• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Store

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just looked at every item in the store. There are no robes. I do not care if they were the most rare item ever made in the history of UO.
There are 5 devs and one of them put them in for sale and one took them out. Why?

Once again some people, who are probably on 24/7 bought a nice sentimental item to sell for millions, and others had no chance. The devs can read and they can type. Please explain when this will be made right. If I see one more gold seller post in this thread I may just leave for good.

After the nice good news newsletter I had hope. Then this. :(

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
When I first saw the robes after returning last year I wanted one but when I found out it was a 15th anniv items, then I am told you can buy it today only to see its not there, dang it

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i think its just the idea that a player who goes to the store is presented with these official prices, and they are just so far off from what the same items can be gotten for in game that it just really seems dishonest. this is an insane mark-up. not even comparable to commonly duped items, that are usally about double the price. these are 25 times the price.

For the siege item, there is a business word for that. its called price-gouging, which in real life is often illegal, and i feel is also un-ethical in game.

newer players (and even many vets) dont even remember whats in the heritage tokens, or realize that these same items come from heritage token. no note of this is made on the store.

it just doesnt sit well with me and is typical EA.
Dishonest? Price gouging? Unethical?

Give me a break. This Ultima store is a far better option than the old way of inputting codes to get tokens and such. Now they're just adding some additional in-game related stuff, whether it be deco, new dyes, other useless pixel crap, because they know people will buy it. They're a business after all and need to generate revenue. Setting up the store this way is a smart business decision and frankly, a safer way of buying some of these items than going through people in-game. Calling them dishonest, suggesting they are price gouging or being unethical is a load of horse manure.

So you are ok with them selling a full set of mini house deeds for $40.00? Sorry but those robes should have been for everybody that supported UO esp. for anybody that had accounts that old, you do not give a select few a gift that was in fact a 15th Year Ann. Robe that was a slap in the face for all those that paid their accounts every month.
Wasn't the robe for the people who went to the 15th Anniversary party in-person? How is it a slap in the face not to have it offer to you as well just because you pay your accounts every month? If it's a slap in the face to anyone, it's the people who ponied up the time, money and effort to attend the anniversary party - not the "I want one too because I pay my account!" community.

Every subscriber shouldn't be entitled to every item in game.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
After 20 years I think we all deserve a robe. Not every item in game needs to be uber rare.

"Your going to destroy the rares market":sad2::coco:

Some people were lucky they had a nice niche item for a few years, yeah so maybe you paid for it. So what...

I have many items that at one time had alot of value, and now completely worthless with the introduction of other items.

Put the friggin' robes back up.

Players want this item, and they vastly outnumber those few players who already have them, or are looking to make a buck.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dishonest? Price gouging? Unethical?

Give me a break. This Ultima store is a far better option than the old way of inputting codes to get tokens and such. Now they're just adding some additional in-game related stuff, whether it be deco, new dyes, other useless pixel crap, because they know people will buy it.
i was referring specifically to heritage tokens pricing.

overall i love the store, but charging someone 25 times normal price is a bit absurd. this obviously is taking advantage of new players, returning vets, and siege players so just does not sit well with me.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just looked at every item in the store. There are no robes. I do not care if they were the most rare item ever made in the history of UO.
There are 5 devs and one of them put them in for sale and one took them out. Why?
I dont think it's too fishy, it's just another not so well thought moves of Mesanna. She puts it in store with best intentions to generate revenue. Rares folks get mad and send in tons of email and stuff. Mesanna gives way and removes the "rare" robe from store.

Same happend with the rare cards dropping by accident a while ago. People loved to see them back and started collecting. But couple people didn't like their pixels lost real $$$ worth.

Now it's back to square one. 20 people would like to spent money but 5 are holding it all back because they feel entitled to super rare UO swag.

Hey guys, you can still keep your old robes. Nobody is going to take them away from you. But thats where one has admit to himself that he isn't having the robe because he likes it, but rather because he thinks he can get good $$$ for it.

Whatever, see ya at the rares fest! ;)

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not a rares collector and I don't have a robe myself... but this isn't just another "rare" item from the weekly EM event drops... this was something special for people who attended the anniversary party in person. It shouldn't have ever been put on the store in the first place.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not a rares collector and I don't have a robe myself... but this isn't just another "rare" item from the weekly EM event drops... this was something special for people who attended the anniversary party in person. It shouldn't have ever been put on the store in the first place.
And it was so SPECIAL that people were selling them, boy now that is SPECIAL let me see how much I can sell this for. And there were so SPECIAL, that is why people were reporting that they were getting more than one too, now isn't that SPECIAL.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree Merlin. It never should have been in the store in the first place. But it was.

What now? Give back the money spent on them and delete the newly purchased robes?

What about the players who purchased them with game gold? Out of luck?

I do not have a robe either. I would have bought one.

Petemage, as far as her decisions go, all I know is I had many accounts when she began. Now I do not.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see it put back as well, i have wanted one of these since they first came out, but they are rarer on Siege than anywhere else. damn the luck of not taking yestserday off like i had planned.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And it was so SPECIAL that people were selling them, boy now that is SPECIAL let me see how much I can sell this for. And there were so SPECIAL, that is why people were reporting that they were getting more than one too, now isn't that SPECIAL.
:facepalm:

I agree Merlin. It never should have been in the store in the first place. But it was.

What now? Give back the money spent on them and delete the newly purchased robes?

What about the players who purchased them with game gold? Out of luck?

I do not have a robe either. I would have bought one.
Oh by all means, they should leave alone any that were bought in store. I'm not suggesting anyone 'give them back' or have any that were bought with gold deleted. I'm just saying, this wasn't your typical rare item that should've just been put on the store all willy nilly, and now that they've pulled it off, it should stay off. Just because it was put on the store for short amount of time doesn't mean it should be put back on the store again because a few folks want it. Everyone had an opportunity to purchase and if they didn't, they're SOL.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone else think they meant to put something stupid in like the robe of umbra and probably botched the code and showed up as the 15th robe?

Perhaps I'm just overly skeptical.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put the pretty robes back pretty please...omgoosesI never get in an tizzy over this stuff, but this is just plain comical to leave something up for a day only, with no notice you were doing it in the first daarn place. And then someone says in a quiet voice "muh rares muh rares" and you take it down ? Can you guys do anything right (meant in the kindest most liberalistic way possible? smh

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put the freaking robes back or revert the shards...omg I never get in an uproar over this stuff, but this is just plain wrong to leave something up for a day only, with no notice you were doing it in the first damn place. And then someone sceams "muh rares muh rares" and you take it down ? Can you guys do anything right ? smh
You may consider some anger management classes....sheesh

NEWS - [UO.Com] Publish 94 update

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
robe is a different color than the one the gave out before.

the robe in the pic in the store is almost black as well, makes me wonder if there are several colors to be had?

Went to get one only to see it was gone. wanted one for our anniv (in game gift) for the wife's char, oh well

LlamaOnDrugs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could at least rename it so we can tell the difference between ones from the store and ones from the competition/party?

It's one of the only items I have in game that I am really pleased I won, more than any event rares (oh rng I won an item).

Can you add Dread Mares to the store also? I didn't tame one of those when they were around, so you can probably make some money off that in the store also.

Hey? Why not sell the non replica items in the store too! They'll probably sell!

Grumble ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Man, you really should have your anger levels checked out there.
Ahh but there is good news.

Publish 94 update

Posted on August 12, 2016 by Mesanna
Good morning everyone,
The 15th Anniversary Robe was removed from the store due to a delivery error on our part. We will be making it available at a later date for purchasing once we have resolved the issue.
We are aware of the issue with the Koti incorrectly spawning on Great Lakes, and are working on correcting this today.
Thank you
UO Team
SO I will be able to buy one for the wife's char on Sonoma. When I told her about the robe and that it had been pulled from the store she was sad, but happy later when I saw this posting

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"A delivery error on our part" ? Can someone link to a post by someone saying they had a delivering error when they tried to buy one that was available in the store ? *waits*

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She is eventually making it right. That is enough for me. Thank you.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO I will be able to buy one for the wife's char on Sonoma. When I told her about the robe and that it had been pulled from the store she was sad, but happy later when I saw this posting
Yeah give it a couple of years and they will probably be back in the store.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i want my robe....for those who have openly complained to mesanna about the 15th anni robes being on general sale... ********!!! if u paid 300m for one... ********....i want to buy one in the store for the low price they were offerd... if mesanna back tracks on this then all my accounts are closed....iam and ive had enough of this whinging and whining ********...... this will suck big... put the 15th anni robes back in the store for the original price... asap... and STOP STOP STOP... the clicky rares forum team huddle ****

