• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86 Notes

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
  • Is there a way to escape or stop a hotbar from moving around when it follows your mouse?
I tried to create a new hotbar and the one existing hotbar I had somehow got linked to my mouse and I couldn't shake it no matter what I tried. I couldn't reach the hotbar to lock it or do anything to it since it followed the mouse, so I just logged out frustrated and annoyed.

• Does anyone have any ideas on what to do or figured out how to fix this (below)?
I can't seem to create more than one hotbar. The existing hotbar that had the F1-F12 I have, but every time I try to make a new hotbar it has a grayed out block with reddish pink hue around the edges for the icons and although I didn't add any icons it copies the existing icons I had on the original F1-12 hotbar although they're in the gray/pink look instead of the icon but when hovering over the icon it says what it is. I tried to move that "gray/pink for each icon" hotbar into a place to add icons, and then tried to make another hotbar but it just rubberbanded the gray/pink hotbar back to the top upper left corner, so I can't make any more hotbars. So far I HATE adding the new hotbar, for me it doesn't seem to work.

Here's some small things I've noticed or have problems with:
  • Is the button change around each icon supposed to change to something? When I right click the icon in a hotbar and go down to the buttons option and I choose a new button type out of the menu, nothing changes visually.
  • Also my arrow for mobiles doesn't load, i just see a colored rectangle where the arrow I'm guessing should be. I haven't gone out to check if it also happens with the quest NPC's, but I would assume so since not all graphics seem to be loading for me. I turned off the arrow tho so I don't see the big colored rectangle.
  • There's a "missing string" text I get when I hover over the descriptions for anything in the "Mobiles" section of the user settings.
  • Could it be possible to add more width to the text that you add to the hotbars so that it doesn't go to a 2nd line? I found that pretty nifty to add text to the main hotbar and the one hotbar that was already added.

My 2 main original issues I couldn't find a solution for other than to just log out of the game anytime it happened. When the new hotbar feature is working I don't hate it. Also, I checked the quest arrow and that will show up for me but not the mobile arrow. The mobile arrow isn't an issue for me tho since I most likely won't be using it anyhow.

Bug or Not?
  • When you add a color to the hotbar it only lasts until you log out. Once you logout the color for the hotbar is gone and it's back to a normal color. It'd be nice if the color you choose stayed permanent so that you can organize any collapsed hotbars and keep the color for any text you labeled on the hotbar.
  • When you choose to toggle legacy containers, either through the user settings or the hotbar icon, it changes all your containers to legacy ones now. Before it would be if you chose to toggle legacy containers it only did it to containers not yet opened. It was nice to be able to maintain your backpack in the EC grid view while you could have legacy containers for restocking vendors. If this isn't a bug, could it be made an option to keep the backpack in EC view while other containers are legacy? It'd help a lot for restocking vendors without having to move everything in your backpack around to get the items to restock, then rearrange your backpack again after you're done.
  • In the user agent when you first name whichever agent you're using you can write longer text, but when you go to rename it the text allowed is much smaller. Can this be fixed to keep the longer text?
  • The description for the loot bag says that the bag will be a golden hue, but I don't see the color. Is the description wrong or the color just not showing?
Request for changes:
  • I preferred the previous EC view for runebooks rather than the new one. I don't mind the legacy spellbook, but the runebook bothers me. Could we maybe have an option in the user settings to choose which one we prefer?
  • It's confusing for items that are stacked that show a number and items that have the number showing for it's uses. Could this be color coded to differentiate them? Or have stacks numbers show in the bottom left (how it is now) and uses number for items show in the upper right?
  • Could text be a bit longer for the label of hotbars? Along with having the text all be on one line.
Thanks for reading!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I tried EC to see the new stuff, was very confusing. Where is setting and logout now, can't find it. Goes back to good old CC

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see RTB coming back.

Loot changes are welcome, it'll be good to choose where I hunt and get a more updated result in the loot. I hate seeing yet more new item properties, but perhaps one of the devs can sit with a new or returning player some time and realise how tricky it is to decide "keep or trash" in spawn loot when it's constantly re-spawning and you're not sure what everything does ;) But otherwise this is a good change!

The trade quests look interesting, something different for some of my girls to do.

VvV.... well it turned out as I expected when there was mention of the focus group. Different in some fun ways, but based on item-based combat where the fancy suits rule *yawn*. VvV could have done more to give new and returning PvPers a lower entry requirement. Something like standard issue armour for each side to balance it and focus more on tactics. But I don't see anything that makes me want to return to PvP here. Especially not the blue or red hair! That nearly had my coffee over the keyboard....

I'd suggest allowing all players access to a notification of which town currently has VvV if they want to receive it. Then give them time to get out before they're attacked. If we must all be put at risk by these fights, I would just appreciate a bit more warning for my non-combat characters, so they can get a head start running away. Fair enough to have anyone who joins in with VvV end up flagged as such, or if you're running a trade quest, I can understand having the additional risk before you get the reward. But if every player who enters a VvV city is going to be made part of the fight, then we all need to receive the same warning.

And the new UI... First obvious question, does it have an off switch to go back to the previous UI default? Or will it be modifiable so some of us can actually choose if we have all this stuff? Or tweak some of it? I'm going to need to take a hammer to this UI before I can play without swearing at it ;)

The new UI also needs a button rather than the user guessing to hit Escape to reach the options and log out button. And options to make a lot of the teeny stuff bigger for those with poor eyesight, or anyone who doesn't want to have to squint at teeny icons. The slots around the paperdoll are teeny, as are the item slots in the grid view inventory. Fortunately the legacy inventory seemed a better scale. I have good eyes and a nice big monitor with the game window maximised. But those elements are still tiny even with the UI scale at 1 and I'd appreciate being able to just drag things out to a larger size as required.

Wenchy

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried EC to see the new stuff, was very confusing. Where is setting and logout now, can't find it. Goes back to good old CC
This took me a while to find - User Settings and Logout icons are under the Other menu of the Actions icon - from there you can drag them onto a hot bar

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
They was hidden well :)
I can see there are a lot nice stuff in there. Maybe it only was messed because I had a EC profile, I hope they have made a new player set up with the most important actions on a hotbar

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree - User Settings and Logout should be on the default hotbar

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can also just hit escape to bring up the menu like every other PC game with a menu ever.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If the escape key is functional. On some of my characters, the paperdoll wouldn't open, the escape key brought up nothing, and I had to find the logout key through the actions menu. Those were the profiles that had to be deleted and recreated. Hopefully that wouldn't be an issue for a new player creating a new character, which I suppose was what the game designers were thinking.