• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Comes to TC1

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am playing in the Enhanced client, is there a gump I am not seeing. on A side note I found a spot where it is easy to get parry up to GM. And my vollem is killing stuff easy now with less healing from me. I just dont see where to chose what to advance

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am playing in the Enhanced client, is there a gump I am not seeing. on A side note I found a spot where it is easy to get parry up to GM. And my vollem is killing stuff easy now with less healing from me. I just dont see where to chose what to advance
Do you have animal taming? You need taming for it to work. Once you ha e at least I think 50 taming and 50 lore you lore your pet and there's a gen that say Begin Training

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, you taking a fresh tame 1 slot to the Great Ape? I think part of the issue is the scalability for training seems off

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
No, because Kyronix has already stated he's finding a solution to make lower Slots tameables scale to gain based on lower difficulty mobs. So why would I waste my time in its current state?

And little edit. I did already gain 100% on a 2 slot Windrunner by double clienting, working up a baracoon tanking with my 3 slot lesser Hiryu and on my second client just attack Heal so he wasn't taking damage. The game isn't really that confusing if you've played long enough. It's a work around because I didn't want to wait for the fix. Took me all of 3 minutes to figure out. Simple game..

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So far from light testing I've noticed

Baracoon gave ~20% before "nothing happens"
Ancient Wyrms give ~1% per kill and more if you don't actually kill them and just use them to gain most I've got was like 8-10%
Great Ape gave about 22% before I stopped fighting him

So far I'd say once you hit your first 100% train all your resists to max, that's key in moving forward. Then Hit Points. I don't know though 100% if learning specials or AOE or and skills matters when u actually do gain them. As a matter of fact, I don't really get the menu at all just yet.

FYI, the "nothing happens" doesn't mean your not gaining. It means that the monster cast something on your pet that raised its resist spells. I found that out by paying attention to the lore screen. you can tank the same thing over and over again. itll get slower the higher the slots become regardless of what you fight.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI, the "nothing happens" doesn't mean your not gaining. It means that the monster cast something on your pet that raised its resist spells. I found that out by paying attention to the lore screen. you can tank the same thing over and over again. itll get slower the higher the slots become regardless of what you fight.
So I wonder why they even put it. Maybe in its current state that's an accident.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I wonder why they even put it. Maybe in its current state that's an accident.

"Nothing happens." in red text indicates you failed a training progress gain. This occurs for two reasons. Damage was <=0 or the amount of training points available from any individual creature was exhausted. These messages will be more informative in final release.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Nothing happens." in red text indicates you failed a training progress gain. This occurs for two reasons. Damage was <=0 or the amount of training points available from any individual creature was exhausted. These messages will be more informative in final release.
Ok so basically, if you see the message just keep hitting them for a bit and if it continues you've exhausted that mobs available points.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So does the creature refresh points it can give out after a period of time? like you can fight one thing until it dies and move few screens away kill something else and then come back to same monster again?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So does the creature refresh points it can give out after a period of time? like you can fight one thing until it dies and move few screens away kill something else and then come back to same monster again?
After an hour the Baracoon still said Nothing Happened. I think killing it might be the only way.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, you need to kill it. All training is specific to each individual pet however, so if you exhaust all the points on a target another pet could still get their gains.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you need to kill it. All training is specific to each individual pet however, so if you exhaust all the points on a target another pet could still get their gains.
Gains might be a little fast on Slot 3 to 4. Fighting the right mobs Ancient Wyrms, Baracoon, Navrey, Great Ape it only takes about an hour and a half.l maybe 2, 2 1/2 tops

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, because Kyronix has already stated he's finding a solution to make lower Slots tameables scale to gain based on lower difficulty mobs. So why would I waste my time in its current state?

And little edit. I did already gain 100% on a 2 slot Windrunner by double clienting, working up a baracoon tanking with my 3 slot lesser Hiryu and on my second client just attack Heal so he wasn't taking damage. The game isn't really that confusing if you've played long enough. It's a work around because I didn't want to wait for the fix. Took me all of 3 minutes to figure out. Simple game..

So the game isn't that confusing if you play long enough ? How long is long enough?

So new players need to be told by the way you need to run two clients of this game to be able to make it less confusing and less difficult?

If you really are smart you will learn to bot and script it's easy right?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make the training feel like training. Make it a bonding with the pet. Don't make it so that every pet is going to have the same set of options and all that is going to matter is what skin the pet has all the screen- because they all have the same abilities / powers / options available to them.
I would tend to agree. I don't hate this system as I have hated others in the past due to their needless inelegance, it just seems (as usual) a bit abstruse to the average player, but not savagely.

Something like a combo of time spent with pet + fame level from killed monsters would have been simpler and easier for people to "get" what it is they need to do.

All this idea really needs to be fine is enough in game feedback, so people don't feel like they are flailing in the dark.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It works fine on pets that don't have training active. Once you have training active it auto cancels consume damage and as one. I guess they think they don't want us to be able to take an easy road to killing some of the higher level monsters as easily. Empowerment and berserk work fine on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm fine with that. Though, peacemaking has much of the same effect...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holy ****, tameable Phoenix, Shadow Wyrm and Dread Spider!? Been wanting those for ages. I've been wanting to tame a Phoenix, since i first saw one rip apart a dozen Dragons back in 1998 during a ShadowStorm (S/S) guild hunt on Napa.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix with all the changes can you make it where skeletal dragons can be bonded for tamer or necromancer right now the skele dragon system is so flawed and if they were bondable it would fix it. Can't crash walk to far away without them disappearing. Then next question can tinker made golems be bonded and lowered to 2 control slots. How useless they are right now is sad I used to camp elder gazer room with these. The kotl golems is bonded so why not the original . or is it possible to think of adding all the exodus and clockwork juggernauts to a crafting list bonded of course
You used to be able to camp the EG Room with Golems before AoS, because Golems have 200+ Resist, and that was back when Resist actually reduced direct damage from spells, so the EGs couldn't really hurt them. With GM Magery/Eval, you'd Flamestrike a Golem for only 4 damage, while Magic Arrow did 2 damage. The Devs took the Kotl Golem idea from me, lol. SA Golem Suggestion.

Wait! What??? Dex can be capped at 150? Crap. Is there a limit to this? I can just see now a pvp tamer gargoyle with a 150 dex (insert creature here) chasing at full speed.
Crap
Rune Beetles can already spawn with up to 170 DEX, which becomes 180+ after Bless, allowing them to reach a break point where they become lightning fast and can keep up with you at full sprint. Pack Horses can also be bought with up to 65 more Stam than Dex. If you get one with 35 DEX and 100 Stam, it trains up to 125 DEX/190 Stam, and when Blessed with 120 Eval, it goes up to 205 Stamina. Those Pack Horses are on crack, and can probably outrun even a speed hacker.

@Kyronix, what about mages in all this? EVs and Blade Spirits are technically "pets", even if summoned. Same with the 8th level summons. The 8th level summons have been worthless for forever, Blade Spirits take too long to summon and are too easily auto-dispelled, and EVs are relatively weak when you're limited to only 2. In the old days before control slots, I could have a team of EVs going, and my mage could do fairly well.

But in comparison to the pets Tamers will have access to after this publish... As well, RC's are far better summons than anything a pure mage can summon. Given that the 8th level spells are dominated by summoning spells, is it possible for mage summons to also be reexamined, to buff up BS and EVs, and to make the 8th level summons actually worth summoning?
I agree. They need to revamp the Mage Summons, especially since the Passive Magic Mastery "Enchanted Summoning" is summon specific. Make Blade Spirits take 1 Control Slot, and give them back their ability to inflict Greater Poison. Give EVs back their ability to Curse, Mana Drain and DP on hit, like they used to have (EVs used to be terrifying in Buc's Den). Hell, give summoned Daemons the ability to use Necromancy.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm so I added mysticism to my lesser hiryu. and this happened. IT STARTED CASTING RISING COLUSES!!!!! LOLOLOL
Yea mine did that when i was standing next to Bleak and he broke mine lol. It is being fixed unfortunately. I actually like the summons tho

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the game isn't that confusing if you play long enough ? How long is long enough?

So new players need to be told by the way you need to run two clients of this game to be able to make it less confusing and less difficult?

