• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Producer Update

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Aug 21 18:40 GMT
Good afternoon everyone,

We will be having an extended maintenance tomorrow on Oceania to preform some required maintenance. This should only extend the maintenance time by an hour.

We are also looking to start Advisor training on TC1 so please be kind to them when you see them. We are also looking to publish phase 2 of Vice and Virtue which includes the removal of Factions. We have fixed the crash issue related to the traders quest.

We are changing the boat decay back to the normal 14 day decay rate, starting tonight with Japan's regular maintanence cycle, all other shards will get this during their normal maintenance cycle.

Please be aware that if you try to do a character transfer from a Japanese shard to a US shard during this time you will not be able to due to the fact they will be out of sync. Please hold off till all shards have received this update tomorrow.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is all well and good. What about people like my sister that lost the Britannia ship we paid for from the UO/Origin Store? I guess we have to cough up another 17.95...forget it. Lighthouse is a joke because it is broken.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is all well and good. What about people like my sister that lost the Britannia ship we paid for from the UO/Origin Store? I guess we have to cough up another 17.95...forget it. Lighthouse is a joke because it is broken.
7. Limitation of Liability.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS SECTION LIMITS Electronic Arts' LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Electronic Arts PARTIES SHALL NOT ASSUME OR HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTION BY THE Electronic Arts PARTIES, OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, OTHER MEMBERS OR OTHER LICENSORS WITH RESPECT TO CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR THE SOFTWARE. THE Electronic Arts PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICE. Electronic Arts PARTIES' ENTIRE LIABILITY TO YOU AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY, OR FOR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED SOLELY TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE CD AND THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO Electronic Arts FOR THE SERVICE.

I'd say given the Terms of Service... she's out of luck

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7. Limitation of Liability.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS SECTION LIMITS Electronic Arts' LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Electronic Arts PARTIES SHALL NOT ASSUME OR HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTION BY THE Electronic Arts PARTIES, OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, OTHER MEMBERS OR OTHER LICENSORS WITH RESPECT TO CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR THE SOFTWARE. THE Electronic Arts PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICE. Electronic Arts PARTIES' ENTIRE LIABILITY TO YOU AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY, OR FOR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED SOLELY TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE CD AND THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO Electronic Arts FOR THE SERVICE.

I'd say given the Terms of Service... she's out of luck
I'd say you are probably right, and at this juncture I just don't care.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too strongly encourage VvV to be split from the other content and published sometime in the future.

Assuming any remaining niggling issues with the trade orders and the global loot update are resolved, I'd suggest publishing them sooner rather than later.

Letting one long-gestating system hold back other, unrelated systems will only help it to garner more detractors.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I appreciate the update!

Thanks!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see anything in here to label bad. I find the VvV system an intriguing concept. I'm not sold on the scrapping of factions, but there it is. The news about helpers being trained is great news indeed!

Sorry for folks experiencing technical difficulties. I have been there. Take a break if needed. Come back when it can be fun, but hang on to the accounts, you will want them later. ;-)

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Aug 21 18:40 GMT
............We are changing the boat decay back to the normal 14 day decay rate, starting tonight with Japan's regular maintanence cycle, all other shards will get this during their normal maintenance cycle.................
I can finally restart my fishing quests, Thanks!

.......niggling......
This word goes onto my "All - Time Favorite Word that Obliterates Other Words" list! Thanks!

adjective
petty; trivial; inconsequential:
to quibble about a niggling difference in terminology.
demanding too much care, attention, time, etc.:
niggling chores about the house.

Sorry for folks experiencing technical difficulties. I have been there. Take a break if needed. Come back when it can be fun, but hang on to the accounts, you will want them later. ;-)
I like your attitude!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so, with the death of Factions are we gonna have a funeral or something?
maybe a grave side love in?
a stone put up in the forest in fel or something?
ya know, for those of us that put in years upon years upon years doing it.
just saying....

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Place a memorial in a big open field that can fit at least a tower or keep

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yep. Can't say I know anyone that cares about VvV even slightly.
I did not like Faction, but I do care for VvV and it looks as it will work with the alliance system. I'm not happy about the whole guild have to switch it on, I would love it to work more like a PvP switch, so each guildmember could turn it on and off for their char.
I hope the VvV items won't be on Siege, or can be gained from monster loot with same afford of time and can be used of all also non VvV.
I do not like the use of towns as battleground and special not the turn off of the guards.
I do not like, that it on normal shards only will work in Felucca. Like guild wars, it should work on all facets.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
just saying....
A stone saying RIP will do, I won't miss the damage it did to the town community on Siege and the way it did split guilds.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The britich ship can be traded, it do not have to be placed of the account that buy it, mine was a gift from a guildmember

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just saying....
Trade in item, surcoat with the markings "I was a True Brit for years and all I got...." Make four of them with appropriate markings for each faction and have them be the color that matches the primary for that faction.

Also make one more, sigil color doublet, "I thieved sigils for years, and all I got was this crummy tee shirt."

You could make one reg shirt that is marked "punkte"

Put sigil pedistles in as a trade in deco item, also in color appropriate to each of the four factions. I'd put eight of those on my roof top. :)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My name is Kelmo. I play on a shard where PvP can breakout anywhere. It is kinda important to me. Nice to meet you.
As do I (well, kind of), but I'm far more interested in the global loot system. VvV, I have no opinion on. If it works and gets people to come to Fel, fine by me.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am somewhat concerned that the galleon decay fix may not be working properly on all shards.

As I mentioned in another post a few days ago, I have 11 galleons in the water currently and have been trying to carefully note when I refresh them. I've also been trying to let them decay a little bit longer over the last couple of days just to see what is going on with the decaying. The shards where I have galleons in the water are Arirang, Atlantic, Baja, Balhae, Europa, Great Lakes, Hokuto, Izumo, Mizuho, Origin, and Sonoma.

I was disappointed this morning to find out that 3 of the 8 galleons were already in the somewhat worn stage after 38 or fewer hours. The rest were fine (just "slightly worn") after similar durations of decaying, i.e., approximately 36-38 hours. However, on these 3 shards decay seems to have continued at the same accelerated rate. The other possibility, I suppose, is that these galleons were already in the somewhat worn stage when these shards received the new publish and the publish didn't refresh them.

In any event, here are my notes for these 3 particular shards. I hope this might be useful information for Bleak or Misk to do some checking to make sure that things are actually working as they should with regard to galleon decay on all shards.

BAJA
Refreshed at 9:33 pm MT on 8/20/2014.
Checked at 11:33 am MT on 8/22/2014 and already at "somewhat worn" stage after only 38 hours.

ORIGIN
Refreshed at 10:32 pm MT on 8/20/2014.
Checked at 11:49 am MT on 8/22/2014 and already at "somewhat worn" stage after only 37.25 hours.

SONOMA
Refreshed at 10:36 pm MT on 8/20/2014.
Checked at 11:51 am MT on 8/22/2014 and already at "somewhat worn" stage after only 37.25 hours.

I will continue to monitor these galleons and try to let them decay for at least 36 hours between refreshing them. Maybe a few more people could help with this at well. And if you do have galleons in the water at this point, please don't assume the publish automatically re-started the decay process. I kind of doubt that it did and if your galleon was already more decayed than it should have been, you could be in danger of losing it if you don't log in and refresh it soon.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Trade in item, surcoat with the markings "I was a True Brit for years and all I got...." Make four of them with appropriate markings for each faction and have them be the color that matches the primary for that faction.

Also make one more, sigil color doublet, "I thieved sigils for years, and all I got was this crummy tee shirt."

You could make one reg shirt that is marked "punkte"

Put sigil pedistles in as a trade in deco item, also in color appropriate to each of the four factions. I'd put eight of those on my roof top. :)
they should add a sigil stone steal-able sigil to the clean up rewards.
that way my thief can steal a sigil from the roof of my house and run around a bit in the house then place it again.
he's old and i fear he will miss running sigils, you know what they say, once you retire you run the risk of dieing due to inactivity.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I am somewhat concerned that the galleon decay fix may not be working properly on all shards.

As I mentioned in another post a few days ago, I have 11 galleons in the water currently and have been trying to carefully note when I refresh them. I've also been trying to let them decay a little bit longer over the last couple of days just to see what is going on with the decaying. The shards where I have galleons in the water are Arirang, Atlantic, Baja, Balhae, Europa, Great Lakes, Hokuto, Izumo, Mizuho, Origin, and Sonoma.

I was disappointed this morning to find out that 3 of the 8 galleons were already in the somewhat worn stage after 38 or fewer hours. The rest were fine (just "slightly worn") after similar durations of decaying, i.e., approximately 36-38 hours. However, on these 3 shards decay seems to have continued at the same accelerated rate. The other possibility, I suppose, is that these galleons were already in the somewhat worn stage when these shards received the new publish and the publish didn't refresh them.

In any event, here are my notes for these 3 particular shards. I hope this might be useful information for Bleak or Misk to do some checking to make sure that things are actually working as they should with regard to galleon decay on all shards.

BAJA
Refreshed at 9:33 pm MT on 8/20/2014.
Checked at 11:33 am MT on 8/22/2014 and already at "somewhat worn" stage after only 38 hours.

ORIGIN
Refreshed at 10:32 pm MT on 8/20/2014.
Checked at 11:49 am MT on 8/22/2014 and already at "somewhat worn" stage after only 37.25 hours.

SONOMA
Refreshed at 10:36 pm MT on 8/20/2014.
Checked at 11:51 am MT on 8/22/2014 and already at "somewhat worn" stage after only 37.25 hours.

I will continue to monitor these galleons and try to let them decay for at least 36 hours between refreshing them. Maybe a few more people could help with this at well. And if you do have galleons in the water at this point, please don't assume the publish automatically re-started the decay process. I kind of doubt that it did and if your galleon was already more decayed than it should have been, you could be in danger of losing it if you don't log in and refresh it soon.
didnt they say that the NA shards would be a day behind the HK shards in this respect, hence no transfers until they are synced?
maybe when they said normal maintenance cycle they meant the NEXT one, not the one that was this am?
that or they where busy with that server they where fixing this am and forgot to do the NA ones.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didnt they say that the NA shards would be a day behind the HK shards in this respect, hence no transfers until they are synced?
maybe when they said normal maintenance cycle they meant the NEXT one, not the one that was this am?
that or they where busy with that server they where fixing this am and forgot to do the NA ones.
The notes came out yesterday afternoon right about when the Asian shards were having their maintenance and the notes say, "We are changing the boat decay back to the normal 14 day decay rate, starting tonight with Japan's regular maintanence cycle, all other shards will get this during their normal maintenance cycle." Therefore, I interpreted this to mean that all the non-Asian shards got the update today whenever they had their normal maintenance cycle.

In any event, it just seemed odd that those three North American shards were still apparently having accelerated decay but not Atlantic, GL, Europa, or the Japanese or Korean shards I have galleons on.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GMs will not replace lost or stolen items NOT even if you bought it from Origin store, and NOT even if you still have your receipt. I was just informed by Legends EM. She also says boat can be stolen even IF you secure them. I did not argue with her as she was insistent about this. I had an run-in with said EM and I am done with UO. this is the final straw. I don't want talk about it or anything else UO related anymore. I'll be listing mine and Luc's items we've accumulated over twelve years in the trades forums. I will be giving all away and arranging meetings in game to give stuff to those who want it.

Ya'll want us gone well here's the white flag.

Last edited: