• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 96 World Wide

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Still nothing about Pet revamping? All I seen is it's coming from the Meets & Greets notes. And I really wished we had gotten a new mount in the store that pops in the back pack like the Charger, not some Rainbow Sprite mount. I am not happy with that. I hate that Spider vet reward. Where my Wall maps I ask for? Yes I know, maps of the known world, along with wall maps made by t hunters. they are known world or Eodon. I am asking about maps of the other locations, I want to see maps like that. All in all the wedding package is nice, $30 you get a load of stuff. But where the veil for the dress? If a female wears the tux she needs heels with that suit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm hearing a lot of, I'm leaving this isn't fun from Doom chat. And they want another developer head on a pike.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is not only not fun, the Dark Father was a major mess on high ping at TC.
Not bothering with it at all. I will just buy what I want on ATL a few months from now.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it intended that I can step on every square cube blocks? I saw a fix in some patch notes but now I don't need stairs anymore to enter a house.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Dark Father fight is just a TERRIBLE mess.

Things get worse when there are 1+ DFs. Everyone and DFs are now forced to fight in the SMALL center area (about 20x20 tiles) with all that constant jumping and pulling and running.

It doesn't even work when you have too many melee warriors. Everything is manageable if there's only one DF.

Nice change of AI.

DF should have a cooldown timer also for their jumping/pulling skillz. And Flesherenderer should also have a cooldown timer for turning into yellow. Right now it turns just about every FOUR seconds. That's the real show-stopper.

On the "Guaranteed Reward System" -- how does it really work specifically?
First I ran 3 rounds solo. No drop, no problem; that's Doom. I then brought along a friend (rather inexperienced sampire). He got Halo on his second round from Room 5. And there's no one else. Hello?
We did total of 8 rounds. No recipe or new items. I did get this shield in the backpack on the 6th round. Did this piece of art just reset my reward points?
One hour of my time doing the roof would yield many legendary than this shield that's from 5 hours of Doom runs. The new Doom makes so much sense.

SS_1154.png SS_1153.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still nothing about Pet revamping? All I seen is it's coming from the Meets & Greets notes. And I really wished we had gotten a new mount in the store that pops in the back pack like the Charger, not some Rainbow Sprite mount. I am not happy with that. I hate that Spider vet reward. Where my Wall maps I ask for? Yes I know, maps of the known world, along with wall maps made by t hunters. they are known world or Eodon. I am asking about maps of the other locations, I want to see maps like that. All in all the wedding package is nice, $30 you get a load of stuff. But where the veil for the dress? If a female wears the tux she needs heels with that suit.
"We are well underway working on Publish 97. The major feature release for Pub 97 is the long anticipated pet revamp. More details will be available as we move through the development process, up front I can tell you we have new creatures to tame, new ways to train and customize pets, and new viable options for pets beyond just a greater dragon!"

Quote from latest news letter. ;)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You really should educate yourself on a subject before you start spouting off about it. Multiboxing characters look COMPLETELY different from multiclienters who use the follow command. If YOU can't tell the difference, that is your issue... don't try making it everyone else's.

So you understand the difference, multiboxing characters move in unison on the exact same tile... you would never see one following 2 or 3 tiles behind and stopping near the original character. Watch at the next event for that guy in wraith form that seems to have an extra bold black outline... watch it move as one graphic... THAT is a multiboxer. Those 3 mystics in stone form that follow each other around and are always standing near each other aren't multiboxers.
SO U UNDERSTAND THAT THATS NOT THE ONLY ILLEGAL PROGRAM BEING USED. SOME USE THE FOLLOW COMMAND. I KNOW U KNOW THIS. IT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN AWAY. IF U WANT TO USE MORE THEN ONE ACCOUNT/CHAR FINE, U SHOULD HAVE TO CONTROL THEM NOT AUTO FOLLOW/CAST/BUFFS, ECT... . THE DEVS CANT SEEM TO TELL ABOUT BETWEEN MULTIBOXING AND MULTI CHAR USE OR NOTHING IS DONE. EITHER WAY IT HAS BECOME A JOKE THAT MANY PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SO U UNDERSTAND THAT THATS NOT THE ONLY ILLEGAL PROGRAM BEING USED. SOME USE THE FOLLOW COMMAND. I KNOW U KNOW THIS. IT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN AWAY. IF U WANT TO USE MORE THEN ONE ACCOUNT/CHAR FINE, U SHOULD HAVE TO CONTROL THEM NOT AUTO FOLLOW/CAST/BUFFS, ECT... . THE DEVS CANT SEEM TO TELL ABOUT BETWEEN MULTIBOXING AND MULTI CHAR USE OR NOTHING IS DONE. EITHER WAY IT HAS BECOME A JOKE THAT MANY PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE.
Calm down before you have a heart attack. You can't remove the follow command without screwing the legit players who use it. Once all the actual multiboxers are taken care of, come back and we'll see just how big a problem the follow command really is...

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Dark Father fight is just a TERRIBLE mess.

Things get worse when there are 1+ DFs. Everyone and DFs are now forced to fight in the SMALL center area (about 20x20 tiles) with all that constant jumping and pulling and running.

It doesn't even work when you have too many melee warriors. Everything is manageable if there's only one DF.

Nice change of AI.

DF should have a cooldown timer also for their jumping/pulling skillz. And Flesherenderer should also have a cooldown timer for turning into yellow. Right now it turns just about every FOUR seconds. That's the real show-stopper.

On the "Guaranteed Reward System" -- how does it really work specifically?
First I ran 3 rounds solo. No drop, no problem; that's Doom. I then brought along a friend (rather inexperienced sampire). He got Halo on his second round from Room 5. And there's no one else. Hello?
We did total of 8 rounds. No recipe or new items. I did get this shield in the backpack on the 6th round. Did this piece of art just reset my reward points?
One hour of my time doing the roof would yield many legendary than this shield that's from 5 hours of Doom runs. The new Doom makes so much sense.

View attachment 61615 View attachment 61650
Yup. according to patch notes: A randomly generated “Prized” magic item that is at least a Lesser Artifact, with no additional negative properties.

That was your artifact for 5 hours of work lol. =[ Kind of disappointing. Should be at least greater or major artifact level.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's what we have to deal with now on Sonoma.

A large group of people showed up to the gauntlet.
It spawned up three Dark Fathers.
Large group tried for a short while, couldn't kill even one DF.
Most of the large group gets tired of trying and leaves.
Now we have a very small group (3-4 of us) left having to deal with three Dark Fathers!

Ya, this is fun... NOT!

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an idea. Instead of spawning the Dark fathers in the center room. Why not spawn and tether them BACK int he other rooms. So this isn't a complete **** fest.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell me this is a joke right?
Wow. I got The Deceiver yesterday, but lost it in the major cluster**** that was the first day of the new Doom Gauntlet. I'm so heartbroken about that. Today: The Gauntlets of Nobility.

If I end up getting one of those things, I'm definitely never setting foot in Doom again. Until everyone stops doing it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since everyone obviously having SO MUCH FUN, I think I'm going to let my obscene number of golden skulls continue to collect virtual dust...

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak

Please clarify and verify how the Guaranteed Reward System really works. If anything, please indicate the points somewhere we can see.

After killing about 25 DFs and getting this many blood between myself and a friend, we got a total of just 1 Halo and 1 junk shield (see my post above). That's about 20 rounds in total, from about 10 hours. And this is coming from two sampires with organized tactics.

There goes the benchmark for anyone else. I cant imagine other templates doing this at all. We didn't even bother to fight DF when there were other players, coz they were just running around.

SS_1157.jpg

I hereby conclude the following for the new Doom: RIP
1. The process of doing it: chaotic, exhausting, frustrating, limited to few templates
2. The reward of doing it: very minimal -- not rewarding at all

p96 needs a hot fix:
1. Remove the drop of random lesser+ artifacts. We are here for the real Doom artifacts.
2. Add timer for DF jumping
3. Add timer for Fleshrenderer turning yellow
4. Boost the drop rate of recipes/new artifacts & improve the reward system

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's what we have to deal with now on Sonoma.

A large group of people showed up to the gauntlet.
It spawned up three Dark Fathers.
Large group tried for a short while, couldn't kill even one DF.
Most of the large group gets tired of trying and leaves.
Now we have a very small group (3-4 of us) left having to deal with three Dark Fathers!

Ya, this is fun... NOT!
Same here. Exactly the same experience here, haha!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak

Please clarify and verify how the Guaranteed Reward System really works. If anything, please indicate the points somewhere we can see.

After killing about 25 DFs and getting this many blood between myself and a friend, we got a total of just 1 Halo and 1 junk shield (see my post above). That's about 20 rounds in total, from about 10 hours. And this is coming from two sampires with organized tactics.

There goes the benchmark for anyone else. I cant imagine other templates doing this at all. We didn't even bother to fight DF when there were other players, coz they were just running around.

View attachment 61726

I hereby conclude the following for the new Doom: RIP
1. The process of doing it: chaotic, exhausting, frustrating, limited to few templates
2. The reward of doing it: very minimal -- not rewarding at all

p96 needs a hot fix:
1. Remove the drop of random lesser+ artifacts. We are here for the real Doom artifacts.
2. Add timer for DF jumping
3. Add timer for Fleshrenderer turning yellow
4. Boost the drop rate of recipes/new artifacts & improve the reward system
Reminds me of Cora. Nobody doing it. Just stupid.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Is not only Doom
Few other places now, as soon as you flag the monster , he pull you in, instant kill you and 20, yes 20 greater poison element pop up.....hahaha

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What game window size are you using and are you in full-screen?
Mine is not working this morning as well. CC in windows mode full screen res 1024x768 with play window size 1152x864.