If you really are smart you will learn to bot and script it's easy right?
Well luckily it's in it's first week of testing, and I doubt there's a plethora of new players on test testing this. Just in case though, hop over to test center and give it a go. That way you can give your own feedback on what you'd like to be done with training.

Bot and script? What's that have to do with understanding game mechanics? You really are reaching now..I'll let it go this time

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Face Meet Palm
I think they just added a wrong AI to the revamp. It'll be fixed next rework. The summons also attack the controller as well. Hence why I have 3 deaths/ 3 assists lol

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally reached the end of the first round of training. In trying to select upgrades I almost accidentally raised my WW from 4 slots to 5, the only reason I didn't was I was sitting on an ethy so the hp upgrade I'd chosen wasn't applied.
At no point was there any notice 'warning this will increase follower slot requirement'.
So, the WW has 456 HP. How high can I take that and still keep her as a 4 slot pet? What are the criteria for raising the slot requirement? How can you know where to stop the training?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally reached the end of the first round of training. In trying to select upgrades I almost accidentally raised my WW from 4 slots to 5, the only reason I didn't was I was sitting on an ethy so the hp upgrade I'd chosen wasn't applied.
At no point was there any notice 'warning this will increase follower slot requirement'.
So, the WW has 456 HP. How high can I take that and still keep her as a 4 slot pet? What are the criteria for raising the slot requirement? How can you know where to stop the training?
One of the things I would like to see is a lock control slot option which lets the players lock the pet to that particular control slot level and will then let you train up to but not beyond that threshold.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the requests I have for the pet revamp is to make the pet follow the tamer's commands. Too often, the pet will ignore a command and start killing something else that is attacking it no matter how many times you command it to kill what you want. This is particularly important for the weaker pets. You'd rather they finish off the first foe and deal with the new threat by itself. Instead, they want to turn to the new threat and let the two foes attack them at once.

One of the other aspects of this is ordering your pets to follow you so you can get them out of battle and heal them, but instead they sit there stupidly and do nothing but take hits.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Let us know when you find out.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
One of the requests I have for the pet revamp is to make the pet follow the tamer's commands. Too often, the pet will ignore a command and start killing something else that is attacking it no matter how many times you command it to kill what you want. This is particularly important for the weaker pets. You'd rather they finish off the first foe and deal with the new threat by itself. Instead, they want to turn to the new threat and let the two foes attack them at once.
SO MUCH THIS!

Especially when my unicorn does his AoE and it hits something else he immediately goes after that while he's getting pounded on by the thing he was attacking first..NOT COOL!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
SO MUCH THIS!

Especially when my unicorn does his AoE and it hits something else he immediately goes after that while he's getting pounded on by the thing he was attacking first..NOT COOL!
Yea, but when what he's chasing is you.....

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
Something is wrong with the control slot req. calculation:

I started taming a dragon (ordinary one, no greater) and failed at the first attempt. So i wanted to try again but got "too many followers". After loring the dragon, his control slots showed "5 => 5". WTF?
It went back to 4 after a while. But when trying to redline it to tame it, it went up again.
Can it be that casting blessing & stuff upon himself he increases the follower slots?
That definitely needs to be fixed.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
Something is wrong with the control slot req. calculation:

I started taming a dragon (ordinary one, no greater) and failed at the first attempt. So i wanted to try again but got "too many followers". After loring the dragon, his control slots showed "5 => 5". WTF?
It went back to 4 after a while. But when trying to redline it to tame it, it went up again.
Can it be that casting blessing & stuff upon himself he increases the follower slots?
That definitely needs to be fixed.
I have a tiger that I trained up to 4 slots. When I blessed it, it then showed 5 => 5 as well. So my thought was yes blessing it DID put it over the 4 slot "cap" and , also yes That definitely needs to be fixed.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another request I have for pet revam! When pets are attacked, they have this amazing ability to navigate obstacles and mazes to get at whatever it is that targeted. I'd like to see that same AI applied to following their players. I mean, mine are always getting stuck on corners.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I am correct you can not adjust any thing until you complete the first 100 percent. Then after that you are able to adjust stats and unlock skills

