• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 86.3 on TC1

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ocllo is not associated with any virtue, and yet there we were. I thought it was an odd choice of location for a stress test. But it is a very compact little town.

I was surprised to find that the system appears to be a "last guild/alliance standing" competition, more than a good team vs evil team as the name seems to imply. On further reflection though, I think this allows a guild that wants to worry about whether they are good or evil to make that determination for themselves and create their own fictional back stories, etc.

I was not at all surprised to relearn that:

A hastily put together necro mage without macros or potions is no match for an archer-mage wingman team.

Going in solo, on a whim, is inadvisable.

All in all, the system seems very fast paced, just as advertised. That's good. It looks to have a pretty robust reward system that I have not played with at all yet. And it looks like something that I and, I hope, several friends will be interested in pursuing on a live server. I think that the teams who did factions, and stayed together, will have a decided advantage at the outset, unless they are just overwhelmed by numbers.

@Kyronix
Ocllo was chosen instead of Magincia because of the housing situation in Magincia. Your further reflection is exactly the thinking of how "Vice" and "Virtue" will work - a guild can do with it what they please.