection from failure

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please add large bod filter like this:
2 parts set
3 parts set
4 parts set
5 parts set
6 parts set

:please:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the talismans give a mining bonus? or are you talking about the protection from failure? Do you know how its works?
If I have 1000 aggy and fail does that count as one charge or 500 charges? if its related to the protection from failure
I think that each talisman has so many charges, each charge lets you smelt so many ingots with 100% Success rate.

Will dos ome testing

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
25% Is definitely way too much. An exceptional 20 Iron bod right now gives 5 points, meaning it only takes 240 of those bods to get a val hammer. If you increased it to 25% That would take only 20 iron bods for a val hammer..
While 20 might seem like a easy go you still have to mine(or buy) ingots and craft the 400 items in question. With the current system you have to mine and craft 4800 items(at the 2%) which is a heck of a lot of items. This said getting a person to do 240 BOD's for one reward is asking a bit and in reality 1 hammer is only 15 charges which no one expects decent results from. Chances are you really are looking for 5-10 hammers to hope for the correct RNG to hit so 24000-48000 items or 1200-2400 bods.....come on that is insane and not fun. Bring on the script kids.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While 20 might seem like a easy go you still have to mine(or buy) ingots and craft the 400 items in question. With the current system you have to mine and craft 4800 items(at the 2%) which is a heck of a lot of items. This said getting a person to do 240 BOD's for one reward is asking a bit and in reality 1 hammer is only 15 charges which no one expects decent results from. Chances are you really are looking for 5-10 hammers to hope for the correct RNG to hit so 24000-48000 items or 1200-2400 bods.....come on that is insane and not fun. Bring on the script kids.
So you want the EASY BUTTON and only turn in what 100 20X iron BODs for your 5 Val Runic hammers but here is betting you will still want all those BILLIONS for suits made from them. Or are you just trying to get the EASY BUTTON for the scripters.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, I'd like the easy button for all the players. When you are done with the soap box I'd like a go on it again, mkay?

For what it's worth I made all my gold selling scrolls and other useless stuff I collected in game. Every hammer I bought, farmed or otherwise received got burnt till I stopped burning them.

I don't care for the BILLIONS of gold, I won UO along time ago.

1200 bods, only the scripts will be doing those and only a fool would believe otherwise. I hope that doesn't describe you.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get the Blackrock Automaton Head you need 1200 points which is a 6 piece 20 Exceptional Valorite Bod. Anyone get one yet?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah, I'd like the easy button for all the players. When you are done with the soap box I'd like a go on it again, mkay?

For what it's worth I made all my gold selling scrolls and other useless stuff I collected in game. Every hammer I bought, farmed or otherwise received got burnt till I stopped burning them.

I don't care for the BILLIONS of gold, I won UO along time ago.

1200 bods, only the scripts will be doing those and only a fool would believe otherwise. I hope that doesn't describe you.
I am not the one asking for the EASY BUTTON for scripters like you are.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just got home from work/picking up kids at school/reading this thread and before I log in and test ( Patch almost done) I want to say that IF the banked points went to 2% I think that is PERFECTLY acceptable. Don't give TOO much, we don't want easy mode, if you want to bank points, fill the junk BOD's that you would just throw on the floor, at least you'll get SOMETHING out of them. So what if it takes awhile to bank the points you need? At least you're GETTING them! (sorry but seriously)

Patch done...off to TC1, thanks team for the changes!

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you ever actually made and filled a large bod to get a val hammer?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Great changes, dev team. Really nice job with them. :)
Also, @Kyronix, can we get the fel turtle spawn idol fixed, pretty pretty please with sugar on top?
After you finish the spawn, you can't start it again till the next server up. You get the message "You may not use valor at this idol right now" when trying to activate it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Y'all seem willing to accept 2%, another insulting number. Why? I understand everyone is worried about scripters, but lets worry about the real player for a change. 2% is NOT worth burning the ingots for, for less than 25% it just isn't worth it, period.

It's a slap in the face for a live person working it. Guess I need to finally break down and get the scripts...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Y'all seem willing to accept 2%, another insulting number. Why? I understand everyone is worried about scripters, but lets worry about the real player for a change. 2% is NOT worth burning the ingots for, for less than 25% it just isn't worth it, period.

It's a slap in the face for a live person working it. Guess I need to finally break down and get the scripts...
:scholar: Remember, Mesanna says: "Any way you want to win..."

:wall:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here are a couple realities of UO. Note: I am not advocating one type above any other, just stating reality (as I see it).

There are 3 major types of players in UO:
1. Those that have massive amounts of time to play relative to the rest of us. IMO, these players don't typically mind the tedious grind of some of UO's systems, because they have time for them. They want rewards based off the grind to remain with that select group.
2. Those that have limited play time. They want to get on, get after it, be good at it, and get rewarded. They tend to devote their limited time into what provides the greatest return, then use gold to buy items that require too much grind. They do not care where the item came from, they buy the cheapest they can get their hands on that meets their need.
3. Those that recognize there is a market for items that can be scripted for profits.

You can not satisfy of all 3 groups at the same time.
Grind = Scripters
Scripters = lower prices for honest players willing to put in the grind
Less grind = less demand from players because they can more easily acquire the item themselves
Less demand in the open market = less scripters
More grind will not equal less scripters

When it comes to BODS, I would much rather see a system that has a fair reward for time that is at least comparable to RNG. 2% is an insult, and IMO, will not result in more honest players doing BODS... it will ONLY further encourage scripting. I see no problem with 10 or 15 "regular" BODS being equal to 1 "good" BOD. Yes, if a player can turn in 10-15 BODS for a val hammer it will bring down the market value of the hammer, but has NO effect on the function. No matter how you slice the grind, the honest player looses... might as well let more honest players in on the action and get scripting out of the picture.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

That is a dark spot on the changes, yes, but the rest of the changes make it nice enough to praise the devs for the changes.
I too would prefer a higher value for the banking, but still, the rest of the changes are good.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great changes, dev team. Really nice job with them. :)
Also, @Kyronix, can we get the fel turtle spawn idol fixed, pretty pretty please with sugar on top?
After you finish the spawn, you can't start it again till the next server up. You get the message "You may not use valor at this idol right now" when trying to activate it.
What shard is this? It's likely a shard specific thing...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What shard is this? It's likely a shard specific thing...
Legends. Happens all the time after I complete the spawn.
Which frustrates me to no end, for I prefer turtles over overgrown, fire breathing chicken and this bug prevents me to collect more than two eggs per weekend. :p

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

The thing is...iron ingots are so INCREDIBLY easy to get it's not even funny.

a 20 count exp. iron BOD nets 5 banked points...you'd need 240 20 count exp. BOD's to get the highest reward possible. You can mine those iron ingots in NO time at all.

It's really NOT that bad! I don't want everything handed to me....5% would be okay...but that's pushing it, they don't want the best things in game TOO easy to get, work for what you want and stop asking for easy mod..NOT directed at you personally Uriah but at EVERYONE who is complaining....it's not like we have some moronic billionaire with bad hair for a president..Oh wait... ;)

Honestly, 2% isn't bad...maybe 3%...MAYBE...this coming from someone who REALLY likes to do BOD's and mine...I am more then willing to spend the time to fill the BOD's I need to GUARANTEE me the reward I want and not play the BOD lotto anymore lol.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

Will the "the" for titles be added to the quest ones as well? I see lots of "Name Dinosaur Hunter"s for example.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you ever actually made and filled a large bod to get a val hammer?
Yes I have, what is your point?

I've done it by hand which took years of farming bods, filling and repeating till I got the magic 6.

I've done the bod runner thing both by hand and with "help", which took a lot of time also.

I've bribed my way up to one, which again took time.

I've bought legit ones and ones I suspected were not so legit.

You seem to imply that I don't know what I'm talking about but I've played this silly game for well over a decade and, sadly, I've done the deed. This is a poor way to try and thwart the bots but they don't care, it's just the little guy who gets hurt here.

Can anyone give me a good reason why mom and pop player shouldn't be able to farm up 100 hammers, with a better number than 2%, if they felt like it BESIDES resale value for the few who still run bods?