• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 84 TC1 Patch Notes

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only 96 more to go.:coco:

And how long did it take to you get those 4?:stretcher:
Note I said in just this one invasion. It took less than an hour to get those four. Five once you count the one from the beacon. I'm currently sitting at 23. (24 counting the one I'm keeping)

Sure, you can sit at the beacon and wait for ONE artifact, or you can suck it up, get out there and fight, and possibly earn more than you'd be getting twiddling your thumbs between vulnerable states. Have a hard time reaching the beacon in time to attack it? Mark a rune nearby as I suggested before. I've yet to miss a drop from the beacon while out fighting and actually definding the cities.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event is cool, I just think it's stupid to have an event based solely on having a thrower to actual do anything worth a damn..my 4.5 GD literally does 3-5 damage to the macer...u serious? They have only 10-15k hit points but still to try and kill one with 4 GD still takes 30min...tweak it so it's playable for all templates, I don't want to "solo" it or even get free artifacts but Jesus I'd like to be able to kill one by myself in less than a freaking hour without having to make a thrower

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try other pets? I was getting 24 damage on a macer with a dread mare. Besides, GD take up too much screen space. Taking my bane dragon out next.
I can barely keep my GD alive with 1088 HP..nm a dread or beetle/mare combo..continual heals with 178 mana 100 med and 21 mr..

But I'll try tonight, unfortunately they aren't rated as high..2.8-3.3

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix

For some reason, I'm not getting any messages about the beacon in New Magincia. Either in Trammel or Felucca. Everywhere else seems fine, but there, I get nothing.

Edit: I just stood at the beacon in New Magincia in Felucca, WATCHED the spawn around it appear, and then attacked the beacon until it became invulernable again without either the *A sound roars in the distance...Minax's Beacon is vulnerable to attack!!* or *Minax's Beacon surges with energy into an invulnerable state! Defeat her Captains to weaken the Beacon's defenses!* messages appearing.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix

For some reason, I'm not getting any messages about the beacon in New Magincia. Either in Trammel or Felucca. Everywhere else seems fine, but there, I get nothing.
That's odd. Should work the same way in all invaded cities. If you can submit more details via a bug report, particularly where you were when the beacon changed state and where you didn't get the message...although that might be hard to tell if you don't get a message to begin with...if you do that we can look into it.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's odd. Should work the same way in all invaded cities. If you can submit more details via a bug report, particularly where you were when the beacon changed state and where you didn't get the message...although that might be hard to tell if you don't get a message to begin with...if you do that we can look into it.
I edited my previous post with some info, but I'll fill out a bug report when I get a chance. :)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I sent a report. Also, I had someone else ask his guild, as I saw a few members there. About five of them claimed to have not gotten messages, though some others I spoke to by the beacon said they received them.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I've gotten four artifacts off killing the minions/captains in just this one invasion I'm working now, and I've managed to attack the beacon both times it's been vulnerable. If you have a mage, mark a rune near the beacons for a quick recall to its location.
I'm not a mage (so I can't get back in time in big cities) and there are 20+ players so I can't get 4 artifacts from captains.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I think the setup has some serious flaws (lack of barding + real high resists being one) this is one grind I don't really mind... PARTIALLY.

I really like the idea of giving people type options for these items and if it's going to be a permanent turn in with a permanent source they theres no need for a rush to get these items.

That said I understand why people are unsatisfied and why people feel they need to grind it out now... because there is no other "goal" in this event, at least not that I know of. Defending the towns or not defending them... I don't think the outcome will differ, and defending the towns if the only thing you can potentially get out of it are items you would have to grind for dozens of hours to attain, gets old quick.

So the unhappy feelings make sense to me. I just think they should have had some other event specific carrot to keep the fighting going, and the minax crest turn in as just a bonus you can also work toward.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This event had me rather excited to come back and play the old game as I have been gone for the last 6 months(I still pay so I can complain all I want) or so but the grind is not any better than the other grinds which drove me away. I can understand that the team doesn't want to give items away but really who cares if this was the case? I could see this system being very well used for those whom want to suit up a char but taking 100 hard to get points to get one useful item which could take a month or more will just annoy people.

This event was a great idea but the desire to make the rewards hard to get as a attempt to make the event fun or challenging it a fatal mistake. These are sought after items that would promote gameplay but I can foresee that in a month the dev team will be luck to have a handful of people doing this on all the shards combined.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This event had me rather excited to come back and play the old game as I have been gone for the last 6 months(I still pay so I can complain all I want) or so but the grind is not any better than the other grinds which drove me away. I can understand that the team doesn't want to give items away but really who cares if this was the case? I could see this system being very well used for those whom want to suit up a char but taking 100 hard to get points to get one useful item which could take a month or more will just annoy people.

This event was a great idea but the desire to make the rewards hard to get as a attempt to make the event fun or challenging it a fatal mistake. These are sought after items that would promote gameplay but I can foresee that in a month the dev team will be luck to have a handful of people doing this on all the shards combined.
I agree. They just need to rescale the points required to turn in for each object to something reasonable. Even for the original Halloween quest for the Conjurer's Garb it was 50 crystals and you could get them much easier and quicker in the original event. The comparison of time to earn a Conjurer's Garb then to now is not equal.

Last edited:

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I agree. They just need to rescale the points required to turn in for each object to something reasonable.
I agree but that's not going far enough.

The Captains need to drop 3 artifacts to "random" top attackers instead of 1. If you help kill 50 Captains by god your deserving of a friggin' reward.

Right now you have to solo 100 Captains or help destroy 100 lighthouses to get a drop.

It's the most absurd grind in the history of UO.

Like someone else mentioned on another thread. Don't make the game fun...make it a full time job requirement.:rolleyes:

Absolutely terrible.

I have multiple characters on multiple shards I'd would have like to have gotten items for had the terms of the event been reasonable.

Something that could and should be fun has turned into a "you have to be effin' kidding me event"!:thumbdown:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

The Captains need to drop 3 artifacts to "random" top attackers instead of 1. If you help kill 50 Captains by god your deserving of a friggin' reward.

Right now you have to solo 100 Captains or help destroy 100 lighthouses to get a drop.

Like someone else mentioned on another thread. Don't make the game fun...make it a full time job requirement.:rolleyes:

Absolutely terrible.

I have multiple characters on multiple shards I'd would have like to have gotten items for had the terms of the event been reasonable.

Something that could and should be fun has turned into a "you have to be effin' kidding me event"!:thumbdown:
Well I personally don't think it is that bad. I played for 2 hr last night and got 4 drops. I plan to work it more tonight and see how it goes. Multiple drops from each captain would be nice if there are a large number if attackers.

Reactions: hen

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It shouldn't be this hard to obtain cosmetically different versions of current items just for a different look imo.

Also it seems like the elves only version of the glasses that normally have Night Eyes have that property missing. Now normally that would make sense if the game was working right, but since the Night Sight bug still exists for elves it's just kinda mean...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lower end stuff (like quiver of infinity and cloak of silence) should be less, like 10 - 25maybe. The Garb should be like 200.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Well, to be fair the drop is not bad. How many hours do you need farm to get a garb with luck? I think it would take 100+ hours (may be less on Atlantic where you can sell ingredients/resources). This event allows you to get it much faster.

The idea is good in general but there are details that make it worse.

1. Prices
For a player who haven't much gold it's difficult to force himself to spend points for other items. Because it is probably possible to trade one garb (new appearance) for all others put together (all appearance).
- increase price for garb to 150
- decrease price for crimson/LT sash to 75
- may be add garb without luck for 75
- halve all other prices

2. Drop
Drop is ok. When there are a lot of attackers a captain dies in a few minutes. The problem is beacons die very fast as well. You can't come back in time to damage it. Now all players want to be near the beacon and nobody wants to explore remote areas of the city.
- automatically add all players from captain lists to the beacon list so if you killed at least one captain you always get one artifact when the beacon is destroyed
This also allows to divide the city - each group defend one distinct of the city instead of stupid running there and back.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Well that was disappointing. I played for two hours tonight. I got one minax artie. :(

The drop rate is too low.
Just camp near beacon and you get 4 artifacts for 4 beacons in two hours. lol.
There are two groups of people: one does the work (defend city, kill captains) and other gets prises (damage beacon).
The problem is .... the second group becomes too small compared to the first group....

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event is cool, I just think it's stupid to have an event based solely on having a thrower to actual do anything worth a damn..my 4.5 GD literally does 3-5 damage to the macer...u serious? They have only 10-15k hit points but still to try and kill one with 4 GD still takes 30min...tweak it so it's playable for all templates, I don't want to "solo" it or even get free artifacts but Jesus I'd like to be able to kill one by myself in less than a freaking hour without having to make a thrower

Especially without discord its really AI or it takes forever. Chain AI at range is going to beat everything every time, but when you can't even soften um up it really makes other tactics seem sort of futile.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Absolutely terrible.

I would hardly call this the "most absurd grind in the history of UO" (ever train taming from 40?). Now, I assume you are also exaggerating but trying to make your point. But even in a superlative world, this event has not been nearly as bad as you make it sound. Soloing 100 captains and helping destroy 100 lighthouses would result in ~200 drops, not 1. Exaggeration is one thing - this is something different.

My Notes thus far..
.:. I have played for ~8 hours over the past 2 nights. Got 2 drops in 2 hours Tuesday. 9 drops in 6 hours Wednesday. 3 from LHs, 8 from captains, and seemingly 0 from minions (either I am due or one's accumulation is reset when rewarded from captain/LH?).

.:. It is not quite as easy to camp the lighthouse as most say. When the LH is vulnerable (and it is 2+ times per city invasion), a large set of minions spawns immediately beside the LH. While the LH can be attacked at this point, the crowd generally has to fight through the insta-spawn first. The multiple allotted times to attack the LH also provide more than 1 opportunity to qualify for a drop. On Chessy last night, some people were even gating to the LH when it was vulnerable.

.:. The biggest problem I have right now, is knowing where the damned lighthouses are. I missed out on a LH drop last night because I couldn't figure out where it was in 'Glow (I heard up by docks, but I didn't look long enough, I guess). An invasion lasts a while, too, so for anyone who says they can get 4 lighthouses in 2 hours must not be playing the same ones I am. On Chessy, with decent sized groups, it takes multiple hours to finish one city invasion.

.:. The drop rate could certainly be improved - esp. on minions. The LH system works fine (it's like the "guaranteed" one, and honestly, I'm not complaining, even if there are pseudo-campers), the captains are ok (I kind of think they double-secretly increased the drops to 2 per cpt, or else I had really good luck last night), but the minion drops are terrible (so very very terrible). It needs to more approach (slightly) the ToT system. ToT rate was much more frequent, so not quite that fast, but better than what we have now.

.:. Not being able to disco/peace/provo stinks royally. However, (based on a very small sample size, mind you) it seemed that I was able to disco the LH spawn at times last night. Something to monitor going forward.

.:. For the future of this Minax turn in business - I think it's a great idea. My only concern is that if they keep the captain system, it's going to lose favor, because they are very hard to solo. And once this event goes away, how often will big groups be hunting to collect turn-ins? There are enough empty battle grounds already, so I hope the system for getting turn-ins in the future doesn't come down to "who can solo a captain". Because then it's the people that already have the items the system is used to get.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.:. For the future of this Minax turn in business - I think it's a great idea. My only concern is that if they keep the captain system, it's going to lose favor, because they are very hard to solo. And once this event goes away, how often will big groups be hunting to collect turn-ins? There are enough empty battle grounds already, so I hope the system for getting turn-ins in the future doesn't come down to "who can solo a captain". Because then it's the people that already have the items the system is used to get.
I was talking with my friend about this yesterday. Maybe they could add it into dungeon doom. Each room in Doom contains the mobs, once these have been defeated a captain would then spawn where the dark fathers appear.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was talking with my friend about this yesterday. Maybe they could add it into dungeon doom. Each room in Doom contains the mobs, once these have been defeated a captain would then spawn where the dark fathers appear.
Not a bad idea! They could place a permanent turn-in guy there and also allow for the Doom artifacts to be included in the turn-in gump. This could include variations of Doom artifacts. Good stuff, DJAd.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a bad idea! They could place a permanent turn-in guy there and also allow for the Doom artifacts to be included in the turn-in gump. This could include variations of Doom artifacts. Good stuff, DJAd.
I don't know how they would implement the points system though. As the good items are 100 points, I don't want to have to do 100 runs to get enough points for the Blackthorns items!

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would hardly call this the "most absurd grind in the history of UO" (ever train taming from 40?). Now, I assume you are also exaggerating but trying to make your point. But even in a superlative world, this event has not been nearly as bad as you make it sound. Soloing 100 captains and helping destroy 100 lighthouses would result in ~200 drops, not 1. Exaggeration is one thing - this is something different.

Hence the word or. There is no exaggerating you need 100 points which you can get by killing 100 captains solo or camping 100 lighthouses. Taming is not a grind as you can log in every other day and get your GGS. It's a breeze but that's OT.

Here's another thing with that happens when you attack these Captains:

Miss,Miss, Miss,Miss, Miss,Miss, Hit, Miss,Miss, Miss,Miss, Hit, Miss, Miss,Miss,Miss,Miss. 20 minutes later and 1000 arrows to fell one. And when you do hit (without AI) your doing 10-20 points damage. Times this by 100. Zzzzzzzzzz....

These Captains are on Steroids and what I would call "Cheap". They have static resists. You can't corpse skin them. The only thing that does moderate damage to them is AI and criticals. Then they suck you in.

My Sampire who I've soloed Meraktus and Ilhenir with was getting his head handed to him with a full-time Healer! You can't deal out enough damage and sustain mana and your forced to joust the captains because of the insane DCI and HCI they have. If you can't AI your in for a world of hurt doing 10-20 points of damage. A sampire can't survive on that kind of damage output.

All of you who think it's a good time and are having fun I wish you the best. Enjoy it. I have no desire to partake in what I think is a crock of **** event.

They've made some of the hardest monsters to kill (defensively) with the most absurd rewards list in the history of UO.

Best option is camp characters on Atlantic Lighthouses being that they have the most players to plow through the invasion and destroy the lighthouse in a relatively quick fashion. I bet Atlantic players will get more points via lighthouses than all other shards combined.

Last edited:

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You did say "or", and I now realize you meant 1 major artifact, and not 1 minor. So apologies for those misunderstandings.

I also do not enjoy the grind aspect of [everything in?] UO, but I'll take this event 1,000 times over trying to train taming again. GGS is a grind spread out a minute at a time, over months and months. Compare that to this event, and I'll take my chances with the invasions.

The point of the invasions, reward-speaking, is to obtain items already obtainable. Those items, outside of this event, require grinding at quite difficult tasks outside of this event. Whether it's soloing SA bosses, or otherwise. I have had far better luck, thusfar, in the invasion than I ever have trying to solo peerless bosses.

The captains are rough, agreed. The Macers, while lacking area affect, hit very hard. Would not want to try that w/o a greater dragon to tank (with a couple healers on it, to boot). Still, I have not found them more difficult than a peerless boss. Others may certainly disagree. (Edited agree to disagree here.)

And the lighthouse drop thing can be annoying that some people will sit there and get their 1. But you know what? Even missing out on a LH last night, I got far more drops working the captains than I did from LHs. So let them sit there and get there 1 drop every 1-3 hours. Maybe in the long run, it will saturate the market of mArties and rewards? And it's nice that even I can get a guaranteed drop from LH. Attack once, and then back to the captains!

Sorry you will not be participating anymore Veritas. Not all events/battles/stories/skills/etc. are for everyone (I, for one, have never figured out how to properly play pure spellcasters, and choose to let those idle on my account). The minion drops are too infrequent, sure, and the campers are annoying (but not any more so than anyone at an EM event solely for an "uber rare", or people who wait for DFs to pop, or PKers who wait for a Fel spawn champ boss to be low on health, or, or, or, or...). I have found good success at the event, and see it as a great way for me to get an item (probably just 1) outside of other means.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most absurd grind? Evidently you didn't skill up when the game first came out. There were some skills that took MONTHS to get from 99.9 to 100.0.....only to have it lose a .1 later.....

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been around since Rainz killed Lord British via Fire Field.

Nothing compares to this garbage event.

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree.

My first GM was inscription. Back when full spell books actually sold for something. I spent 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week (the other 2 days were spent mining) working on inscription. Then there was poisoning... and taming... taming as absurd to GM.

There will be the next grind, that is absolutely the worst EVAR! Given the impassioned cry of the moment, without really taking a step back to compare it to the past.

Right now, these drop rates seem low, and that there isn't enough, ect... but just like with the imbuing ingredients, there will come a saturation point with these. Hopefully, it won't be as quick or as overwhelming as with the imbuing stuff.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There will be the next grind, that is absolutely the worst EVAR! Given the impassioned cry of the moment, without really taking a step back to compare it to the past.

I thought last summer's healer quest was bad with the rewards given for all that work. This time we can spend enough time grinding to get what we want, but with all the quick deaths, having to lure and re-lure only to have another spawn on top of us, is it worth it? I'm about ready to just buy items for gold as they become available.

When city invasions are over, where are these invasions going to be? Out in the woods? Are players actually going to bother, or will lighthouses become the next Covetous void pool?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could understand the drop rates being higher if these items were going to be removed after a month....But its all meant to be a permanent addition to the game (Not the invasions, the items).

MMO players sometimes just don't get it. The faster you get your items, the less you want to do it over and over. The faster items are to get, the less and less they are worth which impacts ALOT of the participation.

Look at Exodus, the items drop like candy. It was active for awhile there, but now look at it. Even on Atlantic I hardly ever see anyone getting a group together for it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the beacons in the same place for the city? If so, you could get a rune book with recall charges that would allow anyone to get to the beacon.

I like the idea of having the prices reduced for some items.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could understand the drop rates being higher if these items were going to be removed after a month....But its all meant to be a permanent addition to the game (Not the invasions, the items).

MMO players sometimes just don't get it. The faster you get your items, the less you want to do it over and over. The faster items are to get, the less and less they are worth which impacts ALOT of the participation.

Look at Exodus, the items drop like candy. It was active for awhile there, but now look at it. Even on Atlantic I hardly ever see anyone getting a group together for it.

I still haven't tried Exodus.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Bear with me here.....only been back for a month or so...........the cornucopia. This was a quest item from a few years ago. Currently, is there a way to get them? The quest giver in Moonglow is not active. When the giant turkeys spawn for example, the cornucopia will be a rare drop?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Building a new suit. 15 damage eater, 30 kinetic eater, 55dci, some regens, 45lmc, Plate.
Bushido Swords, 50hla 50hld 50stamleech 100manaleech 50di bladed staff (only need 20 ssi on suit)
I dropped necro in favor of healing. more precise and vamp emrace wasnt healing enough reliably.

I think its gonna be a breeze once this calms down and isnt a mob scene.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bear with me here.....only been back for a month or so...........the cornucopia. This was a quest item from a few years ago. Currently, is there a way to get them? The quest giver in Moonglow is not active. When the giant turkeys spawn for example, the cornucopia will be a rare drop?
Turkeys are not spawning this year (thank the virtues they really screwed up champ spawns) the "Horn of plenty" (looks like a cornacopia) was a holiday reward last year. they might be a reward again this year, but currently only way is if your character still has them, or you buy one.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Turkeys are not spawning this year (thank the virtues they really screwed up champ spawns) the "Horn of plenty" (looks like a cornacopia) was a holiday reward last year. they might be a reward again this year, but currently only way is if your character still has them, or you buy one.
Thank you for the help.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Building a new suit. 15 damage eater, 30 kinetic eater, 55dci, some regens, 45lmc, Plate.
Bushido Swords, 50hla 50hld 50stamleech 100manaleech 50di bladed staff (only need 20 ssi on suit)
I dropped necro in favor of healing. more precise and vamp emrace wasnt healing enough reliably.

I think its gonna be a breeze once this calms down and isnt a mob scene.
True that. Things will balance and level out as we go.
People seem to be routinely dismissing an individual or groups ability to learn and improve.
As if getting 0 drops in the first week means it will suck forever.

xxrod17xx

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone complaining about this in the thread, especially the sampires (I play one and it is by far my favorite character to play) should have taken the time out on test to figure these things out. I made a thrower in the week they gave me to prepare. I am struggling a bit to get drops, I have 30 so far. It's tough as nails killing some of those things, but I love that I already met a few cool people that I meet up with to defend whichever town that day.

I love the idea that the bosses drop more items per death, on my shard we just roll around in a big mob and take out one at a time...this will give tamers less of an advantage and even out the laying field a bit in terms of drop rate.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, Kyronix and any other dev member that sees this... that color of the Minax arties is impossible or near impossible for a colorblind person (like me) to see in a backpack.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Easiest for me was open insurance menu,at least you'll know what you got and can insure it for later

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only option for enough drop rate is to solo the guys in an free spott when most guys sleeping, what takes 3-5 eo"s/9-15 minutes for every grantet drop (i can do on all bosses white the only exeption for the barding pancake on my archer).

So near complete solo in 12h on 3 days now on 30 points :)

Solo Event ore no drop event thats the point here !!

Thats the point what ea want ?? playing solo online ore no reality drops/points ?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Something isn't working for me. This is all on Atlantic. On day one I got 4 minax arties. On day two I got 1. Today I have ZERO. I am puzzled and frustrated. I am doing something seriously wrong with my tactics. I am using a thrower. What are you doing to get drops??? I'm starting to get frustrated with no success... and this is supposed to be fun. :(

Last edited:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something isn't working for me. This is all on Atlantic. On day one I got 4 minax arties. On day two I got 1. Today I have ZERO. I am puzzled and frustrated. I am doing something seriously wrong with my tactics. I am using a thrower. What are you doing to get drops??? I'm starting to get frustrated with no success... and this is supposed to be fun. :(
I'm using a necro mage weaver with 0 luck.

I have slayer books for the spawn.
For captains I stand as far back as I can and fireball, e-bolt and WoD.
I try get to the beacons every time they are vulnerable.

After 3 days I've got 54 drops, some from the lesser spawn, some from captains and from the beacons.