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I am correct you can not adjust any thing until you complete the first 100 percent. Then after that you are able to adjust stats and unlock skills
Some creatures, particularly the weaker ones, will have stats improve as their skills improve so you'll also see their hit points, stamina, and mana improve as their stats improve. But other than that, I believe you are correct.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just trying to decide if I want to take my pair of vollems on the training adventure. Currently once I start training them on test they go from a 2 slot each to a 4 slot each. After hours of training one of them I am only at 8% in the training completion. I dont mind but I would like to find out if it will out damage the current pair I have on production shard

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am really excited concering this major change in taming, thx for that! However, one thing I really liked about the former situation was that u could find a real individual pet - a strong feature UO always had (see random properties on items). Finding a "good" GD and being lucky to tame it was a nice task and fun. Plz keep this concept up! I dont want to have pets that are all turned into the same "machine" of chosen traits and abilities, just mere copys of more or less identical training paths since one "build" is the most effective one. Introduce eg individual tables of "max" traits/abilities that can be lored and that limit an individual pet to an individual "Max hp" etc etc.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even with current unfinished training we have, better pet you have is better pet you can train. Each training level gives same pool of points to spend on upgrades.
So, better resists your pet had - less points you need to max them, more points left for other upgrades.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

One of the other aspects of this is ordering your pets to follow you so you can get them out of battle and heal them, but instead they sit there stupidly and do nothing but take hits.
Yep, this ^. I wish pets were 100% obedient (assuming you passed the control check) when you order a kill, and would refuse to switch targets until the kill target is dead, or you order a new kill target.
Oftentimes, you'll need your pet to switch to a higher priority target that just joined the fight, yet they won't and will still attack their old target (oftentimes because Bleed or Poison is on it), rather than go after the new target. An example would be your pet is fighting the Wyvern [Renowned], and a Forgotten Servant get's on your pet. You need to target the Forgotten Servant so that his aura won't interrupt your bandage healing and aggro him to you, yet your stupid pet refuses to attack the Forgotten Servant no matter how many times you order him to kill it, because he has Bleed on the Wyvern [Renowned]. Anything with a Aura/AoE such as Wither, is a priority kill target, so you can keep vetting your pet uninterrupted.

Pet's can also start randomly targeting anything on them and switch targets rapidly, if they're doing damage to multiple targets at once. Good example of this, is when the Bane Dragon is surrounded, and he's applied Greater Poison/DP to all his attackers. He'll rapidly switch targets any time his poison ticks on an enemy. You should see what happens when a Bane Dragon is fighting 9+ Raptors in Ter Mur, and has them all poisoned.
Another good example of this, is when farming Iron Beetles with a Bane Dragon. Since the Bane Dragon will DP all the Iron Beetles attacking him, he'll target them, but refuse to attack the Wolf Spiders on him, even if you order him to attack them. The Wolf Spiders are a higher priority kill target, because their poison will prevent you from healing the Bane Dragon.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing I think a lot of tamers fail to realize is that if you are running through an area and you just want to go and not stop you need to tell your pet the following "All Stop"... followed by "All follow Me" ..... This will stop him from being in "guard" mode and he will ignore everything attacking him or you to follow only... This of course means he won't help you at all and if you want him to actually kill something you will have to give a kill command but it will keep the pet from getting wandering eyes when you want him to just move it...

As for the retargetting thing..... VERY annoying I agree. I have this issue often...

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Personally I always quite liked the misbehaviour of UO pets during fights etc, and it often being hard to call them off, also their refusal to sometimes do as you say, it made them seem a lot more like real pets rather than radio controlled accessories that you keep in your pocket as pets seem to be in most other games, UO pets always seemed to have personalities and Id actually enjoy it if they had more unruly or unpredictable AIs.

Agree about the getting stuck on easily navigatable objects when following you though, that works against the above and could do with being fixed.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
2 things , i dunno if they have been mentioned because i really dont want to read 8 pages of comments lol but when 2 people are using shadow worms in tram even, killing something, they do wither i think it is and they will start fighting each other. 2nd when you have the animal lore skill gump open you cant use another skill...only buggyness ive found so far, other than that im diggin this publish!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 things , i dunno if they have been mentioned because i really dont want to read 8 pages of comments lol but when 2 people are using shadow worms in tram even, killing something, they do wither i think it is and they will start fighting each other. 2nd when you have the animal lore skill gump open you cant use another skill...only buggyness ive found so far, other than that im diggin this publish!
Its a known issue. Hopefully they do fix it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe @Bleak and @Kyronix said they were looking into Shadow Wyrms doing area damage that hurts friendlies... It's my hope that they fix this issue once and for all because this has been an issue for a lot longer than just now... we had the problem with lots of pets/summons and the controlled mastery creatures like Skeletal Dragons doing damage that causes them to fight one another... there has GOT to be a good answer to making them stop agroing on friendlies as WE the players don't agro on one another or our friends at EM Events or even in Fel... The pet ought to be able to tell friend from foe... Because yes the area effect wither and poison strike do cause it currently to agro on friendlies. Would be a shame if they just removed area effects from them... as that would seriously make them not really that great as a pet.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the animal lore gump actually is a bug. There's a reason it does that(from what I heard) it might be fixed tho. However I wish you could keep up the animal lore gump and see progress live. So you can see how much % youre gaining or skills tbh.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for the retargetting thing..... VERY annoying I agree. I have this issue often...
I also agree that retargeting is annoying, but it's probably realistic. Imagine a dog A fighting dog B. Dog C comes in and chomps dog A on the butt. I am pretty sure more often than not Dog A will turn around to drive dog C away.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I really hope they fix the tamed Shadow wyrms having half the HPs of a regular tamed dragon or WW too :S

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the animal lore gump actually is a bug. There's a reason it does that(from what I heard) it might be fixed tho. However I wish you could keep up the animal lore gump and see progress live. So you can see how much % youre gaining or skills tbh.

There's a bug regarding Animal Lore on current shards which basically breaks your character and prevents it from using any skill until a GM comes and fixes it. This new change prevents that, as far as I know. So it is actually a fix to prevent an issue that requires a GM page.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe @Bleak and @Kyronix said they were looking into Shadow Wyrms doing area damage that hurts friendlies... It's my hope that they fix this issue once and for all because this has been an issue for a lot longer than just now... we had the problem with lots of pets/summons and the controlled mastery creatures like Skeletal Dragons doing damage that causes them to fight one another... there has GOT to be a good answer to making them stop agroing on friendlies as WE the players don't agro on one another or our friends at EM Events or even in Fel... The pet ought to be able to tell friend from foe... Because yes the area effect wither and poison strike do cause it currently to agro on friendlies. Would be a shame if they just removed area effects from them... as that would seriously make them not really that great as a pet.
Yep. It's an extremely old bug that was never fixed. Back in 1998, White Wyrms were able to cast Mass Curse. Problem was, if they cast Mass Curse on a target in melee range of them, and their owner was standing next to the WW vetting it, the Mass Curse would also hit the Tamer, and the WW would turn around and chomp his own master.
Rather than fix the problem, they simply removed Mass Curse from WWs. Every time the devs have ran into the same AoE problem with pets, they've gone the route of removing the AoE abilities, like they recently did with Skeletal Dragons under Command Undead, they no longer cast Wither or Poison Strike at all.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. It's an extremely old bug that was never fixed. Back in 1998, White Wyrms were able to cast Mass Curse. Problem was, if they cast Mass Curse on a target in melee range of them, and their owner was standing next to the WW vetting it, the Mass Curse would also hit the Tamer, and the WW would turn around and chomp his own master.
Rather than fix the problem, they simply removed Mass Curse from WWs. Every time the devs have ran into the same AoE problem with pets, they've gone the route of removing the AoE abilities, like they recently did with Skeletal Dragons under Command Undead, they no longer cast Wither or Poison Strike at all.
Actually, skeletal dragons do still cast poison strike, but it doesn't hurt players or player pets. It does, however, hurt Eodonians or Mymidex allies in the war chambers. I took them down there yesterday and accidentally discovered this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, skeletal dragons do still cast poison strike, but it doesn't hurt players or player pets. It does, however, hurt Eodonians or Mymidex allies in the war chambers. I took them down there yesterday and accidentally discovered this.
One would hope that eventually the DEVs can figure out why players don't have this issue but pets do... pets should have the same rules as players when it comes to AoE spells and such... silly that they don't follow the same rules.