• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Return to Britannia Campagin Starts Wednesday!!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Sep 29 14:20 GMT

Whether these are your first steps into Britannia or you are a seasoned veteran, King Blackthorn is delighted to welcome you! You are encouraged to visit the cities of Britannia and explore the various goings on. City banks are a hub for trade and socialization. Be sure to listen to Town Criers for the latest News, or check the City Bulletin Boards for updates from the City Governor. We also invite you to visit the Guild Recruitment stations in the cities of New Haven and Luna Bank as many guilds are welcoming new members!

While you are enjoying your visit to the lands of Britannia please check out the new Vice vs Virtue system. You can read more about this system and the other features of Publish 86 here. We have introduced Advisors in the world to help you with your questions and minor issues you might have in the game. When they are available you may contact an Advisor by opening your paperdoll and clicking on the help button, then select "Contact an Advisor" at the top. We have also been working with one of our talented players and created a sharp new UI for the Enhanced client.

If it has been some time since you last visited Britannia, we have added new sea adventures with our High Seas expansion which includes smooth boat movement, so be sure to go for a sail during your visit! There are also new house add-ons available via the King’s Collection booster pack, now you too can live like a King! There are many new encounters and features to experience, you can catch up on all of our past patch notes here.

If you are having trouble with getting acquainted with the game you can check out our Player's Guide. If you are having trouble with the account management page or need help with changing out any credit card information we have video tutorials available to help you through the process of Updating Payment Information and Recovering Accounts. When you are ready to play simply download either the Enhanced or Classic clients.

Please note that Return to Britannia will begin Wednesday October 1, 2014 and continue for 30 days and end October 31, 2014

Thank You for playing Ultima Online! Long Live Britannia!

Continue reading...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Nice graphic. If your trying to sell the King's Collection you should fix it so half the stuff can be raised and not stuck on the floor. Even if it goes through the roof you can throw something over it on the floor above, lol. I hope these people have an easier time getting their account info back than I did. Had it not been for the hands on work of Mesanna I never would have gotten my accounts back and just given up. They could probably use a temp for a month to just deal with accounts. If you don't have access to your old email accounts you had when you last played, password recovery and such goes down hill pretty fast. It becomes a hands on manual process.

ADDED: Not to not say GOOD WORK! I'll be promoting this among some old friends :)

Last edited:

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now would be a good time to get the word out about RTB people.

I've already made posts (with links to UO.com) informing the good people on the Neverwinter Forums about the RTB event. I've also made a post on steam.

This would be a great time to let your other games know about UO! Spread the word, lets try to repopulate our servers!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far nothing. :( ...la
Same here. I've got a few old accounts inactive and have been waiting to see if they shoot out an email to old members.

The RTB is a fantastic idea but I just feel the old players might not check uo.com / stratics so the whole thing might fall on deaf ears.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they made a video, put the right seo description/keywords and upload on YouTube, that would get a good trove of people.

Raúl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't get it. ... is the idea that people who used to play and no longer play will read a message telling them to come back and then just think "Oh yeah, OK I'll come back!"

Is there some incentive or other advertising campaign which would make this idea worth doing. I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental here.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have been playing ArcheAge the last few weeks and I have met loads of people who used to play UO years ago and they all say they would not give up ArcheAge to play UO. Most people say its just outdated pure and simple and they can play ArcheAge free as its a F2P sandbox game and it everything UO has to offer and more.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get a guild to be at the recruitment thing, are they taking submissions?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get a guild to be at the recruitment thing, are they taking submissions?
The latest patch notes had a remark about guild representatives making themselves available at New Haven. They seem to be including Luna now as well.

If you want to help really old school players who will have zero idea what is going on, hang out at WBB or Skara Brae

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note that Return to Britannia will begin Wednesday October 1, 2014 and continue for 30 days and end October 31, 2014
Here in europe (CEST = UTC+2) that would be in 1½ hours from now...

If posting a global release date/time, posting a timezone would be beneficial too...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The latest patch notes had a remark about guild representatives making themselves available at New Haven. They seem to be including Luna now as well.

If you want to help really old school players who will have zero idea what is going on, hang out at WBB or Skara Brae
Skara Brae? lol Didn't realize that was a hot spot ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First of all, I just want to say, THANK YOU for making a 17 year anniversary graphic, that 15th year one on uo.com was getting a bit ridiculous.

Looking forward to RTB! Hopefully we can get lots of new players to stay and enjoy the best game ever made with us.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow! That new graphic is awesome!!! Totally cool... Wish the ones in game looked half that good.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it has been some time since you last visited Britannia, we have added new sea adventures with our High Seas expansion which includes smooth boat movement, so be sure to go for a sail during your visit! There are also new house add-ons available via the King’s Collection booster pack, now you too can live like a King! There are many new encounters and features to experience, you can catch up on all of our past patch notes here.
So do the RTBers have access to High Seas and Stygian Abyss for the month? Kinda silly if they don't, since they won't even get a taste of why they should return.

Though if the marketing email, if there even is one, only goes out to people who quit in the last 3 years, I guess it doesn't really matter. The email should go to people who quit in the last decade, regardless of the messages that bounce, that would be better.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if it send to one email, and then recognizes that email addy and cancels all the rest going to it.
Got 6 inactives, and no email to them...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A RTB is totally useless without some form of advertisment ...

Lets be honest players that left 4- 6-8 years ago will deffo not have there old emails from back then...so none of them will receive an invite..people change internet providers etc etc....

Devs u need to get this on some gaming site...yes the cheapest one out there ,,but at least do it!!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A RTB is totally useless without some form of advertisment ...

Lets be honest players that left 4- 6-8 years ago will deffo not have there old emails from back then...so none of them will receive an invite..people change internet providers etc etc....

Devs u need to get this on some gaming site...yes the cheapest one out there ,,but at least do it!!
1- Mesanna said they are going back 3 years.
2- I've had the same email for 15 years. Most of the people I know still keep their older emails active.
3- Just for arguments sake, even if 75% of the people changed their emails after 4 years, that isn't a reason to no send out mass emails to those old addresses.
4- Social Media advertising is cheap.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
''4- Social Media advertising is cheap.''

Then for the love of the gods.....

Devs please please advertise the RTB.....becuase i aint seeing anything out there on the web....this is gonna be word of mouth and the odd person that aint changed there email only

????Can it be so hard as not to slip a few adverts in somwere....aka Social Media ...??????

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is anyone getting in yet?

also.... I didn't get any e-mail about it.... are they only sending them out to inactive account holders? I'll have to see if i remember old e-mail info..

Last edited:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would like to take a moment to welcome those watching and waiting back, beforehand. Enjoy!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any folks coming back and staying after the RTB.... on Europa....Please read Europa general forum...xxx

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh. I can't co-own RTB characters? I've got to change all my security settings? Really? Ugh.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And uhhg - I have to attach RTB accounts to a mythic account? I don't want to do it - and its going to frustrate any number of people comming back to try to figgure out that process.

The Mythic account thing is Teh Suck!

Ok - So I went splunking in there and found my secondary EA Mythic account. For those of you trying to do this - try using your <account name>_uo by adding the underscore 'uo' to it.

That got me into the mythic account that I've been using for my house holding account. I was able to go to the 'link account' page and add in 4 of my trial accounts to it. However, once tied - those still did not have 'Return to Brit' active on them.

Maybe the trial accounts that were never active don't get this? Maybe there is a refresh period once you tie to a mythic account? Who the hell knows - its not like they documented it anywhere.

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do RTB accounts not get the Anniv gifts? =\

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
forgive my ignorance but this is a good idea why??

I'd rather attract new players to UO. Not ones that dropped UO the minute the next new shiney virtual world came out. Do us all a favor and stay in Second Life.

Bah Humbug.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have cancelled accounts that are clearly linked, as they're visible in accts management, but i'm still getting the message that says they aren't linked. I feel a huge FAIL coming soon for this RTB.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get it. ... is the idea that people who used to play and no longer play will read a message telling them to come back and then just think "Oh yeah, OK I'll come back!"

Is there some incentive or other advertising campaign which would make this idea worth doing. I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental here.
$13/month is a very steep subscription price for a 17 year old game. I know that I have left for an extended period of time twice because I just couldn't justify the cost. So many people will return just for free pass to visit old friends, check out new features in the game, etc. The idea is to convert a portion of those re-visits into paying subscribers again.

It does tend to bring some people back each time. But, I'd bet the servers would be overwhelmed at half the subscription price.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let all the old accounts in and let them try out all the new stuff, maybe some of them will stay beyond the RTB?

UO NEEDS more players!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All my olds account are tied to mythics accounts and I still get in on these accounts, this RTB is gonna be a fail.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't log in to any of my old accounts. Some of which have been paid for a month or two in the last couple years. So no idea what's up

No emails either

ConerVallore

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same boat as everyone else. Old account and cant login for RTB :(

I just linked all of my "mythic" accounts to my EA account. Not sure if that effects anything.

Account creation dates (all show closed):
12/25/97
3/12/98
1/24/00
10/7/03
3/2/05