• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Producer Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Sep 11 19:07 GMT

Greetings Everyone,

I would like to start off todays letter by telling the Izumo players I am sorry for having to cut short the Meet and Greet and finish answering their questions.

Q1,海賊酒やバラのお酒をスタックできるようにしてほしい

A,これは簡単な修正ではありません。

Q2,フルーツを絞ってジュース作れるようにして!(ノンアルコール)

A,それは素晴らしいアイデアです!

Q3,プレイヤーが制作できるお料理を増やして!

A,是非とも新たな食品やレシピ、料理などを含む農業ブースターパックを考えてみたいと思います。

Q4,家の腐敗速度を元にに戻して下さい!

A,それはすでに5日間に戻しました。

Q5,地面に置いたアイテムの腐敗時間が短縮されました。

元は2時間強だったのが1時間前後くらいになりました。

これはバグですか?もしバグであれば早めに修正してください。

A,これはバグではありません。ゲーム内でのクラッシュを防ぐ為に意図的に行われました。

Q6,私の言いたいことは非英語圏と英語圏にある人々の情報入手における問題点です。

去年までは開発からのコメント、バグリポートなどはEAJを介するという形で行われていました

しかし、EAJがUOに関わらなくなってから、我々は情報をhttp://www.uo.comから得ています

ここに問題点があるのです。

あなたたちはuo.comでアナウンスしながら、詳細についてはUO Straticsでコメントしています。

このことをuo.comに反映したりしないのは何故だろうか?

最近で言うならば、転送の盾による転送を制限したことを告知しました。

そのことをUO StraticsでMr.Bleakが詳細についてコメントしてましたが、数日して、制限を無くしたことをUO Straticsにてアナウンスしました。

でも、uo.comではこのことをアナウンスいないのです。

これではuo.comのみを見ている人は転送の盾による転送は2週間制限のままだと思ってしまうでしょう。

今後の私達がuo.com見るのは間違いないだろうけど、その全員がUO Straticsも見るとは限らないのです。

もし、UO Straticsで重要なことをアナウンスするのなら全てuo.comの方に記事として載せて貰えませんか?

あなたたちは開発でもあり、プレイヤーへ今後の情報を発信する報道機関です。

私のお願いは情報発信先を一元化することで非英語圏でも触れやすくしてほしいのです。

A,私たちは非英語圏のプレイヤーの不満を理解しています。

Webページを再構築する為にUOの知識を持ったWebデザイナーを見つける事に手間取っていましたが、やっと見つける事が出来ました。

私たちはuo.comの変更計画を進めるだけではなく、うまくいけば日本語、韓国語、中国語、ドイツ語に変換されるようになるでしょう。

そうすれば進捗状況を更新し、皆さんと情報を共有する事が出来るようになります。

もちろん日本公式サイトのアーカイブが失われることはありません。

1)I want to stack the moonshines of pirate and bottle of single.

This is not a simple fix, we will look into it and get back to you .

2)Please do make a fruit juice.(non-alcoholic)

Great Idea!

3)I want to cook many kinds of more.Please increase the item type that can be cooking.

We would love to do a Farming Booster pack with new foods and recipes and things to grow and cook.

4)Please return the decay time of the house.

It was returned to the 5 days.

5)Disappearance time was shortened when placed in the ground objects.(it has been changed to about 60-80mins from a over 2hours.)

Is it bug?Please correct quickly if it is bug.

This is not a bug it was done on purpose to fix a crash in the game.

6)sorry,No,6 is long.

What I mean is the problem of where to find information of people in the English-speaking and non-English speaking.

Comments from development, such as bug reports had been made in the form of mediating EA Japan until last year.

However, EA Japan is from no longer matter to the Ultima Online, we have gained from uo.com (information).

However, I have a problem here.

You guys commented in UO Stratics For more information, even while public relations in uo.com.

It's not reflected in or uo.com this thing and Why?

If you say recently, it was announced that it has restricted the character transfer by the 14th Anniversary Shard Shields.

Mr.Bleak had commented on the detail in the UO Stratics about it, but in a few days, it was announced at the UO Stratics that it has an unlimited.

But, it's not announce this thing in uo.com.

Who have seen only uo.com will become thought the character transfer by the 14th Anniversary Shard Shields function and remains of two weeks in this limit.

All of us in the future to see uo.com undoubtedly, but it's not necessarily all of them and also see UO Stratics.

Would not get to put as an article towards the uo.com all if, if to announce that it is important in the UO Stratics?

There is also in development, you guys are news organizations that transmit information in the future to the player.

Ask my'd make it easier to touch in non-English-speaking by centralizing information destination.

We understand the frustration of the non- English speaking players, I am sorry it has taken us so long to find a web designer that we feel has the love and knowledge of UO to help us redo our Web page but we have finally found one and are really excited. As we go forward with the planning changes on UO.COM we are planning to have the site not only translate to Japanese but hopefully to Korean, Chinese and German. I will keep everyone updated on our progress as we make it. I want to make sure the Japanese players also know we have the archived Japanese site so it will not be lost.

The UO Team would like to invite everyone to join us for a State of the UO Address on Wednesday 17th September at 7pm EST.

If you would like to have us answer any questions you may have that you have always wanted to ask us please submit them by email to [email protected] or on the thread generated by this post on stratics forums over the next two days after which the thread will be locked. Emails received after the deadline will not be included.

You can watch at any of the following locations:

Google+: Watch live on Google+
YouTube: Watch Live on YouTube
Twitch: Watch live on Twitch live on Twitch

Please join us for some exciting news as to what the team is up to and where we are going next.

We will be publishing Pub 86 to TC1 on Monday and to Origin and Izumo on the 18th. We are looking to have Pub 86 World Wide on the 24th! At that time Return to Britannia will be active as well!

See everyone soon!

Continue reading...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the State of UO Address be recorded so we can watch it later, please? I'm sure I'm not the only UO player who won't be able to sit at a computer and watch a live broadcast at 7 pm ET next Wednesday. Thanks.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my first question for next week's video:

Are there any plans to replace the EM program with a global "live events" program so that players can do "live events" at times that are convenient for their own schedules? It's gotten very, very old trying to educate EMs about what are good times to do "live events" for people who live in the Mountain and Pacific (and even further west) time zones. It's like talking to the wall or something. Almost every time an EM event for one of the "west coast" shards is scheduled or rescheduled, it's easy to see that the scheduling is being done for the convenience of East Coast and European players. I'm tired of paying for content that there's no way I can ever get to because it's scheduled for when people in these time zones are either still at work, driving home from work, eating dinner, or is on the weekend during daylight hours when people in these time zones are doing things with their families. This has been going on for years now and it never changes, never improves. Always the same BS with every EM on the west coast shards. It's no wonder all those shards are as deserted as they are. They're being treated by the paid staff to support the concept of turning them into farming shards. Just one more easy place to go to get stuff to sell for millions and billions in gold. Who cares if the people who play on those shards because they supposedly offer their best connection can't ever get to the events. Oh no, we can't let all of them show up at the events. That might mean some ultra-rich, ultra-special rares collector loses his chance at something to sell to give him even more gold.

Just scrap the whole EM program and give us global live events. It would make a lot of "regular" players a whole lot happier in the long run and might get some people who left in disgust to come back and give UO another shot.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, we've talked about this before. And while I do want to see global live events, very much so, and I do want to see EM events scaled back to a non freebie story telling activity, I do not want it to go away. They just put in game volunteers back in place and I have a feeling those two systems are pretty closely tied together.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Are there any plans to replace the EM program with a global "live events" program so that players can do "live events" at times that are convenient for their own schedules? It's gotten very, very old trying to educate EMs about what are good times to do "live events" for people who live in the Mountain and Pacific (and even further west) time zones. It's like talking to the wall or something. Almost every time an EM event for one of the "west coast" shards is scheduled or rescheduled, it's easy to see that the scheduling is being done for the convenience of East Coast and European players. I'm tired of paying for content that there's no way I can ever get to because it's scheduled for when people in these time zones are either still at work, driving home from work, eating dinner, or is on the weekend during daylight hours when people in these time zones are doing things with their families. This has been going on for years now and it never changes, never improves. Always the same BS with every EM on the west coast shards. It's no wonder all those shards are as deserted as they are. They're being treated by the paid staff to support the concept of turning them into farming shards. Just one more easy place to go to get stuff to sell for millions and billions in gold. Who cares if the people who play on those shards because they supposedly offer their best connection can't ever get to the events. Oh no, we can't let all of them show up at the events. That might mean some ultra-rich, ultra-special rares collector loses his chance at something to sell to give him even more gold.

Just scrap the whole EM program and give us global live events. It would make a lot of "regular" players a whole lot happier in the long run and might get some people who left in disgust to come back and give UO another shot.
This would be epic Tina, I totally agree. You can still have limited drops at the end of each month, use the system of the abyss house giveaway. You obtain a ticket for completing the event and at the end of each month random tickets are drawn and items are rewarded. This will only open up another avenue players can compete for event items on there own agenda. This fixes several problems that currently plague the EM system

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont agree with scrapping the program, but totally agree that its not right having events timed just for east coasters. West coast events should be in the evening for west coasters.

I think by 8 or 9 oclock most people days have wound down enough to fit in events. Its messed up the west coast events are at only 6pm sometimes. alot of people arent home from work let alone done with dinner / kids by that point.
I notice that most EM events, other than "meet and greets," seem to be scheduled for 9 pm Eastern Time or 10 pm Eastern Time. If that is a convenient time for people on the East coast, then it should make sense that 9 or 10 pm Pacific Time might just be a convenient time out west as well. 8 pm Pacific Time is still too early, in my opinion.

I don't know why I even bring this subject up, though. It won't change. There are too many people that don't want it to change because they're getting rich off things the way they are now.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice that most EM events, other than "meet and greets," seem to be scheduled for 9 pm Eastern Time or 10 pm Eastern Time. If that is a convenient time for people on the East coast, then it should make sense that 9 or 10 pm Pacific Time might just be a convenient time out west as well. 8 pm Pacific Time is still too early, in my opinion.

I don't know why I even bring this subject up, though. It won't change.
I think the fact that they wont satellite the employees that are EMs has a lot to do with that. At least that was my understanding. Maybe that has changed now. If they are allowing folks to log in from their own comps, where ever they are, I don't see why we don't have west coast people running west coast events, as long as they are not personally invested in the shard, and do not have the ability to generate items on their own.

But remember, before EMs, long before, there was talk about randomized shard events that were completely unannounced and run by Devs just showing up on a shard in some recolored mob skin, and slaying the masses wantonly. :) lol!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Devs, seers, etc, did used to show up and just spawn things, making a quick mini event, with no foreplanning , just the town criers would start spouting it and you knew it was on =) And usually they would give one or two token items out for participating and gamesmanship (the rude ones at events today wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting anything lol), damage had nothing to do with it, it was the RP and the gamesmanship and support that would get something.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back on track!

Questions for the state of UO:

Looking past global loot, VvV ( I should have copyrighted that) and traders quests. Can we talk more about the new website and MyUO? What plans are there to help guilds be promoted through the information made available? What information will actually be available?

Last we heard about HiRes art was that the system had been greatly streamlined. How is that going? When might we be planning to see some of the results?

The game has touched on a lot of player systems over the last year, Spells, armor, loot. Can you say anything specific at this point about a pets and tamers revamp? A new gump that shows all skills would be greatly appreciated.

Having taken a close look at armor and weapons, is there any interest on the teams part to look at the crating rewards systems that are currently in place? Recipes, as they exist, don't make much sense. Heartwood....well, I think I am not alone in wanting something more like the tailor/smith system for other crafting. Can you tell us if this is too big a monster to be looking at right now?

Are there plans to revisit some of the elements of High Seas and theme packs that seem wonky or incomplete?

Is the team still taking submissions for additions to Blackthorns artifacts into account? Are there some specialized event items that have been specifically ruled out for addition?

Will we ever be able to do something with minor artifacts besides turn them in?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the Tina Crusade resumes. You do not like the events, yet also find them not to be at convenient times for you, therefore you wish to take them away from everyone else. I truly do not understand this, never have, and doubtlessly I never will. The EM events don't harm you (it's not like certain mechanics we had during our early days that DID harm people, and the game), and there's nothing making attendance mandatory. Your public argument, that the EM events somehow prevent them from doing global events, is not credible, as they have done global events during the tenure of the EM events. And one scarcely can believe that the global storylines take more time and effort than other stuff they've done during the EM program. (VvV comes to mind.)

It's not that they can't do a global arc and the EM program at the same time. It's that they have chosen not to since the Minax invasion thing. That saddens me but to argue that one prevents the other is a ridiculous argument on the face of it.

Fortunately, at the meet and greet on Great Lakes the team member whose name begins with K (sorry, dude, but I really don't know how to spell your name properly -- fret not you're far from the first team member whose given me this dilemma) stated that an "awesome" global storyline would be coming.

Like you, Tina, I want there to be a global storyline. Indeed as you likely recall I was the one who asked the question on GL about if there'd ever be a global storyline again, thus prompting the above response, which I view as positive.

There further is the possibility that any storyline or event cycle they do will cause complaints in and of themselves, as basically all of them have and will.

-Galen's player

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the Tina Crusade resumes. You do not like the events, yet also find them not to be at convenient times for you, therefore you wish to take them away from everyone else. I truly do not understand this, never have, and doubtlessly I never will. The EM events don't harm you (it's not like certain mechanics we had during our early days that DID harm people, and the game), and there's nothing making attendance mandatory. Your public argument, that the EM events somehow prevent them from doing global events, is not credible, as they have done global events during the tenure of the EM events. And one scarcely can believe that the global storylines take more time and effort than other stuff they've done during the EM program. (VvV comes to mind.)

It's not that they can't do a global arc and the EM program at the same time. It's that they have chosen not to since the Minax invasion thing. That saddens me but to argue that one prevents the other is a ridiculous argument on the face of it.

Fortunately, at the meet and greet on Great Lakes the team member whose name begins with K (sorry, dude, but I really don't know how to spell your name properly -- fret not you're far from the first team member whose given me this dilemma) stated that an "awesome" global storyline would be coming.

Like you, Tina, I want there to be a global storyline. Indeed as you likely recall I was the one who asked the question on GL about if there'd ever be a global storyline again, thus prompting the above response, which I view as positive.

There further is the possibility that any storyline or event cycle they do will cause complaints in and of themselves, as basically all of them have and will.

-Galen's player
It's a really good idea. Many west coast players get the shaft when it comes to the time of events. UO players are older generation and most have families/jobs ect so this is an excellent idea and you will not only get a handful of people doing these events but the participation will be 10 fold . This might cut into your profits and hurt your pocketbook :(

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a really good idea. Many west coast players get the shaft when it comes to the time of events. UO players are older generation and most have families/jobs ect so this is an excellent idea and you will not only get a handful of people doing these events but the participation will be 10 fold . This might cut into your profits and hurt your pocketbook :(
I actually don't get many items. (And that has to be what you're talking about as I can't think of how else one can make money from the events.) And I played the events consistently when there were items, and when there were not items. I'm willing to bet that overall I've made more money from consistent content than I have from EM events, especially if one adjusts for inflation.

Indeed elsewhere I've spoken against those who play the events solely for the items, to the point where I've been insulted for that too.

I also point out, again, that I've supported non-EM event content, and done so consistently.

*shrugs* It takes but a few words to make something up and more words to say fact.

-Galen's player

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Another Question

I use a lot of Transfer Tokens, and every time my toon arrive He is on the middle of somewhere and I always have to use the Help menu option:

"My Charcater is physically Stuck"

Can you guys make all Transferred toons to Arrive on LUNA??
or Can you add Luna option to the Choice Menu?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always take a Luna Rune and a Brit rune with recalls with me when I transfer...solves that problem without any programming

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Another Question

I use a lot of Transfer Tokens, and every time my toon arrive He is on the middle of somewhere and I always have to use the Help menu option:

"My Charcater is physically Stuck"

Can you guys make all Transferred toons to Arrive on LUNA??
or Can you add Luna option to the Choice Menu?
Never really had a problem with this. A short run maybe but other than that I am always in a city with a moongate a short jog away

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QUESTION:

1. Would you please explain how REFORGING works with the same level of detail that we have for imbuing? I mean telling us the property "weights" when reforging and the various "Budgets" that all the different kinds of runics have? Don't forget explaining how things like choosing a "powerful" reforge effectst stuff... NUMBERS please !
Also...I'm aware of the charts that Semmerset created...

http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging/semmersets-re-forging-charts

These charts are really only good when trying to figure out how to attain ONE reforged mod though. Other than trial and error people don't understand how all of this functions reguarding multiple reforged properties. I cannot believe this system isn't understood in detail after this long. I can tell you in seconds if an specific combination of properties is IMBUABLE but ask me if you can get 3-5 specific Reforged mods together & I wouldn't have a clue...

Thanks.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, this is the thread where we can post our questions?
Okay... because I have some:
  1. Will the former EA "Ask & Answer" communication between players/devs return some day with Broadsword?

2. Can the former EA "official" fansites keep their status under Broadsword's banner?
And I also have some questions from our community left (former A&A), which were never answered because of the EA/Broadsword changes:
  1. Would it not be nice to have a Shard Transfer shield of fortune which gives a token for a shard based on accident. So it could be an asia, america or europa shard? (from Coco Zamis)

2. I tried to dye Melissa's Cloak using Pigments of Tokuno (silver) but it did not work. I expected the cloak to be an artifact and thus be dyeable. Which are the criteria what is dyeable and what is not? (from Nicnivin)

3. What is the exact rate the points of the zoo in Moonglow decay at? It seems to vary, but it's hard to tell since we can't be sure how many points were donated. (from Nicnivin)

4. Is it planned to make the ship cannons *remaining the color of the material used*? Or are there gonna be a series of (maybe pirate-/sailor-related) Quests, each rewarding a recipe for crafting a cannon of a particular material? Like "a recipe to craft light ship cannons with bronze ingots" or "a recipe to craft heavy ship cannons with golden ingots"? (from Ithildin)

5. Can you please restore the "normal" surroundings at the Humility Moongate, Ilshenar? The area around the Ankh was blocked back in the day when the fight with Dragonbane happened, but it is really cumbersome for ressing and also reaching the Champion Spawn around the corner... (from Medea)

6. Can you please restore the functionality of gates/teleporters from EM events? Example: We (Drachenfels) have an EM gate to the beach where Sudiva lives (Lenmir Anfinmotas, Ilshenar) but we cannot use it any longer because its broken. (from Medea)
Thanks for listening! :)

T

Tazar

Question: Personally - I think Stygian Abyss was a great expansion. However, I have noticed that the addition of "The Underworld" only included level one of the dungeon and that there are areas that appear to be possible access points to deeper levels. Will we ever see additional levels to The Underworld in UO?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the plans for making sure that all of the Origin store sites around the world all sell the same UO-related items? I believe players have complained here in the past about the lack of availability of many items in at least the Australian and Brazilian stores and possibly also in the Korean store.

Also, are there any plans for being able to purchase these items, some of which were once available in at least the U.S. and Canadian stores and some of which have only ever been available through the Japanese store: Smuggler's Edge, Spring Decor Collection, Mini House Deeds, Singing Ball, Secret Chest?

(The list below shows what seems to currently be available in the U.S. Origin store and their USD prices:

Advanced Character Token 19.95
Britannian Ship 11.99
Captain's Bundle 17.95
Character Reincarnation (Sex, Name, Gender Change) 19.99
Character Transfer 19.99
Eleventh Year Collection 15.99
5-Charge Forged Metal Tool 5.95
10-Charge Forged Metal Tool 9.99
1 Month Game Time 12.99
3 Month Game Time 38.99
6 Month Game Time 59.99
Gender Change Token 9.99
Gothic Theme Pack 9.99
Haochi's Pigments 3.99
High Seas Booster 14.99
House & Bank Storage Increase 19.99
Instant Pet Bond Potion 4.99
King's Collection Theme Pack 9.99
Legacy Token 9.99
Mythic Character Token 24.99
Name Change Token 9.99
Natural Hair Dye 4.00
Pen of Wisdom 5.99
Three Raised Garden Beds 19.99
Rechargeable Housing Teleport Tile Set 9.99
Rustic Theme Pack 9.99
Seventh Character Slot 19.99
Seventh Character Slot & Increased Storage 29.99
Stygian Abyss New Account 29.99
Stygian Abyss Upgrade 19.99
Undertaker's Staff 4.99
Woodworker's Bench 5.99)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any possibility that you could adjust the section representatives in the Britain Library so that they all recognize amounts contributed to the various representatives? It would make it a lot easier to actually obtain items via small, regular donations of items obtained through regular game play if your donations at the library were aggregated instead of kept separate by section.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any plans to decrease vendor fees? With the declining population, sales of normal basic items good for new/returning players are very slow and I think many people just don't bother to sell them because the aggregate vendor fees soon outstrip the actual price of the items they are trying to sell.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QUESTION:

1. Would you please explain how REFORGING works with the same level of detail that we have for imbuing? I mean telling us the property "weights" when reforging and the various "Budgets" that all the different kinds of runics have? Don't forget explaining how things like choosing a "powerful" reforge effectst stuff... NUMBERS please !
Also...I'm aware of the charts that Semmerset created...

http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging/semmersets-re-forging-charts

These charts are really only good when trying to figure out how to attain ONE reforged mod though. Other than trial and error people don't understand how all of this functions reguarding multiple reforged properties. I cannot believe this system isn't understood in detail after this long. I can tell you in seconds if an specific combination of properties is IMBUABLE but ask me if you can get 3-5 specific Reforged mods together & I wouldn't have a clue...

Thanks.

It should stay as a pool of random insanity players take a dip in. Test and fail till you find a sweet spot. Stock up on a found mod on a range of weapons or armor. Knowing every random few months (4-6) they will tweek the number chance and/or strengths. Add and remove mods. Simply a system that would be a waste of time to track and would never get boring. Range of settings compounded by the number of runics. Someone dabbles about and finds a combo that adds a random 5 crafter skill to armor. Short time to knock out all the random chance leathers with 5 smith skill and such. New mods could get mixed in and out. Crafting has a chance to compete with a revamped loot system.

Or just have a plug and play system to get what you want on a platter. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Fat monkey. Need to stop catering to the monkeys that want everything now with little effort. Then they sit and squeel when all the other monkies have the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lug

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you increase the value of the Scroll of Transcendence you get once per week from one of the paintings in the King's Collection to something worthwhile? A 0.1 SoT is practically useless. Changing them to at least 0.5 or 1.0 doesn't seem like it would be game-breaking and might be an incentive for more people to purchase that upgrade.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. With our current inflation of gold are there still plans to make "gold" account wide instead of 1 million checks?

2. With the resources Broadsword brings has the team ever looked into what some free shards are doing for ideas? Some free shards have very nice concepts and is on par with what the community would want to see. This is from a couple guys in there basement so imagine what Broadsword could do.

3. Any plans on increasing the skill cap from 720?

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible to have any 24-hour timers that affect things that your characters can do in-game or that affect things that are maturing/developing in-game all reset themselves at shard maintenance? It would make it so much easier to keep track of when you can do things like throwing a lucky coin in the fountain, doing a puzzle board, doing escort quests, watering/tending plants growing in pots or chicken lizard eggs, sacrificing fame to increase sacrifice virtue, etc., especially if you have multiple characters doing these things on multiple shards. Also, with the timers the way they are now, if you don't log on at the exact same time every day to do these things, the day you log in late to do them then throws you off for the next day and you just end up not doing some things on some days so you can get your character back on a reasonable schedule.

I hope this makes sense!

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or just have a plug and play system to get what you want on a platter. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Monkey pushes easy button and gets treat. Fat monkey. Need to stop catering to the monkeys that want everything now with little effort. Then they sit and squeel when all the other monkies have the same thing.
LOL!!!

Glenny glenn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ive got a question thats been nagging me. For tamers are there any plans to go back and adjust some of the older generation tames like white wurms and nightmares to be somewhere near the power of a greater dragon? Its kind of sad that really i only have my GD as an option when im doing some of the tougher content. Or allow us to have two white wurms or regular dragons?

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Hi Res Artwork update is needed. Is it still being worked on? Or will it be a re-release of the UO:KR artwork?

Return to Britannia: are there any plans to market it? And how long will it be this time? a week, a month?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question about security.
We had still peoples which are been hacked by brute force attacks on their account names via website or client login.
There are several solutions to solve this issue.
1. increase login delay when a wrong password was used.
2. have the option to change login names.
Could this be implemented?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question about security.
We had still peoples which are been hacked by brute force attacks login.
There are several solutions to solve this issue.
1. increase login delay when a wrong password was used.
2. have the option to change login names.
Could this be implemented?
Considering the login is ssl it's unlikely that uo gets bruteforced all that often. Those who can bruteforce ssl are probably more interested in other things besides uo. besides a delay wouldn't work because the bruteforcers would simply use proxies to reset the timer. Ability to change the username creates some pretty big headaches as far as system management goes. Best defense against bruteforcers is strong unique passwords. Including alpha numeric combinations.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you do something to the vendor gump or upon opening the backpack of a vendor our account owns to show how many items the vendor is actually holding? Or even something as simple as letting us mouse over the vendor's backpack when you use the "Open Paperdoll" option and doing so gives us an item count?

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If im not totally crazy we could mouse ower the backpack on the paperdoll for a while, and see how much the vendor held. It was so useful when you want to know how many more items you can go home and pick up ..or craft.. I miss it so much.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
put the mouse in "single click" mode and you can get the item count by single clicking on the backpack

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
put the mouse in "single click" mode and you can get the item count by single clicking on the backpack
Awesome, awesome tip! Thank you, Kojak. That works great and is exactly what I wanted. (Found the option to change this under the "Options" button on the CC paperdoll, and then under the "Interface" tab, and lastly, under "Item Properties Display.")

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's not too late already, would also like to ask if the tailor and blacksmith NPCs in Ter Mur will ever offer BODs or take bribes.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you everyone. Question taking is now closed.

The time for this event is:
1pm HAST
4pm PST
6pm CST
7pm EST
Midnight BST
1am CEST (18th)
10am AEDT (18th)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.