• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 84 to Origin and Izumo

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Oct 16 21:55 GMT
During maintenance tomorrow morning October 17, 2013 Origin will get Publish 84, tomorrow afternoon during Izumo's normal maintenance cycle they will also get Publish 84.

Continue reading...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the invasion needs to be tested, so far I did not see any problems with them.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry! Way to soon to go to prodo shards. Why even bother putting anything on TC, just publish it to all shards.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be a problem with the master bard npc.
His peace song does not ware off even when he changes to discord or other spell,music.
Even retargeting him you just stand there, nee to walk off screen and wait a minute or so.
The master mage can 3 shot you , even if in 70 plus resist armor and 120 resist skill.
Energy blast or Flame tower takes a good chunk of p from you.

You need let this stay on few more days , or expect server down time for patch fixes.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have a feeling this more "forced" co-op, not saying it should be soloable but it a really long fight for a chance at something you need alot of to turn for what you want. after killing alot of these things i havent seen one drop yet, i understand luck plays a factor, but if your modeling it after treasures of tokuno, that was not this difficult and was more fun,plus you got a drop based more on a timer it seems.

Last edited:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Origin is that quasi test-shard before the production shards...

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the invasion needs to be tested, so far I did not see any problems with them.
We have seen one that we can't replicate easily - several people fighting the Yew Trammel invasion, Fey spawn type, just after killing a general got guard whacked!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
During maintenance tomorrow morning October 17, 2013 Origin will get Publish 84, tomorrow afternoon during Izumo's normal maintenance cycle they will also get Publish 84.

Continue reading...
Entirely too quick.
Is there a way to replicate minors
Is there a way to exploit their turn in for all, or any item.
Is there any of the 100 new items that causes character bugs for any reason
Are all sigils / mobs in all towns working correctly (attackable, relation to pets, all spells against them working as intended)

Im not a dev just a player so there are probably like 20 other question that should be out there.

PLEASE Test new content thoroughly or do not publish it at all.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs

Continue reading...
points need to be slightly adjusted id say. at this time the Lieutenant Sash stats, Con Garb stats, and Crimson cincture stats are the only ones worth gettting.
The newbie mage armor should be really low, as well as quiver of infinity.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Let's see...
Publish 79 had 3 fixes published, one after it went live,
Publish 80 had 3 hot fixes and updates after it went live
Publish 81 took over 3 months to test and release, with 3 bug fixes and patches after it went live
Publish 82 was the simple Kings Collection publish with testing only over the weekend before it went live. Everyone said it was fine because there was nothing to test, only to find out there were other "fixes" included like the change to targeting and healing. Remember that one? No testing needed. OH - don't forget that months later people were still having trouble buying the Kings Collection from Origin.

I am glad that you haven't found any problems, but there was a reason that Origin and Izumo shards were added - to provide an extra week of debugging before going live to all shards. One week on TC, one week on Origin/Izumo before going live.

Is rushing this worth the risk of major bugs getting through unnoticed?

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be a problem with the master bard npc.
His peace song does not ware off even when he changes to discord or other spell,music.
Even retargeting him you just stand there, nee to walk off screen and wait a minute or so.
The master mage can 3 shot you , even if in 70 plus resist armor and 120 resist skill.
Energy blast or Flame tower takes a good chunk of p from you.

You need let this stay on few more days , or expect server down time for patch fixes.
The archer had a similar issue (or at least did the first day) in that one in Fel Yew went to red outside the guard area and was then doing zero damage to me. I got it down to 60% fairly quickly when it then teleported back to it's starting place and at that point it went into overdrive and was 2-shot killing me in all 70 armor with 131 hp. I was using chiv/bush/swords.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have seen one that we can't replicate easily - several people fighting the Yew Trammel invasion, Fey spawn type, just after killing a general got guard whacked!

Did you report it ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see...
Publish 79 had 3 fixes published, one after it went live,
Publish 80 had 3 hot fixes and updates after it went live
Publish 81 took over 3 months to test and release, with 3 bug fixes and patches after it went live
Publish 82 was the simple Kings Collection publish with testing only over the weekend before it went live. Everyone said it was fine because there was nothing to test, only to find out there were other "fixes" included like the change to targeting and healing. Remember that one? No testing needed. OH - don't forget that months later people were still having trouble buying the Kings Collection from Origin.

I am glad that you haven't found any problems, but there was a reason that Origin and Izumo shards were added - to provide an extra week of debugging before going live to all shards. One week on TC, one week on Origin/Izumo before going live.

Is rushing this worth the risk of major bugs getting through unnoticed?

Origin and Izumo are test shards. And not everyone is interested to go to TC because it don't and give the right reflection from whats on a real shard.

Did you do some testing and did you report any of the bugs? Or are you only here like some of you are here for and thats to complain?

What has the Origin store and codes to do with a publish?

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What part of Origin and Izumo are also test shard don't you understand?
The part where they typically publish to all shards within a few days of Origin / Izumo.... I dont think Ive ever seen them leave a publish on Origin / Izumo more than a few days before going live to all shards..

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The part where they typically publish to all shards within a few days of Origin / Izumo.... I dont think Ive ever seen them leave a publish on Origin / Izumo more than a few days before going live to all shards..
There were at least a couple publishes not long ago that they let it sit on Origin/Izumo for at least a week. I know there was one that was on there even longer, too. But yes, it is usually a sign that it is almost ready for all shards. From the looks of it though, it looks clean enough as is. Nothing will ever be bug free anyways.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, this IS a Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game after all. Not everything is going to be prance around all alone time.
not so massively anymore

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Compared to a single player game it sure is.
right,with a single player game you will get the drop because its in the mechanics. this is a grind for a possibilty.as i stated before im not saying it should be easy or soloable, but with most shards having low population and the time it takes to run the course of maybe getting a drop so you can turn it in multiple times for an item you really want with an event thats most likely not permanent is discouraging. id love to go to atl if i didnt lag so much, team play is fine if theres a team too play with.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Origin and Izumo are test shards. And not everyone is interested to go to TC because it don't and give the right reflection from whats on a real shard.

Did you do some testing and did you report any of the bugs? Or are you only here like some of you are here for and thats to complain?

What has the Origin store and codes to do with a publish?
Origin and Izumo were specifically created to give those people who play that a week of extra testing time before patches went live, and to catch critical bugs early.
Tested the new patch, yes, but haven't found any bugs that weren't already mentioned, in the short time I had last night.

What does the Origin store have to do with a publish that puts out new content that people were even able to buy because they didn't properly tests the new purchases? That is a strange statement. The Origin store and new purchasable items were the point of that patch. EA/Mythic lost a lot of money because people weren't able to buy items from the new patch.

I think the developers are creating wonderful content in the past year, but for some reason it is being pushed to production shards in a very hasty manner. I don't see what's so hard to understand or why you take exception to my post. My point being that critical bugs are getting through because testing wasn't thorough enough.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Origin and Izumo were specifically created to give those people who play that a week of extra testing time before patches went live, and to catch critical bugs early.
Tested the new patch, yes, but haven't found any bugs that weren't already mentioned, in the short time I had last night.

What does the Origin store have to do with a publish that puts out new content that people were even able to buy because they didn't properly tests the new purchases? That is a strange statement. The Origin store and new purchasable items were the point of that patch. EA/Mythic lost a lot of money because people weren't able to buy items from the new patch.

I think the developers are creating wonderful content in the past year, but for some reason it is being pushed to production shards in a very hasty manner. I don't see what's so hard to understand or why you take exception to my post. My point being that critical bugs are getting through because testing wasn't thorough enough.
I still don't see what a publish and ptach got to the with the Origin Store. One is a game and one is a website. Apples and oranges if you ask me.

And where is this new publish on the normal shards? You must be in a different game.

You know, some of you starting to sound like a old broken record....Complain,Complain,Complain....

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
... You know, some of you starting to sound like a old broken record....Complain,Complain,Complain....
You misunderstand. I am not complaining about the content, I am complaining about the rush to publish before adequate testing.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was there a Satyr involved by chance?

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
right,with a single player game you will get the drop because its in the mechanics. this is a grind for a possibilty.as i stated before im not saying it should be easy or soloable, but with most shards having low population and the time it takes to run the course of maybe getting a drop so you can turn it in multiple times for an item you really want with an event thats most likely not permanent is discouraging. id love to go to atl if i didnt lag so much, team play is fine if theres a team too play with.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the invasion on my home shard, but it will be difficult to get a group of more than 2 or 3 people together, especially if you don't play at prime time. The good news is that the new artifacts are a permanent addition to the game with some other way to get them in the future.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I can say is after testing this out on my Mystic/Mage/Tamer over on Origins is...... those bards are untouchable. Can't get near them or my pet is dead and so am I.... could not make my pet harm them as it was "constantly" peaced.... could not get my pet away from it as my pet was sooo at peace he wouldn't move.... anytime one of them came past my pet my pet was completely immovable for about 3 min... and being peaced myself constantly I could not cast anything to help my pet. I could not sleep it.... could not stop it in any way.... and found that it was pretty much impossible to deal with.

So in future will avoid all bards like the plague.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yet player bards can't discord them lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tried mage,mystic,warrior,sampire,tamer,ninja. I can work past being discorded,but the peaceing makes it's a deadend street.I also tried kyronix tactic of shooting them with cannons,works until you get pulled to shore and one hit killed

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very likely, it certainly was a Fey type 'invasion' group..... it's hard to be certain as so much was going on at once, which is why the bug report was rather vague - and not one we can replicate since it may need the exact same invasion creature types doing whatever they did the first time round.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After playing on Origin all day, I will also ask that you PLEASE tone down the bards. Origin is a slow shard to begin with, and you have more activity here because of the new content and whatnot. It's taking a LOOOOng time to clear an invaded city, and it comes to a halt when all that is left is bards to kill. I'm thinking it will be near impossible to clear the towns on Origin once the pub hits the other shards.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was 2-3 of us on test today trying different tactics,all that's left is captains, cleaning them out is definitely gonna be hard,especially when they all Rubberband back to an area with all of them in it

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After playing on Origin all day, I will also ask that you PLEASE tone down the bards. Origin is a slow shard to begin with, and you have more activity here because of the new content and whatnot. It's taking a LOOOOng time to clear an invaded city, and it comes to a halt when all that is left is bards to kill. I'm thinking it will be near impossible to clear the towns on Origin once the pub hits the other shards.
I have a Necro Mage, a bad Sampire, and a Chiv dexxer. Any suggestions? ;P

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Large group...... ONLY suggestion for clearing out the Bard..... As a Tamer I kept having to go offscreen away from it to invis until I was uncalmed and undiscorded or I couldn't even control my Dragon ....... if I tried it quickly lost loyalty ...... So I would go offscreen invis come back heal my dragon...... tell it to kill again...... leave........ come back ...... now if I had been alone the dragon would have been dead way before I could come back..... and wasn't doing enough damage to make a difference.... So IMO Bards are still WAY overpowered.

It continually spams the Discord..... and continually spams calm.... in an area effect. Making any template relatively useless instantly..... I barely had a chance once or twice to cast an offensive spell on it that was with 6 or more other people fighting it.

My biggest fear was in losing my Dragon. Still say I will continue to avoid any bard like the plague.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had a wierd thing happen when a Satyr rolled in. There was a group of about 4 or 5 of us fighting the Captain and all of a sudden, this Satyr and his crew roll thru chasing someone and we all got Peace'd and dropped. It was like evil Paragon Satyr rolled in. lol

Last edited: