• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Return to Britannia Campagin Starts Wednesday!!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One account I have gotten from a friend around 2004 ... forgotten and not written down the password, even if it should have been one of the passwords I still use.
Password reset mails go to an address unknown (maybe it was the one from work changed later to a different domain), the help links on the website lead to a page not found site.
So what can I do to recover the information for this account?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, they're personal vendors, not rented ones. Otherwise it'd just be a simple swap.

Instead it's a PITA!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LMFAO!!!

The saga continues...

So, due to impatience and the pending IDOC stage change to "In Danger of Collapse", I decided to try the swap of the two houses between the two accounts.

Unfortunately, since one house had my 35 BOD vendors in it, it couldn't be traded. So to start I traded the other house to the account with the BOD vendor house and then proceded to move all those vendors. All the while probably more than 1/2 way thru the "Greatly Worn" stage and since I read about the shortened IDOC cycle I was a little nervous I wouldn't make it.

Well I made it. I got all the vendors placed in the other house, dressed, paid and the BOD books all transfered in about 5 hours. About this time, just my luck, I seen that Mesanna was now in-game and helping players with condemned houses. She also responnded to my email asking for help. Thanks, Mesanna.

It was at this time though uneccessary as I was nearly done and not gonna lose either house.

Well, once I got everything done, I decided it was maybe time to let another house and account go and drop down to only four accounts from five. Since 2008 I've gone down from 14 to 11, then 9, then five active accounts. The last couple years I've only paid to keep the five acounts with the houses I wanted to keep.

So, instead of trading the old vendor house off the account I decided to just drop it. When I was done moving the vendors I was exhausted, as in RL I work nights and worked last night and was up all morning and afternoon dealing with this. I went to take a nap and planned to drop the house before I went to work tonight. Or let it fall, as it was now empty.

I took a three hour nap and got up to get ready for work and just before leaving I logged in to drop the house. OMFG, it was refreshed. I immediately recalled to the new vendor house where I'd just moved all my BOD vendors to and sure enough it's now Condemned again. My wife had to come check on me I yelled the F word so loudly.

I logged on both accounts and traded the refreshed house off to the account I'm gonna close. However, the primary house I want to keep is still condemned. I'll have to wait and see if it refreshes at the next IDOC cycle change.

What a Fricking Day!!!

UPDATE:
House is still condemned and proceeding thru the IDOC stages. No way to trade it again as it's full of personal vendors and both accounts are under the 7 day timer.

Last edited:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
forgive my ignorance...
No. Why forgive something that is based on nothing but your own lack of knowledge. Many of us who left the game, left because of changes in the game that didn't fit our play styles. From time to time it's nice to try and come back to see if those changes (errors) have been corrected or if they are still in place and keep us from a return.

There is no way UO will ever attract a new player base. The game and it's graphics are too old to compete with the shiney new games on the market. The devs need to understand that their best chance to re-populate some of these deserted shards is to get former players to come back. We don't need the awesome graphics, we understand how great UO once was, and are always hoping the latest developers will try to recapture that greatness...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...this RTB is gonna be a fail.
Yeah, gotta agree. It's been more than 3 years for me, so since I won't even get an invite, I can't even get in free. Sad, which the developers would learn that the only way they will repopulate this game is if they give old players a reason to return...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to come back after going to check my email account again waiting for something from UO. I had to laugh, nothing from UO, but an invitation to come back and visit WoW. LOL, I played that game immediately after I left UO but I only survived the game for about a month. Sad to see WoW outperforming UO customer service...la