• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] UO Patcher

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Aug 26 19:40 GMT
We are in the process of fixing the patcher which may or may not have caused some of you some problems logging into UO. That should be fixed in a few moments. Origin store has also fixed the issue of emails not going out when you purchases items. Please remember all the formatting of the codes you receive are incorrect, they should be formatted to 6-5-5-5 for the game to accept them correctly. As must of you know we are coming up on UO's 16th year Birthday. We are testing and putting the finishing touches on the next publish so please stay tuned for the Patch notes from the team. Thank you everyone, UO Team

Continue reading...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't wait to see whats in the new publish and patch. :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thank You!

I appreciate the straight forward and direct updates!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Aug 26 19:40 GMT... Origin store has also fixed the issue of emails not going out when you purchases items.....
And they have apparently put in it's place a new obstacle to making money... As of 5 mins ago from this post time, every order fails totally. If you look at your orders it will even show you that the order failed. Now, if they can just get the person who wrote the code for the "failing orders" in charge of accepting money from people... God, these people are so incredibly inept.... :mad:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would I ever love to get my hands on the names of the people in charge of that fiasco... Also, their supervisor's name - I guarantee you that the people in charge of making sure EA is profitable are NOT aware of this team of complete idiots who are in charge of the EA Store site...

Last edited:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ya startle. Does anyone have contact info for the Origin store? I've been spending weeks clicking links in an effort to find some contact info. I click contact us and instead of contact info it dumps me in the EA help database. I don't need to read about all the problems EA has, I need someone who can make it right, who can resend me the missing email which was never sent containing the two codes I'm missing on a three code order!

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol so I guess I should hold off on buying the mythic token and gothic house pack that I was going to get tonight.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ya startle. Does anyone have contact info for the Origin store? I've been spending weeks clicking links in an effort to find some contact info. I click contact us and instead of contact info it dumps me in the EA help database. I don't need to read about all the problems EA has, I need someone who can make it right, who can resend me the missing email which was never sent containing the two codes I'm missing on a three code order!

You really might want to try filing a complaint against EA through the Better Business Bureau site here: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-fran...ers/electronic-arts-in-san-francisco-ca-64196 . The info on the BBB site says this about the complaint process: "Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days."

At least you'd have a third party of sorts trying to advocate for you in getting your situation resolved. Several of the complaints that have been resolved this month show that the complaint that was filed through the BBB was resolved by EA's "World Wide Customer Experience." Perhaps that area has more power, resources, or contacts for resolving problems?

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never in all my years of shopping all over, seen a company so hell bent on not taking my money.
First, the account management fiasco(which is still fubar) and the Origin store. Seriously EA, get your act
together. There are people begging to give you money, but there comes a time when this just becomes too
much of a hassle.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Would I ever love to get my hands on the names of the people in charge of that fiasco... Also, their supervisor's name - I guarantee you that the people in charge of making sure EA is profitable are NOT aware of this team of complete idiots who are in charge of the EA Store site...
You can write a letter like I did to the EA CEO's..... at [email protected] ..... Give them a piece of your mind .... However they do have rules about writing them. You can NOT berate them.... can't use foul language.... etc... in otherwords write them a nice formal letter that explains in detail your beef.... or problem.

I am Fairly certain you WILL hear back from them within a week. I did. Had many conversations with Kyle Cooper ... nice fellow but he obviously is as clueless as the rest. He did promise to forward my letter to those who it related to.... those idiots told me that my problem was "resolved" and my "case" was closed. Yet within a week I was once again billed from the Netherlands.... case is far from closed.... So I wrote them back and told them once again that I do NOT live IN the Netherlands and I don't much care to be billed from there.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay, what the heck is going on with the bloody Origin store?

I am TRYING to buy a gametime from the Brazil origin store and when I try to use my credit card, it just gives me invoice failed.
My card isn't even reached to be checked for funds.
Then when I try paypal, it says that I have an invalid item at my cart and can't continue.
Just what the heck is going on with that bloody thing? Why can't we just buy what we need from there?

Also, stygian abyss is still nowhere to be seen, and king's collection is also gone from the store. Lovely.

Edit: And whenever there is an UO item at the cart, it simple won't let me use Paypal and refuses to process my order through credit card.
Lovely that I can't buy UO stuff from the official store. I am actually losing my cool with this.

I will try logging on a dedicated server of mine in the US and see if the Origin store there actually works.

Edit: Nope. Neither card nor Paypal will work. It seems that if you inform that you are from Brazil, you can't buy UO goods from Origin store.

Edit2: Seems to be a bug that is affecting a whole lot of people. I was one of the lucky ones to get it...
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INVOICE-FAILED/td-p/1445566

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And another update.
If you're having trouble paying for your items at the new origin store, you can access the old one at http://store2.origin.com/store/
With that, I managed to give EA my money and get the much needed gametime code and a new forged metal of the artifacts...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And another update.
If you're having trouble paying for your items at the new origin store, you can access the old one at http://store2.origin.com/store/
With that, I managed to give EA my money and get the much needed gametime code and a new forged metal of the artifacts...
Nice thought, but that link no longer functions. Apparently whoever's in charge of the huge coding fiasco over at the site, discovered that people were able to get around his expert attempts at blocking all UO customers from giving cash to EA - and has successfully blocked that hole in his otherwise excellent wall...

Well done, Mr. Codemaster, well done.... (To the tune of Well done, Mr. Site-Shredder Bud Man - well done. ) :cool:

Last edited:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just shiver with fear whenever I have to use the new origin store. It no longer allows me to use my paypal, and has charged me twice when I bought a 6 month code. Im still awaiting the refund after a month now....

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh, the new store works pretty good on my end...
Until I try to pay for the items. Then it stops with an invoice failed error, which is happening to a whole lot of people, and not only with UO related items.
I will keep using the old store till I can be sure that the new piece of software is at a state that resembles a minimal stability.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know someone who just this week won a $30 coupon from McDonalds to use on the (US) EA site. She picked out a game and was then told her payment info was incorrect and her order had failed; however, when she checked her bank account, she had three separate $1 charges. After a 90-minute conversation with multiple customer reps that led up to the rep saying they'd give her a 15% off coupon for her troubles, she was put on hold and then disconnected. That's one more person saying they'll never buy from EA again.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has now been over a week since they began their "INVESTIGATION" into the horrible mess they call the EA Store.............. This should be the pre-course lecture in how to NOT SUCCEED in a business....

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they had any business sense at all, they would not only fire the current crew of 13 yr olds running the store site, but offer anyone who has a record of a transaction "failing" - a store credit in the amount of that "failed invoice" !

Just sayin............ o_O

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If they had any business sense at all, they would not only fire the current crew of 13 yr olds running the store site, but offer anyone who has a record of a transaction "failing" - a store credit in the amount of that "failed invoice" !

Just sayin............ o_O

Here, have a 43 pages thread on EA boards with people who are having the issue:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INVOICE-FAILED/td-p/1445566

43 pages of complaints so far...

Lots of people are having this problem with the Origin store, and it has been almost two weeks since this problem first appeared...
I can't say I am impressed with the crew behind the Origin store coding.

Meanwhile, try http://store2.origin.com/ to access the old store. At least there, the invoice is still working...

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know someone who just this week won a $30 coupon from McDonalds to use on the (US) EA site. She picked out a game and was then told her payment info was incorrect and her order had failed; however, when she checked her bank account, she had three separate $1 charges. After a 90-minute conversation with multiple customer reps that led up to the rep saying they'd give her a 15% off coupon for her troubles, she was put on hold and then disconnected. That's one more person saying they'll never buy from EA again.

Those can't even be dismissed as charges that test the card's limit (or a debit card's account balance) but don't go through and disappear after a few days. Thank heaven I haven't needed to buy a forged metal tool in a while!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.....Meanwhile, try http://store2.origin.com/ to access the old store. At least there, the invoice is still working...
The store2.origin.com link does indeed take you to store2.origin.com. However, as soon as you click the big SHOP NOW button in the middle of your screen, it redirects you directly to https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/ where your invoice will fail every time... Sorry for the bad news, BeaIank... What can I say?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The store2.origin.com link does indeed take you to store2.origin.com. However, as soon as you click the big SHOP NOW button in the middle of your screen, it redirects you directly to https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/ where your invoice will fail every time... Sorry for the bad news, BeaIank... What can I say?
Don't click on that button! D:
Search for uo at the search box, the items will be listed under that big "shop now" button.
Select them there and proceed as if you were at the old shop, adding them to the cart from the list.
By all means, NEVER TOUCH THAT SHOP NOW BUTTON! D: