• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81 Updated on TC1

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but we're also going to have to allow a bit of common sense to be exercised in the process.
Common sense is relative :). You want a lighthouse in vesper. So you get yourself elected gov or petition the elected official of vesper (provided the gov elect hasn't pissed you off at some point in game and you feel comfortable dealing with them) to build a lighthouse and it is approved. What then?

1. Does the shard EM just build some non functional hodge podge in the sea outside of Vesper that resembles a lighthouse? Another non-functional structure that offers little benefit than forcing sailors to avoid it, maybe stopping to stare at it a while wondering what the heck it is doing there? Take this times all cities in all shards and our EM's now do little more than build stuff and we can't move 1 screen without bumping into some purely ornate structure. If not a result for everyone elected then why bother spending years in politics yielding no result. Our constituents will not be pleased.

2. Is dev time spent building a lighthouse, researching a proper non blocking placement area away from server lines and using vesper themed materials to build a structure that feels like it should be there?

3. Will dev time be spent to offer a bonus to the structure that would allow for a "common sense" use? A light house means fewer shipwrecks right? Maybe then fishers in a 100 tile radius benefit from a much lower percentage of catching footwear. Do we still fish up MIBs (if any) around the lighthouse? Immersion breaking logic always vexed me in game... Like elf items with nightsight, 100% poison damage poison elemental slayers, or the npc citizen revolt event arc, (especially in New Magencia), where half the NPC citizens were in duress over no food to feed their family and the other half propositioned me with a job. "Hey buddy! Care to earn some extra gold?"

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two methods of refining armor:
  • Reinforced - Increase max individual resist while lowering max defense chance increase by two.
  • Deflecting - Decrease max individual resist while increasing max defense chance increase by two.

Refinement Component Levels:
  • Invulnerability - Applies four modifications with a chance to apply five modifications.
  • Fortification - Applies three modifications with a chance to apply four modifications.
  • Hardening - Applies two modifications with a chance to apply three modifications.
  • Protection - Applies one modification with a chance to apply two modifications.
  • Defense - Applies one modification.
OK.. can someone explain this a bit further? It appears to me that you basically have the ability increase your DCI CAP or your RESIST CAP at the cost of effecting the other. It looks to be

-1 MAX Resist = +2% DCI Cap
PR
+2% DCI Cap = +1 MAX Resist.

What I don't really understand is the 5 various Refinement levels (Invuln - Defense) If you use Invulnerability do you have a chance at Decreasing Max Resist by 6 points & thus increasing your MAX DCI by 3 %?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK.. can someone explain this a bit further? It appears to me that you basically have the ability increase your DCI CAP or your RESIST CAP at the cost of effecting the other. It looks to be

-1 MAX Resist = +2% DCI Cap
PR
+2% DCI Cap = +1 MAX Resist.

What I don't really understand is the 5 various Refinement levels (Invuln - Defense) If you use Invulnerability do you have a chance at Decreasing Max Resist by 6 points & thus increasing your MAX DCI by 3 %?
If you use a plating, thread, or resin that is at the Invulnerability level, you can add 1% or subtract 1% from the resist caps for 4 resists, with a slight chance that you may be able to affect all 5 resist caps. There is a gump that lets you specify the order in which the resist caps are affected, in case not all 5 resist caps end up being affected. If you use a lower-quality plating, thread, or resin, you will affect fewer resist caps and you also have the ability to specify in which order the resist caps are affected (or not).

Edited to add: Here are some screen shots from applying Washed Thread of Invulnerability to a hide tunic. Note that there was a 15% chance that it all 5 resist caps would be affected. (I do NOT know why the modification to the DCI cap only came out as 6%...I expected 10%. I got the same result using Cured Thread of Invulnerability, in that it only subtracted 6% from the DCI cap.) However, there was an 85% chance that only 4 would have been affected instead and because of the order I specified (fire, poison, physical, cold, energy), that the energy resist cap would have ended up being unaffected.

Note: The weight of flasks and thread on TC seems to have increased again so that each one weighs one stone. So be careful to not get yourself overweighted. With the wacky DCI results and the weird weight on flasks and threads, I'm wondering if something has gotten botched with the publish to TC....

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, something's off....

The effect on DCI isn't coming out as it should, depending on the number of resists that are affected. (I haven't been able to get pieces with only 3 or 2 affected resist caps yet. Will post if I get them.)

weird dci results.jpg more weird dci cap results.jpg

Also, I got Invulnerability-level plating from a Fortification-level component and the same with a Hardening-level component. A Protection-level component made a Fortification-level plating. (A Defense-level component did make a Defense-level plating.)

And the flask and thread weights are back to one stone each.

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh no this publish is going to take quite some time still to reach production shards, isn't it...

I'm not playing just because I need to redo my suit (made before reforging, dungeon revamp loot, all that good stuff) and I want to wait til the new publish hits so I don't have to worry knowing that I could have made it better if I waited just a while longer.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh no this publish is going to take quite some time still to reach production shards, isn't it...

I'm not playing just because I need to redo my suit (made before reforging, dungeon revamp loot, all that good stuff) and I want to wait til the new publish hits so I don't have to worry knowing that I could have made it better if I waited just a while longer.
I hear ya

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been using pretty much the same suit for a while now. The only thing I have reforged is the weapons (and that was to get elemental damage).

I have no intention of redoing a suit just because of this patch (granted, I am already rocking 2 plate sampire suits).

I might make a couple of specialized suits. Rocking max resist, dropping resist that aren't needed and getting as much DCI as possible... combine that with 120 parry.

Also thinking of running max DCI suits on most of my characters, once I have to remake their suits in a couple of years. ;)

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, something's off....

The effect on DCI isn't coming out as it should, depending on the number of resists that are affected. (I haven't been able to get pieces with only 3 or 2 affected resist caps yet. Will post if I get them.)

View attachment 13665 View attachment 13666

Also, I got Invulnerability-level plating from a Fortification-level component and the same with a Hardening-level component. A Protection-level component made a Fortification-level plating. (A Defense-level component did make a Defense-level plating.)

And the flask and thread weights are back to one stone each.
:gee: I made an additional change this weekend which caused this issue. The dci to resist ratio will be changing to 1:1 instead of 2:1 which will be in the updated notes. For now the dci cap on TC is 75 dci but will be corrected to 70 dci.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:gee: I made an additional change this weekend which caused this issue. The dci to resist ratio will be changing to 1:1 instead of 2:1 which will be in the updated notes. For now the dci cap on TC is 75 dci but will be corrected to 70 dci.
Okay, but the math's not right. A 6% DCI cap modification for 5 modified resists? A 5% DCI cap modification for 4 modified resists? A 4% DCI cap modification for 3 modified resists? A 2% DCI cap modification for 1 modified resist? Not 1:1. It's more like 1:1 and add 1.

Can you clarify if there will still be 7 levels of components or not? I'm seeing some really strange results from making the plating:

Invulnerability-level component made Invulnerability -level plating. (Expected result.)
Fortification-level component made Invulnerability-level plating. (Not expected.)
Hardening-level component made Invulnerability-level plating. (Not expected.)
Protection-level component made Fortification-level plating. (Not expected.)
Guarding-level component made Hardening-level plating. (Not expected.)
Shielding-level component made Protection-level plating. (Not expected.)
Defense-level component made Defense-level plating. (Expected result.)

It's very confusing set up this way...7 levels of components yield 5 levels of plating, thread or resin. Why not just COMPLETELY get rid of the extra 2 levels of components, especially because none of this stuff stacks??

Also, the flask and braid weights are back to one stone each.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another note for Kyronix and Bleak. Since it appears we're into the "casting votes" period, it would probably be less confusing for players if the City Stone ballot stopped showing the options to "Nominate Yourself for the Ballot" and "View List of Current Nominees" and only showed the "View List of Current Candidates" option.

The listing of candidates also doesn't seem to show guild names. Note: The one character I've tested that with didn't have a guild until a few minutes ago, a day or two after she was nominated and endorsed. I will check later to see if her guild info gets picked up by the stone gump, as it would make sense that there might be some kind of a delay for it to kick in.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another note for Kyronix and Bleak. Since it appears we're into the "casting votes" period, it would probably be less confusing for players if the City Stone ballot stopped showing the options to "Nominate Yourself for the Ballot" and "View List of Current Nominees" and only showed the "View List of Current Candidates" option.

The listing of candidates also doesn't seem to show guild names. Note: The one character I've tested that with didn't have a guild until a few minutes ago, a day or two after she was nominated and endorsed. I will check later to see if her guild info gets picked up by the stone gump, as it would make sense that there might be some kind of a delay for it to kick in.
The guild is recorded at the time of your nomination, if you don't have one then, nothing will display. Removing those options is a lot more trouble then its worth unfortunately.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guild is recorded at the time of your nomination, if you don't have one then, nothing will display. Removing those options is a lot more trouble then its worth unfortunately.
Okay, good to know.

Also, just wanted to let you know I tested something "sneaky." I voted for the one endorsed candidate in Skara Brae (who was at 0%). That bumped him to 100% of the votes. Then I had the character that voted there renounce her citizenship. Then I immediately logged onto another character on the same account who was not a citizen of any city and took her to Skara Brae. She declared her citizenship for Skara Brae, bounced through the blue gate a few times just for fun, and then tried to vote in the election. She got the message, "This account has already cast a vote in this election. You may only vote once." The vote I previously cast on the 1st character seems to still be in effect, as Sir Luther has 100% of the votes at this time (he's also the only endorsed candidate) .

That was the result I was hoping for! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK Tina Thx for the info! I think I'm finally wrapping my head around this stuff. I saw Kyronix's comment about how it's going to be a 1:1 Resist : DCI Ratio which Means to increase your MAX DCI Cap from 45 to 70% You'd need to Refine pieces for a total of -25 Max Resists correct? The part where the various levels of refinements comes in is HOW you go about achieving that -25% Max Resists. If you did Defense you'd theoretically only get -1 MAX resist / + 1 Max DCI on pieces so with 5 pieces of armor you could drop one resist down to a MAX of 65 and increase your DCI CAP by 5 from 45 --> 50 DCI. To raise your DCI cap any more you'd have to start using the higher level of Refinements. Hmm... now that I think about it is the LOWEST you can make your MAX Resist 65% ?? I see that you can choose the order that the refinements modify your resists, but a single MAX resist can only be lowered -1% per Armor piece correct? Which in that case means to get to MAX DCI of 70 that -25 MAX resists would effectively have to be spread out over ALL your resists meaning 65 phys, fire, cold, poison, energy correcT?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK Tina Thx for the info! I think I'm finally wrapping my head around this stuff. I saw Kyronix's comment about how it's going to be a 1:1 Resist : DCI Ratio which Means to increase your MAX DCI Cap from 45 to 70% You'd need to Refine pieces for a total of -25 Max Resists correct? The part where the various levels of refinements comes in is HOW you go about achieving that -25% Max Resists. If you did Defense you'd theoretically only get -1 MAX resist / + 1 Max DCI on pieces so with 5 pieces of armor you could drop one resist down to a MAX of 65 and increase your DCI CAP by 5 from 45 --> 50 DCI. To raise your DCI cap any more you'd have to start using the higher level of Refinements. Hmm... now that I think about it is the LOWEST you can make your MAX Resist 65% ?? I see that you can choose the order that the refinements modify your resists, but a single MAX resist can only be lowered -1% per Armor piece correct? Which in that case means to get to MAX DCI of 70 that -25 MAX resists would effectively have to be spread out over ALL your resists meaning 65 phys, fire, cold, poison, energy correcT?
Exactly correct. to be 70dci you would need to be 65/65/65/65/65. To be 75/75/75/75/75, you then end up at 20dci. Seems like a decent balance, used in certain ways of course.

For instance, if i had a tamer in a max luck suit, with absolutely 0 block/defense capability, i'd probably just refine their suit to 75/75/75/75/75. then if you went for 70dci, you take a hit in resists so you might block more for certain, but when you did get hit it would hurt more.

I doubt you'll see anyone run less than 45 dci in pvp, but you may see some people setup at like 70/70/65/65/65 and go for 60dci for instance. But of course, a few ebolts, hail storms, etc might change their mind o.0

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... now that I think about it is the LOWEST you can make your MAX Resist 65% ?? I see that you can choose the order that the refinements modify your resists, but a single MAX resist can only be lowered -1% per Armor piece correct? Which in that case means to get to MAX DCI of 70 that -25 MAX resists would effectively have to be spread out over ALL your resists meaning 65 phys, fire, cold, poison, energy correcT?
Unlike some of the other stuff in this publish, there's nothing that says that only the first x pieces of refined armor are counted. So, I'm thinking that if your character could wear 6 pieces of nonmeddable armor (not quite sure how you'd do 6 pieces of nonmeddable armor on a gargoyle, but I haven't thought about it for very long because I don't use them much), you should be able to take 1% of a single resist on all six pieces of armor. That would reduce the cap for that resist to 64% (or 69% in the case of energy if the character is an elf).

So maybe if your character is an elf, you'd want to go with a 69% cap in energy (that's 6%), 64% cap in cold (6%), 64% cap in poison (6%), 66% cap in physical (4%) and 67% cap in fire (3%). (66/67/64/64/69) Or something like that. That would raise your DCI cap by 25%.

So you might want to do the refinement process with Invulnerability-level plating, thread, or resin on 4 pieces of armor and cross your fingers that the bonus kicks in and all five resists have their cap affected on those pieces (20%). Then do one piece with either Invulnerability-level plating /thread/resin and hope that only four resists to be affected or use Fortification-level plating/thread/resin and hope the bonus kicks in and you get four affected resists instead of three (4%). Then do the last piece with Defense-level plating/thread/resin and select the one resist that still needs to have its cap modified (1%).

You can refine a piece of armor multiple times and it just overwrites what you did previously. So if you don't get the number of modified resist caps that you want when using the Invulnerability, Fortification, Hardening, or Protection-level plating/thread/resin, you just keep trying again (assuming you have enough to work with!). The big unknowns at this point are how frequently the refinement components drop /spawn for the particular type of armor you want to use and with the level quality you might need. I've poked around some of the shops in Fel to see what's spawning there, but haven't done anything to see how frequently they spawn in treasure or MIB chests, on pirate and merchant ships, or on champion spawn bosses. I also don't know if "champion spawn bosses" includes the renowned creatures that spawn when you finish an Abyss mini-champ spawn.

Last edited:

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cetric or tina, you might know what ill ask about. Is there so much diff in damage taken with 70% and 65% in resists? I dont think so, but a 70 dci is a bit unbalanced when you compare the benefits of both sides. At least it seems to me, the practical use difference for 75% resists or 70 dci is not equals.
For example i have on mind all those sampire templates, i dont think it will hurt so much having 65% in all resist with 70 dci, or having 70/70/65/65/70 (elf char) and 60 dci.
At first i see that having so many resists ( in a tamer template for example that you dont need dci ) arent so good as having so much dci in a sampire template.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cetric or tina, you might know what ill ask about. Is there so much diff in damage taken with 70% and 65% in resists? I dont think so, but a 70 dci is a bit unbalanced when you compare the benefits of both sides. At least it seems to me, the practical use difference for 75% resists or 70 dci is not equals.
For example i have on mind all those sampire templates, i dont think it will hurt so much having 65% in all resist with 70 dci, or having 70/70/65/65/70 (elf char) and 60 dci.
At first i see that having so many resists ( in a tamer template for example that you dont need dci ) arent so good as having so much dci in a sampire template.
What do you think?
Eesh....I hope Cetric can help you! LOL The best I can do is point you to this calculator on Stratics, tell you to play with it (notice you can swap out creatures in the box at the top too) and hope that it's relatively up-to-date: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/damage.php . There may be another similar calculator for PvP somewhere too.

Last edited:

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used that calculator, but it seems to be broken because i set the numbers with a greater dragon and all 70s and it says it will hit me for 7-10 damage and thats isnt true hehehe.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you think?
the difference between 70 and 65 is fairly significant, especially across the board. Fairly easy to test if you wanted. Just hope on test center, max out your sdi. flamestrike yourself with 70fire, then do it again with 65.

heck even try this, do the damage at 60 (70cap when cursed) then do it at 55 (65 cap when cursed) You should start seeing big differences.

Long story short tho, you will see damage differences. In pvm though, it might be a reaosnable trade off. When you get hit, you are hit for more, but you block more melee attacks. I'd probably be inclined to run my sampire at 70/70/65/65/70 on an elf, just as you did, with 60dci. In Fact-i think i have my suit figured out already to do just that lol.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some issues that are presented with trying to extend voting mechanics into Felucca. This combined with the fact that Siege doesn't have the rebuilt Castle Blackthorn prevent us from putting the elections on Siege.
Now this realy sucks! Excluding us from new content....again!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Any chance you could give us some more information on how this dimishing returns work for stamina?

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heck even try this, do the damage at 60 (70cap when cursed) then do it at 55 (65 cap when cursed) You should start seeing big differences.
Just clarifying, curse now reduces resists -10 from your cap.

I agree with this but also think they need to scale the effect with Magic Resist. -10 at 0, -5 at 120. Otherwise curse really does become overpowered.

-Lore's Player

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I agree with this but also think they need to scale the effect with Magic Resist. -10 at 0, -5 at 120. Otherwise curse really does become overpowered.

-Lore's Player
Curse has always done -10 from cap, why would they adjust resisting spells to counter it? The overpowered part about curse is its ability to drop resists and stats.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Lore's Player
Hmmmm thats good to know. Id honestly forgotten that an elf character with 75 energy resist curses down to 65 (that is how it currently works in pub 80 right?....been ages since I played my elf) I was just contemplating the best use for refinements in PvP and had already decided 70/65/65/65/65 would be worth it for the added DCI cap 45 up to 65%. That was all based on the assumption that ANY good mage would just curse me down to 60. If curse drops you to -10 MAX resist well.....at 55% resist BAD things happen. I hate dieing so suddenly you have to check your journal in an attempt to understand what happened. Also...I assume corpse skin functions the same? Meaning its simply -15 fire/poi to whatever those sum totals on your suit are and that it doesnt have anything to do with caps. Im thinking all 70s with 45% dci will have to be the way to go. I can deal with dexxers hitting too much via disarm or parry or maybe even HLA but having LOW resists vs a mage would suck more imo...

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you use refinements? From my understanding you are hurting yourself either way go.

If I add DCI I lose out on good resist.

If I bump my resist up then I get slaughtered by dexers.

Seems like the only logical thing to do is to well just leave refinements alone.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you use refinements? From my understanding you are hurting yourself either way go.

If I add DCI I lose out on good resist.

If I bump my resist up then I get slaughtered by dexers.

Seems like the only logical thing to do is to well just leave refinements alone.
The best use I can think of is if you are going to make a pure grinder suit for a back line healer. Throw some extra resists on to protect from the AOE's and not have to worry too much about dexers.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best use I can think of is if you are going to make a pure grinder suit for a back line healer. Throw some extra resists on to protect from the AOE's and not have to worry too much about dexers.
Yea thats not a bad idea.n I could honestly see myself trying out 65% poison resist ............Actually lol NO. I was thinking necros & maybe smart dexxers w/ 100% poison weps but was forgetting about DP spam via both mages & dexxers. YEA for PvP i dont think ill use any refinements atm. Im thinking in terms of focused mages though so perhaps another template maybe.

StonewallGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in another thread already, but it seemed to jump out to me when reading the publish notes.

Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is not subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.
What about gargoyles? Unless I'm forgetting something - the only options for a gargoyle's head and neck slots are jewelry (glasses/earrings and necklace). Therefore there are only 4 slots where they can equip armor to get the stam and lmc benefits.

Likewise, do gargoyles only have 4 armor slots that can use refinements?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about higher resist and damage eaters.... it seems to me just as an initial thought those would work well together.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well for starters any mage getting hitnis being interupted which is both offense and defense. Also eaters dont regen until youve not taken dmg for three seconds so its possible to just get slaughtered and never have your eater actually heal you. Think of eaters as similar to hp regen and NOT like a swamp dragon...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That I get. But, would the increase in resistance (ie- less damage taken per hit) plus the regen from the damage eater be worth it.

That is... would it be less damage over time.... just trying to think a little outside the box to see if things are worth it other than making specific suits for specific things (all energy resist, lower rest for UEVs; all physical/fire lower others for dragon hunting/taming for example).

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That I get. But, would the increase in resistance (ie- less damage taken per hit) plus the regen from the damage eater be worth it.

That is... would it be less damage over time.... just trying to think a little outside the box to see if things are worth it other than making specific suits for specific things (all energy resist, lower rest for UEVs; all physical/fire lower others for dragon hunting/taming for example).
Well imo No all 75s would not be worth it. It would be a lot easier than trying to kill someone on stoneform. 75 max resist still curses down to 65 resist & you've probably mage dumped a guy who you didnt see apple before & that guy would be 70 resist not 65%. Also keep in mind that for all 75 max resist your dropping your DCI cap by -25 effectively down to 20 max DCI. A 45%HCI warrior will hit 20 DCI 60% of the time & 64% of the time while under HLD effect. Heck..75 resist dont matter vs Armor Ignore / DS / Dismount / Mortal all those specs where dmg isnt the point.......

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some issues that are presented with trying to extend voting mechanics into Felucca. This combined with the fact that Siege doesn't have the rebuilt Castle Blackthorn prevent us from putting the elections on Siege.
So we miss out on another fairly large addition. Swell. :/

Do we get some kind of neutered access to the content like we did with despise, or should we just know better for playing the shard that time forgot?

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can you refine 6 pieces of a suit, or just 5 and the 6th doesnt count?

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so if we take 2% defense then add 4 resist then divide a cap of 70 after we combine all the stuff in the bucket of water that has gum on the side by the hole that "bleak" peeks in.....we will then have a kick azz suit?

Last edited:

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the difference between 70 and 65 is fairly significant, especially across the board. Fairly easy to test if you wanted. Just hope on test center, max out your sdi. flamestrike yourself with 70fire, then do it again with 65.

Long story short tho, you will see damage differences. In pvm though, it might be a reaosnable trade off. When you get hit, you are hit for more, but you block more melee attacks. I'd probably be inclined to run my sampire at 70/70/65/65/70 on an elf, just as you did, with 60dci. In Fact-i think i have my suit figured out already to do just that lol.
How about posting the spread sheet for that latter mentioned suit. *Wink*

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so if we take 2% defense then add 4 resist then divide a cap of 70 after we combine all the stuff in the bucket of water that has gum on the side by the hole that "bleak" peeks in.....we will then have a kick azz suit?
LoL no Kick Azz suits for you until I stop to listen to your Ghost yabbering in Gen Chat about how you died at which point you peak at my paperdoll and see how I made my suit....

= P

My only problem is that thinking outside the box only gets you so far these days when just buying stuff outside the box works just as well. The only solution is to just "think up" cash & then I can magically both design it & build it!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you refine 6 pieces of a suit, or just 5 and the 6th doesnt count?
I just made two metal 6-piece armor suits now on Test Center. On one suit, every resist on all 6 pieces had -1% from the resist cap, for a total of -6% on each resist (if all the reductions were counted) and +6% Max Defense Chance Increase on each of the 6 pieces. On the other suit, every resist on all 6 pieces had +1% added to the resist cap, for a total of +6% on each resist. (if all the additions were counted) and -6% Max Defense Chance Increase on each of the 6 pieces.

The character's DCI cap while stark naked was 45.

However, on the status bar for the first suit when worn by an elf, the resist caps for the first suit came out as 65/65/65/65/70, with a DCI cap of 75. (If all of the resist modifications on this suit were taken into account, I would have expected the final result for the resist caps to be 64/64/64/64/64/69.)

Same elf wearing the second suit showed on her status bar resist caps of 75/75/75/75/80, with a DCI cap of 9. (If all of the resist modifications on this suit were taken into account, I would have expected the final result for the resist caps to be 76/76/76/76/81.)

6 piece maxed out metal suits.jpg

Hopefully Bleak or Kyronix can explain the priority order used for taking into account the refinement modifications (i.e., are some pieces completely ignored for everything on them that affects resist caps and DCI cap, or are they partially taken into account if a cutoff hasn't been reached yet?) and reconfirm that the DCI cap is going to be 70 and not 75. They also need to explain more about that 1:1 relationship between the DCI cap numbers and the number of resist caps that are modified on a piece. I'm not seeng a 1:1 relationship at this point....

Last edited:

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we miss out on another fairly large addition. Swell. :/

Do we get some kind of neutered access to the content like we did with despise, or should we just know better for playing the shard that time forgot?
Despise revamp won't work in Fel. City governors won't work in Fel. That's major content we're not getting from two of the last four publishes. That's a MAJOR disappointment to say the least. And what's going to be next on the list of exclusions?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The character's DCI cap while stark naked was 45.
Same elf wearing the second suit showed on her status bar resist caps of 75/75/75/75/80, with a DCI cap of 9. (If all of the resist modifications on this suit were taken into account, I would have expected the final result for the resist caps to be 76/76/76/76/81.)
Seems it uses all six pieces for calculating DCI penalty.
45-6*6=9

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curse has always done -10 from cap, why would they adjust resisting spells to counter it? The overpowered part about curse is its ability to drop resists and stats.
What also makes it overpowered is its low casting time and its long duration.
No reason in the world you should have 120 resisting spells and still have to keep eating apples just to try and keep your stats up

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently planned suits for killing energy vortices (elven sampire):

Suit 1:

Head: +1 energy cap, -1 DCI cap
Gorget: +1 energy cap, -1 DCI cap
Chest: +1 energy cap, -1 DCI cap
Legs: +1 energy cap, -1 DCI cap
Arms: +1 energy cap, -1 DCI cap
Gloves: -1 physical, -1 fire, -1 cold, -1 poison cap, +4 DCI cap

Result: 80 energy resist, 69 all other resists, 44 DCI

Suit 2:

Head: +4 DCI cap, -1 physical/fire/cold/poison
Gorget: +4 DCI cap, -1 physical/fire/cold/poison
Chest: +4 DCI cap, -1 physical/fire/cold/poison
Legs: +4 DCI cap, -1 physical/fire/cold/poison
Arms: +4 DCI cap, -1 physical/fire/cold/poison
Gloves: +4 DCI cap, -1 physical/fire/cold/poison

Result: 75 energy resist, 64 all other resists, 69 DCI

Wondering what is most effective, when I have time I'll head over to test to try it out. I still think refinements are highly unbalanced though, as it is so easy to get game-breaking bonuses at no real cost, especially in PVM where you can pick what damage type you want to fight against.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Suit 1:

Suit 2:

Here's a shot at your first suit, not paying any attention to anything but the resist and DCI caps and using unmeddable armor.. It looks like the calculations for the resist and DCI caps ARE looking at all 6 pieces of armor. I will give the other suit a shot in a bit. I suspect it will end up with 75 energy cap and 65 cap in the other resists.

suit 1 for unbound EVs.jpg suit 1 for unbound EVs individual pieces.jpg

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a tip for if you're messing around on Test with some of the refinement components and seem to become overweighted. (Picking up large piles of braid and then using it especially seems to cause this problem.) Remove everything you possibly can from your backpack so you get to the point where you are not overweighted. Recall somewhere else and that should get rid of the phantom weight.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a shot at your first suit, not paying any attention to anything but the resist and DCI caps and using unmeddable armor.. It looks like the calculations for the resist and DCI caps ARE looking at all 6 pieces of armor. I will give the other suit a shot in a bit. I suspect it will end up with 75 energy cap and 65 cap in the other resists.

View attachment 13688
So I thought Refinements are SUPPOSED to only count a max of 5 pieces of armor ?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Suit 1:

Suit 2:

Here's a shot at your Suit #2, again only paying any attention to the fact that every piece of armor in the suit is nonmeddable and looking at resist and DCI caps.

As I expected after last night's testing, only the first -5% on the resist caps seems to be acknowledged, so your affected resists only drop to 65% (not 64%). The +4% DCI on all 6 pieces seems to have been taken into account. (It looks like Bleak has fixed something so there is now a 1:1 relationship between the number of modified resist caps and the effect on the DCI cap, e.g., if you modify 4 resist caps the DCI cap gets a -4% or +4% adjustment.)

suit 2 for unbound EVs.jpg suit 2 for unbound EVs individual pieces.jpg

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I consider the confusion over Refinement to be a telling sign.

And continue to think that the reduction of Stamina damage is enough of an incentive to wear heavier armors, even without nerfing Stamina Leach and Divine Fury.

-Galen's player