• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 84 TC1 Patch Notes

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Tina, I'd forgotten that. I have to say that some of the things I hoped, back in March, to have achieved by October, I haven't quite managed either.

I think people don't at times understand the difference between hope and promise. And while I disagree with the decision, it makes me understand why they are reluctant to announce much they are working on in the future. (I also would like to believe it was my thread a while ago where I pointed out how possible it was started the discussions to get it done. ;) )

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so errrr, how come the guards still work?

I think I know what you mean. Is that when a fencer captain summons mirror images? If it's trapped in bagballs, NPCs call guards, who zap the mirror images (for being aggressive) but not the captain. If the captain is roaming free, guards don't seem to come for the mirror images, though that might just be proximity to the NPCs. I haven't encountered enough fencing captains to do a proper test.

Just think, someone in the future might declare, "I don't remember trapping monsters ever being legal!"

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think I know what you mean. Is that when a fencer captain summons mirror images? If it's trapped in bagballs, NPCs call guards, who zap the mirror images (for being aggressive) but not the captain. If the captain is roaming free, guards don't seem to come for the mirror images, though that might just be proximity to the NPCs. I haven't encountered enough fencing captains to do a proper test.

Just think, someone in the future might declare, "I don't remember trapping monsters ever being legal!"
It's a proximity thing..... and I haven't mentioned it because..... well I like that guards whack the mirror images. Saves me a few arrows.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about the minax arties?
Void pool would be a good place to drop these minax arties in the future. The more waves and far you reach in the void pool, the more chance the minax arties would drop, could be like 2% chance to drop for each 10 waves, so basically, if someone would reach waves number 200, one arty would certainly drop each wave after that.

Example:
Waves number 1-10 = 0% chance for minax arty
Waves 11-20 = 2% chance that one would drop in these aves.
waves number 101-110, there will be 50% chance to drop an arty.
Waves 201-210 + = 100% chance for an arty to drop each wave.

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone explain these scenarios?

1. I recalled into a town that is being invaded. I ran by a macer that was being attacked by approx 5 different players., which was low on health. I hit the macer once for 15 damage. I then decided it would be best to go attack a different captain as I highly doubted I would be able to get a minor artie off the macer. I get 2 screens away, a minor artie appears in my pack. I run back to where the macer was, and it was dead.

2. I was attacking a captain with 1 other player in my party. The other player was a bard, running both provo songs - inspire and invigorate. The bard did 0 damage to the captain. Captain dies, bard gets the artie from passive healing through the songs.

3. Whilst attacking a captain with several other people I received TWO arties when the captain died. There were no other captains I had previously hit that were still living.

4. I will frequently be attacking captains with my guild mates and when it dies two arties were given out.

We increased the chance of getting Invasion minors by half over Treasures of Tokuno minors. You also have two opportunities to get guaranteed minor artifacts: by killing Captains (a guaranteed drop to a random "top attacker") and destroying the Lighthouse (a guaranteed drop to all "top attackers")
If there's information that's being withheld this is all fine and dandy :) I don't expect the devs to give out every bit of information, some things are meant to be discovered by players. However scenario #1 is clearly unacceptable and it really happened. With that in mind, I've also been in several situations where I've tanked a captain solo from 100% to 20% and someone runs up spams WoD on it and gets the artie. If I did 80% damage, even 70%, how can I not get the drop?

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've gotten arties from killing basic creatures in the spawn,I.e. orc mage,imp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten arties from killing basic creatures in the spawn,I.e. orc mage,imp

Yes, those are supposed to drop. Those are the possible chances. I'm posting in reference to the guaranteed drops.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone explain these scenarios?

1. I recalled into a town that is being invaded. I ran by a macer that was being attacked by approx 5 different players., which was low on health. I hit the macer once for 15 damage. I then decided it would be best to go attack a different captain as I highly doubted I would be able to get a minor artie off the macer. I get 2 screens away, a minor artie appears in my pack. I run back to where the macer was, and it was dead.

2. I was attacking a captain with 1 other player in my party. The other player was a bard, running both provo songs - inspire and invigorate. The bard did 0 damage to the captain. Captain dies, bard gets the artie from passive healing through the songs.

3. Whilst attacking a captain with several other people I received TWO arties when the captain died. There were no other captains I had previously hit that were still living.

4. I will frequently be attacking captains with my guild mates and when it dies two arties were given out.

If there's information that's being withheld this is all fine and dandy :) I don't expect the devs to give out every bit of information, some things are meant to be discovered by players. However scenario #1 is clearly unacceptable and it really happened. With that in mind, I've also been in several situations where I've tanked a captain solo from 100% to 20% and someone runs up spams WoD on it and gets the artie. If I did 80% damage, even 70%, how can I not get the drop?

I've seen captains occasionally give two drops to two characters, and today I had a character get two drops from the same captain (and like you there were no other captains alive that I'd hit). One drop must come from having looting rights, and the second from the "guaranteed" drop that Kyronix has mentioned. That explains your first example, though I'm puzzled how one hit can get looting rights. It only encourages more lamers to come in with WoD. I'm also puzzled how my character who got a drop just 2 or 3 captains before can be guaranteed another. Maybe the math is off.

two.png

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder also if there is a cap on garaunteed drops,we had a large group finishing off the beacon,but some of didn't get drops,even though we hit it at every stage of destruction.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder also if there is a cap on garaunteed drops,we had a large group finishing off the beacon,but some of didn't get drops,even though we hit it at every stage of destruction.

I've also experienced this. The only explanation I could think of is that when there are extremely large groups of people attacking the beacon, it is vulnerable for a shorter period of time because of the amount of damage being done. The shorter time vulnerable means less damage per person. My only guess is that some people are not getting enough damage in those vulnerable periods because it simply isn't vulnerable long enough for them to get their damage in.

So, with this in mind, there is a cap. If you split the total HP of the beacon, divide it by the minimum amount of damage required to get a guaranteed drop, this will equal the maximum amount of people that could possibly get a drop.

Beacon HP / Minimum Damage to get Drop = Maximum Amount of Drops

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beacon HP / Minimum Damage to get Drop = Maximum Amount of Drops

HOWEVER

My guild mate has been doing experiments... This equation does not count for healers. Someone that just heals people attacking the beacon, can also get a drop.

Conclusion: There is a cap for people doing damage, there is no cap for people healing.

I'd imagine it'd be quite easy for a tamer to get rights by having his/her pet attack the beacon while healing people/pets.

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( It took me a while to get ten. I really wanted a painting from Blackthorn, or at least with his crest on it.

All it says is " a painting". Arg!!!!!!!! Plus it is TINY! So any art lovers beware. The art is not fun.

Also I thought there are 2 different paintings on the menu. I chose the top one and it looks like the one below it. Are there two?

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see the fallen arties from the beacon has been fixed... Exciting...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Were those who didn't get a drop mages or were using energy weapons?
Every time I see mages casting e-bolts on it or people using 100% energy weapons I yell at them to cast fireball or change their weapon because the beacon has 100% energy resistance.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Curious. At first I thought I was insta-killed by a lot of spawn, but it was a guard-whacking for doing wither. Later I saw "a human corpse" on the ground, meaning there was a blue non-invul NPC in the middle of spawn that could be affected. This was in Trammel.