• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Server Connection Issues

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Customer Service
2013 Mar 28 13:56 GMT
We are aware of the issues that some of our players are having with connecting to the game servers. We are currently working on the problem and hope to have a fix in place soon.

Thank you for your patience.
en

Continue reading...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Issues again..... ?????? Cause I was logging in just fine now not so much.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Guess I will watch Wreck it Ralph instead. My daughter loaned me the DVD.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here Mal. After I patched, I could no longer access the log in server.

Well done team!

:facepalm:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't Panic I told Mesanna she's looking into it.

Adaline

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had the same issue after patching. After re reading the Server Connection issues update on UO.com I found the UOSA_TC app in here C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced . Now I can log in again.

madmischlers

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad2: I had high hopes the acknowledgement of connection issues would fix the issues i'm experiencing, but alas, it seems to be MUCH WORSE now! I live in South Carolina and primarily play Great Lakes. Every evening at 5pm-6pm I start getting lag of the 'stutter-step' kind. This week, 4/01/2013, it's begun to FREEZE totally for 45 seconds to a full minute and even to a point where i've had to logout & back in to get any 'response' in game.
Why did EA even consider moving UO to a 'Cloud' server? Forcing players to share bandwidth on a server that contains who knows what that untold millions can be accessing for various reasons, thus causing mmorpg players tremendous lag is a move in the right direction why?!
The latest client is also giving 'Unable to communicate with Origin. Please close program & restart it and try again' after nearly every logout to change characters. Come on EA, this game is 15 YEARS old, it's time you people got it running smoothly for the majority of the time instead of part of the time!!
P.S. To the few that love saying 'get a better computer!!', i'm running an M17X and on 3.0 DSL (verified continuous) connection. The ONLY thing I experience ANY form of lag with is UO. And 1 last tidbit for ya, at 630am, when 90% of the world is still sleeping, I can actually run 4-5 UO clients at once and NONE lag. why would I do such a thing? it takes 5 spellweaver to get the Almighty Six focus! :)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
having problems on sonoma. Have to complete quit to login with new characters.
THIS!!! Would be nice if they would acknowledge that it isn't fixed yet and what they are doing to correct the issue.

This whole "move to the cloud" has been a giant cluster!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS!!! Would be nice if they would acknowledge that it isn't fixed yet and what they are doing to correct the issue.

This whole "move to the cloud" has been a giant cluster!
Happening to me too.

Best if I close client because sometimes if I just log out and back in, while that'll get me in the game, it'll screw up UO assist.

I hadn't planned on saying anything.

-Galen's player

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Happening to me too.

Best if I close client because sometimes if I just log out and back in, while that'll get me in the game, it'll screw up UO assist.

I hadn't planned on saying anything.

-Galen's player
It is happening to everyone I know that plays and it is a huge pain.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I will watch Wreck it Ralph instead. My daughter loaned me the DVD.
I was forced to watch it and I was glad that I was. Great movie, you'll enjoy it!

With that said, I guess I get lucky because I usually don't have any connection issues... course now that I've said that.........

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Playing on Atlantic tonight is an adventure. With all the stutter stepping..and the dark screen for 30 seconds when you recall somewhere I am too scared to go hunting. And the daemons are getting thick in the valley...
Seriously it is almost unplayable tonight for me.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's the official word on this? Is it just broken, will it be fixed or is this really the best we're going to get?

madmischlers

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:mad: It would appear they (EA) hopes if they ignore something it will either fix itself or just go away. Sadly, the latter has been the choice for far too many UO players for far too long. EA needs to take some serious pride in the quality of product they're offering the public! For 15 years the core player base has known that any changes to the game content has resulted in MAJOR malfunctions in some form or another. If they were any other type manufacturer how would their constituents respond? Would they return their purchases for full refund, would they file lawsuits for breach of contract, or would they simply accept the loss of funds invested and find a more reliable supplier for the product in demand?
EA Games needs to realize that 1- Ultima Online is the oldest but no longer the only game available. 2- Other games devote extensive amounts of time to test & re-test 'publishes' before rushing them to production to guarantee their customers sustain as minimal discomfort & game play interruption as possible. 3- Businesses that have a large enough customer base they publicize company info and itineraries, do so in timely fashion with very legible information. i.e. posts to blogs and forums are proofread for grammatical and punctuational errors and corrected.
I've played Ultima Online since early 2001 and original Ultima games since 1985. I would go so far as to say i'm 1 of the biggest fans of the entire game. I would love to see UO regain it's massive player base and be the most talked about mmorpg in any game oriented media published. For that to happen, EA has to make some major changes in how UO is maintained. From the publishes to the elimination of the rampant grief tactics allowed in general chat, things have to change!! So come on EA, Dev Team, Mesanna, get this game fixed where everyone can login at any time and play as desired, then you can focus on the rest of the problems.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Customer Service
2013 Mar 28 13:56 GMT
We are aware of the issues that some of our players are having with connecting to the game servers. We are currently working on the problem and hope to have a fix in place soon.

Thank you for your patience.
en

Continue reading...

Does this have anything to do with character transfers shut down for the last 5 hours?

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
:sad2: I had high hopes the acknowledgement of connection issues would fix the issues i'm experiencing, but alas, it seems to be MUCH WORSE now! I live in South Carolina and primarily play Great Lakes. Every evening at 5pm-6pm I start getting lag of the 'stutter-step' kind. This week, 4/01/2013, it's begun to FREEZE totally for 45 seconds to a full minute and even to a point where i've had to logout & back in to get any 'response' in game.
Why did EA even consider moving UO to a 'Cloud' server? Forcing players to share bandwidth on a server that contains who knows what that untold millions can be accessing for various reasons, thus causing mmorpg players tremendous lag is a move in the right direction why?!
The latest client is also giving 'Unable to communicate with Origin. Please close program & restart it and try again' after nearly every logout to change characters. Come on EA, this game is 15 YEARS old, it's time you people got it running smoothly for the majority of the time instead of part of the time!!
P.S. To the few that love saying 'get a better computer!!', i'm running an M17X and on 3.0 DSL (verified continuous) connection. The ONLY thing I experience ANY form of lag with is UO. And 1 last tidbit for ya, at 630am, when 90% of the world is still sleeping, I can actually run 4-5 UO clients at once and NONE lag. why would I do such a thing? it takes 5 spellweaver to get the Almighty Six focus! :)
I feel your pain dude. UO needs to get their stuff together. I consistently have a 40mbps upload speed, and I don't lag in ANYTHING ELSE, and yet in UO I move like a salted slug. I think people just need to quit over this. If they are going to refuse to fix it, we have to show them that we are not going to put up with it. No gamers in any other game would, because no gamers in any other game are as loyal as UO players. It's why UO has been around for over 15 years, and I'm tired of UO taking our loyalty for granted.

Last edited: