• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 96 World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Beginning with the Japanese shards this evening, all shards will be updated to Publish 96 with their regular maintenance by February 9, 2017. Check out the latest changes in the patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. We appreciate everyone’s feedback and assistance during the Publish 96 testing cycle. Thank you! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I shouldn't have expected any further changes, but still. Disappointing

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad to see at least a mention regarding some proactive enforcement of the macroing.

@Mesanna Please consider adding EM events to observe and remove multiboxers as well... IMO, this is easily as significant an issue and detriment to the game as AFK macroing.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad to see at least a mention regarding some proactive enforcement of the macroing.

@Mesanna Please consider adding EM events to observe and remove multiboxers as well... IMO, this is easily as significant an issue and detriment to the game as AFK macroing.
Where are you reading this?

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

can you quote this, because I did a page search and found nothing about what you are mentioning.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the UO Newsletter =

" On a final note I want to let everyone know that we are checking popular areas for
those that are unattended macroing. If a GM appears I highly suggest you speak
to him immediately, this will be your only advanced warning.

See you in Britannia,

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Producer

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old Vet Back Again~ Its located in the new newsletter found here Ultima Online News Letter but she says this about it in the last paragraph of that page.

"On a final note I want to let everyone know that we are checking popular areas for those that are unattended macroing. If a GM appears I highly suggest you speak to him immediately, this will be your only advanced warning."

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

By becoming visible, the multiboxers will easily be able to stop and flip through their characters to "respond" to the GM.

This will resolve exactly nothing.

See a multiboxer, BAN a multiboxer. Period.

I now return you to your typical Broadsword spinelessness.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They say it but I don't think they'll do jack ****.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

By becoming visible, the multiboxers will easily be able to stop and flip through their characters to "respond" to the GM.

a Multi-boxer wouldn't have to flip through their characters, people who multi-client would.... the GM's need to know the difference between mutli-clienting & mutli-boxing before they're able to take action on an account, also... a person should have to be "performing an action" to be considering unattended macroing, instead of just afk doing nothing. a simple check in the journal would show this most of the time.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think this will bother the guys and girls doing the EM events because they are active and will be able to answer a GM.

This seems more aimed at the AFK loot farmers with a bunch of accounts farming mobs and looting the goodies. If a GM rocks up and they can't answer they *might* get a ban. I doubt for 1 minute it will be perma though.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a Multi-boxer wouldn't have to flip through their characters, people who multi-client would.... the GM's need to know the difference between mutli-clienting & mutli-boxing before they're able to take action on an account, also... a person should have to be "performing an action" to be considering unattended macroing, instead of just afk doing nothing. a simple check in the journal would show this most of the time.
Receiving a "hi" from 5+ near-identical characters standing on top of each other at the exact same time wouldn't be suspicious at all, right? o_O

To even attempt faking being multiple players, they'd need to acknowledge the GM at least semi randomly.

I also don't care about, nor is the issue about, multi-clienters.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
This is a total joke. When has unattended macroing hurt the game? Working skills is tiresome and a joke if you have to be 'attended' doing so. If she is talking about unattended resource gathering she needs to address the issue with a correct categorization.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

First off, the devs didn't say anything about enforcement against multiboxers. Becoming visible was referring to people suspected of AFK macroing.

Multiboxers, by default, are assumed to be attended...

Personally, I would like some situational types of enforcement... get caught multiboxing in PVP or PVM, all accounts get a 72 hour ban on the first instance and a perma ban on the second. Get caught multiboxing at an EM event, all accounts get an account wide (all shards/all characters) block from receiving an EM event drop for 90 days on the first occurrence, and a perma block on the second.

It sounds like a harsh penalty, but I would be that after a few times of enforcement, word would spread and the issue would all but go away.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a total joke. When has unattended macroing hurt the game? Working skills is tiresome and a joke if you have to be 'attended' doing so. If she is talking about unattended resource gathering she needs to address the issue with a correct categorization.
The first place that came to my mind regarding her reference was the AFK farmers in Blackthorns.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Receiving a "hi" from 5+ near-identical characters standing on top of each other at the exact same time wouldn't be suspicious at all, right? o_O

To even attempt faking being multiple players, they'd need to acknowledge the GM at least semi randomly.

I also don't care about, nor is the issue about, multi-clienters.
Hehe, it doesn't matter how suspicious it looks, what matters is if the player responds to the GM.
Third-party programs are a problem, regardless if it's a "Multi-boxing" program or not, but the GMs don't take action on these things unless you're "Unattended".

According to Mesanna, you only need to respond to the GM if they say something to you, if you respond nothing would happen to your account.

just by being afk, Even if your character is not performing any actions, it's considered unattended macroing.... if a GM shows up to ask you something, and you don't respond you can get a suspension.. this should NEVER Happen.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe, it doesn't matter how suspicious it looks, what matters is if the player responds to the GM.
Third-party programs are a problem, regardless if it's a "Multi-boxing" program or not, but the GMs don't take action on these things unless you're "Unattended".

According to Mesanna, you only need to respond to the GM if they say something to you, if you respond nothing would happen to your account.

just by being afk, Even if your character is not performing any actions, it's considered unattended macroing.... if a GM shows up to ask you something, and you don't respond you can get a suspension.. this should NEVER Happen.
I wonder how often Luna mint will get checked for those who can't respond...

I can see it now, the GM appears at Luna mint and says... Can I get an AMEN! ... anyone who does not reply... BBBOOOOOOOOOMMMM... you're in jail!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off, the devs didn't say anything about enforcement against multiboxers. Becoming visible was referring to people suspected of AFK macroing.

Multiboxers, by default, are assumed to be attended...
By definition, multiboxing is still macroing and only 1 of those accounts should be considered attended. The rest are bots. Continuing to equivocate isn't going to drive BS to pull their heads out of the sand. The players need to send a strong. clear message that they find the behavior and BS's willful ignorance entirely unacceptable.

Personally, I would like some situational types of enforcement... get caught multiboxing in PVP or PVM, all accounts get a 72 hour ban on the first instance and a perma ban on the second. Get caught multiboxing at an EM event, all accounts get an account wide (all shards/all characters) block from receiving an EM event drop for 90 days on the first occurrence, and a perma block on the second.

It sounds like a harsh penalty, but I would be that after a few times of enforcement, word would spread and the issue would all but go away.
I would be okay with these punishments, though I would be a tad harsher if discovered at an EM event, champ spawn, or boss encounter (including the Blackthorn's & the Gauntlet).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Again, only one character/account of a multiboxer should be considered "attended." The rest are bots being run by illegal 3rd party programs. It's not difficult to determine who is and who isn't multiboxing simply by observation.

If someone is whacking a golem or an arctic ogre lord for 15 hours straight, its a highly probable they aren't attended and will likely get actioned.

Agreed. This kind of overzealousness doesn't serve the players or the studio any good.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, only one character/account of a multiboxer should be considered "attended." The rest are bots being run by illegal 3rd party programs. It's not difficult to determine who is and who isn't multiboxing simply by observation.
I agree, I just don't think the powers that be would look at it that way.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

Cooking Bulk Orders – Ultima Online

Cooking Large BODs

Dough: Sweet cocoa butter does not bribe up. (in patch notes) What level cook has the best chance to Exceptional sweet cocoa butter? 100 rarely gets the low stuff. (don't change it) FIXED

Unbaked pies: None bribe up to exceptional. FIXED

Patch notes say, Resolved issues where uncooked fruit pie, uncooked peach cobbler, muffin, and sweet cocoa butter BODs could not be exceptional or be bribed up to exceptional.

Barbeque: Has always worked. Always normal

Sweets: Cant bribe up Cake, Muffins or 3 tier cake. Muffins can not be made exceptional! (Even though they could be on TC1) Please make the Norm be worth 410 points instead of 400. Muffins wont bribe to exceptional

Fruits: They cant be made exceptional. I think something is wrong with the website chart. The line is in the wrong place between Sweets and Fruits. FIXED also fixed webpage.

Miso Soup: Has always worked

Sushi: Has always worked.

Nevermind, the patch isn't active yet...

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will never understand why one AFK farm Blackthorn when dealing with the captains ain't hard at all. They are also usually a fun fight. Would be even more fun if Legends wasn't stuck on Fey Spawn. But alas.
Also, I thought I would give old Gauntlet a few runs before the revamp, but I just can't muster the will to log on tonight to do so. I am slowly falling out of love for the game, it seems.
The new gauntlet makes critters "difficult" for the sake of "difficult" instead of fun. I just can't be bothered with that.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will never understand why one AFK farm Blackthorn when dealing with the captains ain't hard at all.
Because you can leave a character in that room and go to work, go out for the day, sleep then come back to a backpack full of minax minors without even having to really play the game.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Because you can leave a character in that room and go to work, go out for the day, sleep then come back to a backpack full of minax minors without even having to really play the game.
Makes some sense... but isn't the drop rate there like, around 2 per hour?
In one hour, with fey spawn, which is the most annoying one, I can get between 22 to 30 minax minors depending on the captains that spawn and actually have fun doing it.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Makes some sense... but isn't the drop rate there like, around 2 per hour?
In one hour, with fey spawn, which is the most annoying one, I can get between 22 to 30 minax minors depending on the captains that spawn and actually have fun doing it.
To some people it´s not about fun, it´s about $s...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
the *Show names of approaching* is broken again

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What game window size are you using and are you in full-screen?
I am in windowed mode in the CC using the 1024 x 768 size.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think people must be testing the AFK bit.
Been online 5 mins and seen 6 AFK'ers, 3 of them in Luna bank. lol

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WHY did you have to put a so called "leash" (meaning they pop back to their original spawn spot after about 30-45 seconds) on the lesser bosses and the DF over in Doom?!? So three of us now have to deal with two DF's at the same time in the center instead of being able to lead one away and deal with it before tackling the next one! Ridiculous change!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WHY did you have to put a so called "leash" (meaning they pop back to their original spawn spot after about 30-45 seconds) on the lesser bosses and the DF over in Doom?!? So three of us now have to deal with two DF's at the same time in the center instead of being able to lead one away and deal with it before tackling the next one! Ridiculous change!
Yeah we tried it last night....you can lure one to right outside the door of the far east room but don't use a tamer or he'll lure you then bounce back..it's VERY very difficult now....I don't like the change either.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1024x768 in windowed mode. People using 800x600 say they are fine. Just seems to be the new resolutions.
I use the same Windowed size and can vouch that names don't appear anymore. They did yesterday before the patch but not today.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
does anyone think getting rid of the follow ability on another person or pet might help stop/curb multi use. the follow ability is just used for exploiting/cheating anyway. just a thought.
- POSSIBLE IMPOTANT BUG, I just killed myself to go in the doom room to check for stealing, after rez, I noticed my blessed 10 stealth robe was missing from backpack. it was left on body outside room. I think there were other items left on body too, but didn't notice exactly what other insured/blessed items didnt show up in backpack after rezzing let me know if anyone else noticed this.

Reactions: S_S

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let the record show, we still have ghost mobs at spawns too, last night, a whole lot of em!! Legends-Humility

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
does anyone think getting rid of the follow ability on another person or pet might help stop/curb multi use. the follow ability is just used for exploiting/cheating anyway. just a thought.
- POSSIBLE IMPOTANT BUG, I just killed myself to go in the doom room to check for stealing, after rez, I noticed my blessed 10 stealth robe was missing from backpack. it was left on body outside room. I think there were other items left on body too, but didn't notice exactly what other insured/blessed items didnt show up in backpack after rezzing let me know if anyone else noticed this.
THIS!! @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

Why would this not work to curb on multi-boxing? Do we really need the "follow player" ability in the game for any reason?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Multiboxers do not use the follow command. Removing it would not curb cheating AT ALL. It would only further disadvantage the legit players who use multiple accounts from the cheaters.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
the *Show names of approaching* is broken again
I start to like that, maybe we should not fix it, just use show all names macro. On Siege/Fel, people can again try to sneak up on you, but they have to find you first, if outside the screen, they won't see you. :devil:

I like I do not have black corners now.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Multiboxers do not use the follow command. Removing it would not curb cheating AT ALL. It would only further disadvantage the legit players who use multiple accounts from the cheaters.
IF THEY REMOVED FROM GAME AND THEN ANYONE SEEN USING/DOING, THEY ARE USING ILLEGAL PROGRAM. THEY CAN ACTULLY PROVE IT LOL, IF THEY LOOK LOL

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IF THEY REMOVED FROM GAME AND THEN ANYONE SEEN USING/DOING, THEY ARE USING ILLEGAL PROGRAM. THEY CAN ACTULLY PROVE IT LOL, IF THEY LOOK LOL
You really should educate yourself on a subject before you start spouting off about it. Multiboxing characters look COMPLETELY different from multiclienters who use the follow command. If YOU can't tell the difference, that is your issue... don't try making it everyone else's.

So you understand the difference, multiboxing characters move in unison on the exact same tile... you would never see one following 2 or 3 tiles behind and stopping near the original character. Watch at the next event for that guy in wraith form that seems to have an extra bold black outline... watch it move as one graphic... THAT is a multiboxer. Those 3 mystics in stone form that follow each other around and are always standing near each other aren't multiboxers.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And as always...clueless! Stick to making Trammel ****! You guys suck at balancing anything. Seriously!

You wonder why subs are dropping and the servers are emptying forcing people with that last ditch hope ATL lasts.. free server bound

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

Thanks for fixing most of the cooking BODs :danceb::banana::thumbup1:

The only one that I noticed not working is muffins.

Muffins can be made exceptional now. The Large Sweets BOD can be bribed to exceptional.

But: Muffins can not be bribed to exceptional!

That is all. Ill be making pies for a while.