• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] TC1 Patch Notes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Sep 19 21:42 GMT

TC 1 Updates

We have made the following updates to TC1. We have also put a clean backup on TC1. You may experience cliloc errors until the final client is released. Please send us your feedback or any bugs you may encounter.

• The mana spike’s effects will now properly clean themselves up at the expiration of the effect.
  • Filling and emptying anniversary sinks will retain the color of the sink.
  • All facings of the sink, full and empty, will now be dyeable with the furniture dyetub, natural dyes, and pigments.
  • VvV players in an active battle city will no longer see multiple arrows pointing to the altar.
  • The amount of silver points earned for various VvV accomplishments have been scaled down.
  • Impassable objects placed at the entrance of Dungeon Blackthron will be placed in the nearby barrel. This barrel will delete its contents every ten minutes or when the number of items inside the barrel reaches 125.
  • Murderers that are VvV players can now be resurrected inside an active VvV battle city.
  • Tileart for VvV traps is no longer flagged as impassable
  • Public moongates can be used in both Trammel and Felucca when participating in the Traders Quest. Using public moongates will negate any distance bonuses applied to rewards and treasury deposits, as well as eligibility for rare rewards.
  • When VvV altars are won the area will not be blanketed in darkness.
  • VvV players will not enter stat loss when they die from guild or alliance mates.
  • VvV altar flames should be cleaned up if the battle ends when the altar is in the process of being claimed.
  • Blackthorn’s Dungeon has been added to the corrupted crystal portal. The instruction pages will not show “blackthorn” until the final client is released.
  • Morph earrings have been added to VvV silver trader.
  • Alliances can now be made between guilds that have members opted into VvV.

Continue reading...

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
  • Blackthorn’s Dungeon has been added to the corrupted crystal portal. The instruction pages will not show “blackthorn” until the final client is released.
Will this allow you to go into the dungeon directly with a pet?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Excellent! Then I might actually give it a try!
Yep me too, I really believe this make thing much easier for guilds and will help remove a lot hate between PvP'ers and non PvP'ers as they now can be in guilds together.
This Public may help building communities

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have removed some posts.
There is no requirement for Stratics reporters that they should install both clients. Frarc posts in the client he plays in.
Nor is it acceptable that he should be attacked for that choice
I'm sure he would be prepared to meet with someone on Test Center that they may take screenshots of the pets in the CC client.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody " attacked him".

I did everything I could to make my post as constructive and reasonable as possible. I underlinesd how I too thought " it is not some kind of a big deal"

It is very,very diffcult to have discussion on these discussion forums.

I swear, every time somebody goes beyond "Yay that's awesome" degrees of heat or message, things get deleted.I'm still learning how to talk here.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then perhaps it's a case of reader comprehension compared to writer intention because it most certainly came across as an attack to me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Nobody " attacked him".

I did everything I could to make my post as constructive and reasonable as possible. I underlinesd how I too thought " it is not some kind of a big deal"

I swear, every time somebody goes beyond "Yay that's awesome" degrees of heat or message, things get deleted.I'm still learning how to talk here.
I too saw it as an attack :p
It's not hard to have a discussion here, the keyword is, show respect all the time :p
I can be very vocal and I sure not agree with all here. I get my point out without getting warnings or get my posts deletet.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nobody " attacked him".

If the people who are reading your replies are of an aggressive nature they instantly read your reply as being aggressive. Unfortunately there appears to be far to many people on here with aggressive natures.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will endeavour to get these important pictures for you, but I don't use CC either so there will be a considerable delay while I patch the client.
Nor do I pvp, so I also have to check up on how to get the beasts in order to obtain the screen prints.

Of course if someone who uses that client and has tested the VvV content would care to log into test center you may see them sooner.
*sigh* 39mb/171mb
going to be a while.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I did not read anything aggressive from either side.

Anyway, here is my question @Kyronix:

Public moongates can be used in both Trammel and Felucca when participating in the Traders Quest. Using public moongates will negate any distance bonuses applied to rewards and treasury deposits, as well as eligibility for rare rewards.

What does this mean about Slim's rewards? How are you even eligible for the rare rewards including the FC1 mempo if using the moongate to get to Fel renders your chances nil?

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot for all the work, Frarc and Petra. Petra I thought I'd try and beat you to it when it comes to CC but you outraced me;p

I quite like the use of red shades on the..well, red horse.

I still wonder if a PvP horse absolutely need to be red or blue but eh. They look neat enough. At least the red one does. Blue one somehow feels like bit of a wonky fever dream. There is certain dread in a red horse. There is mostly a pink elephant in a blue horse;p

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easier for me to do than Frarc. He's in Belgium with a significantly higher ping to the patch server. Took long enough for me on the best cable service in UK.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not read anything aggressive from either side.

Anyway, here is my question @Kyronix:

What does this mean about Slim's rewards? How are you even eligible for the rare rewards including the FC1 mempo if using the moongate to get to Fel renders your chances nil?
You need to start the quest in Felucca.