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its not worth it to try to collect stuff in game anymore.
to go years collecting and buying and trading to get full sets of stuff or take part in events or write stories and such to get a reward item.

cause in the end they just put them all up for sale?

i understand we are in the generation where there are no 1st place or 2nd place, no winners or losers but dont you feel that takes something away from the game?

i guess its just me.
put in the time and collect stuff to make the full set and put it out on display = fun.
going on a swear infused tyrant because you cant buy an item dosnt seem like fun.

its happened a lot before, this is just the latest case of it.

you know, they added 'replica' stuff to the game to fix this exact thing, why wouldnt they just put the robes for sale with 'replica' behind the name?
why wouldnt they put the mini house deeds for sale with 'replica' on them?
such a simple thing to do that would have totally killed this issue before it even started.

and lets face it, all those items ARE replicas, so it actually fits.

*sigh*

LlamaOnDrugs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i want my robe....for those who have openly complained to mesanna about the 15th anni robes being on general sale... ********!!! if u paid 300m for one... ********....i want to buy one in the store for the low price they were offerd... if mesanna back tracks on this then all my accounts are closed....iam and ive had enough of this whinging and whining ********...... this will suck big... put the 15th anni robes back in the store for the original price... asap... and STOP STOP STOP... the clicky rares forum team huddle ****
I've put in bold the bit I think sums up your post perfectly.

For the record, I am not part of the rares forum 'clique'. I do not have tonnes of gold to throw around on all the pixel crack in this game. I didn't pay over 300m for mine, I won it as part of a competition that you yourself were free to enter if you so desired (The story I wrote wasn't even that good, so I am sure the bar wasn't set too high!).

The reason I am miffed at this, is that I have one rare item in this game that other people say 'Wow, where did you get that?', that I feel pleased to own, which will now be available from the in game shop for $5.

Ultima Online has always been a game where many people collect rare and wonderful items as part of their main aim in the game, so making one of these items available for a low low price (amongst others that are also on sale now) is not the best idea on the planet.

The only redeemable idea behind this is that it will make a bit of money which hopefully (naive I know to think it doesn't just go into other peoples pockets) will be useful for improving the game for all of us to enjoy.

So please, get off your I want it now soapbox and try to see this from other peoples points of view.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one asked for the robe to be sold on the store, it just showed up and people bought them. Then they removed them for no given reason (up till now) so people were ticked off. I wasn't planning on buying a robe and still won't but once you put it in the store it should stay there. If you wanted to make it a limited time thing than indicate it on the description. I pre-ordered the Samurai Edition to get the Soulstone, and now they sell them, did it piss me off? No of course not since I am now free to buy them as well. Anyone that got a Robe from either attending the 15th Anniversary party or won it from the contest has had them for a while now. It's just pixels...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its great they have added new items to the store. However the pricing is a bit strange.

I will use Atlantic (average prices) for examples.

3x raised garden beds = 2000 sovs. In game they are about 10m each

Soulstone = 1000 sovs. In game they are about 40 - 50m each

Charger of the fallen = 1000 sovs. In game they are about 10 - 15m each

Secret chest = 500 sovs. In game about 50 - 60m

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Some of us didn't get ours from the party... we wrote personal stories about our time in UO. 5 were given out per shard this way (I think). I don't put a $$ value on my robe, but a sentimental one instead.
I wrote 5 adorable and mostly-fake stories on Atlantic and won 3 of the robes on that shard and sold them all the same day. If I'd been thinking I would have churned out a bunch on each shard and made billions, alas.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And all those people had a couple of years to enjoy their robe and being special. Now people need to get off their high horses. This is easy revenue for UO.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you add Dread Mares to the store also? I didn't tame one of those when they were around, so you can probably make some money off that in the store also.

Hey? Why not sell the non replica items in the store too! They'll probably sell!
If they want to bring in new players, that's a pretty good idea!

It's plain wrong to have things in a video game that could only be aquired like 10 years ago.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wrote 5 adorable and mostly-fake stories on Atlantic and won 3 of the robes on that shard and sold them all the same day. If I'd been thinking I would have churned out a bunch on each shard and made billions, alas.
TY for being so honest and showing just how special these Robes were and how about the people at the party that all got Robes and then bragged that they got more than one each and sold them also.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could at least rename it so we can tell the difference between ones from the store and ones from the competition/party?

It's one of the only items I have in game that I am really pleased I won, more than any event rares (oh rng I won an item).

Grumble ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And even when they start to sell them in game again you will always know how and where your ROBE came from. I have a full set of the Mini-House deeds and I value mine more because of the fun I had getting them I also have a full set of every Reindeer and Sleighs and even if they sold those too I will always remember the fun I had getting them and all the different people on all the Shards that helped me to do it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And even when they start to sell them in game again you will always know how and where your ROBE came from. I have a full set of the Mini-House deeds and I value mine more because of the fun I had getting them I also have a full set of every Reindeer and Sleighs and even if they sold those too I will always remember the fun I had getting them and all the different people on all the Shards that helped me to do it.
There ya go right there !!! :thumbup:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wrote a very nice story on GLs... thought I did pretty good too.... but didn't win a robe... infact some of the stories I read that DID win were terrible. Go figure.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah looks forward to owning the 15th anni robe....im miffed i missed them first time in the store....what price were they so we can be clear that they will be the same price when they reapear and not 10x the amount because some rares folks have kicked **** up with mesanna via private emails

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would bet some greedy gold magnet bought 100 robes then spammed mesanna like hell moaning about them till she suspended the sale....well i would hate to see the fallout if they are not put back in the store for the same price and exact same name...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i would bet some greedy gold magnet bought 100 robes then spammed mesanna like hell moaning about them till she suspended the sale....well i would hate to see the fallout if they are not put back in the store for the same price and exact same name...
They already explained what happened.

No need to throw conspiracy theories out there.

They also said the robes would be re-added to the store.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
View attachment 51799

She's starting to sound like Hilary Clinton. Someone remind me to bump this post a few years from now when the robes never show up.
For the love of God, I come here and play UO to avoid things like politics.

I'm sure there are plenty of other of forums you all can go to convince each other of how wrong the other person is.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not understand why the robe would be taken off and not the mini house deeds. I don't have any trouble with people getting things that I got long ago but I have an issue the store selling the robe to a few and then taking it off. Thereby making a super rare item. I see no difference in selling the robe or selling the mini houses. Why can you pick a house but you can't pick a singing ball? Some issues here. Did someone actually complain? They only complained about the robe? not the mini house deeds? Something is just not right. Again I state that I don't mind people having these things from the past just keep it fair when you put it on the store. As far as I am concerned I think you should sell every deco item in the game. :)
It's the fact that an in-person event gave the robes as expressions of appreciation for travelling there. To now 'flip' them out on the market for quick $ cheapens the in person investment.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i cant remeber them coming to the UK to flip them out to all attendents....just saying....

think if they never came back in store...god.... i wouldnt like to think the fallout....after that...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's the fact that an in-person event gave the robes as expressions of appreciation for travelling there. To now 'flip' them out on the market for quick $ cheapens the in person investment.
So it is ok for those that attended to "FLIP" their Robes for real $$$ but not UO, now that is funny. What about the REAL $$$ a lot of us spent supporting UO for 15 years, oh wait that doesn't count.

Reactions: THP

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i cant remeber them coming to the UK to flip them out to all attendents....just saying....

think if they never came back in store...god.... i wouldnt like to think the fallout....after that...
BUT, BUT, BUT you mean you cant afford to fly to the US, OMG shame on you. JK

Reactions: THP

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont get me wrong if the real meet and greet had been in the uk.. ...which it never will be again....id have paid the petrol cost and b and b for a night to be there...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i bought 5 singing balls to try to get a full set.
now i have 2 doubles and am missing 2.
so do i buy 20 more to try to make my set or do i try for a trade in game.....

that is why they sold the balls so you didnt get to pick which one you got, haha!

sigh.....
It's like playing the lottery to see if/what you could win... except the odds are much higher to win in UO... hrmm, maybe not UO-RNG is flawed, it might be easier to win the lottery =X.