• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Origin Store Issues

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning everyone, As I am sure alot of you have noticed you are unable to purchase Game Time Codes on the Origin Store. I still do not have an ETA on the time or date it will be fixed, so as of today we are going to be turning off Housing Warehouse. Understand that by turning off the Housing Warehouse this also means no houses can be placed until we turn it back on. We will not turn back on the Housing Warehouse until 1 week after the Origin Store begins selling the codes again. Please understand your house […]

Continue reading...

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This also means that if you try to resize your house this will leave you without a house.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good time for all the idocers to take a vacation. Ill be in vegas if anyone wants to join me. :)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if you cannot buy a code your house will fall. But... no one can place on your spot until the store is right for a week? Is this what she said?

Good news is for some this will not happen for 90 days, the falling. By that time the store may be right.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you go to account management and apply a CC or a Game-time code what happens to the IDOCed house?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is really funny is the whole cluster **** with the store in the first place and nothing said, the silence is deafening.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if you cannot buy a code your house will fall. But... no one can place on your spot until the store is right for a week? Is this what she said?

Good news is for some this will not happen for 90 days, the falling. By that time the store may be right.
I think it is the opposite of what you are describing.

They are turning off the housing warehouse so that houses will not age. That way people who cannot buy a Game Time Code won't have to worry about losing their house.

If the house is already IDOC, then it will decay as usual, even with the housing warehouse turned off.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the update.

I can't imagine what Broadsword goes through trying to keep our tiny boat afloat in the stormy seas EA creates.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran

They are turning off the housing warehouse so that houses will not age. That way people who cannot buy a Game Time Code won't have to worry about losing their house.

If the house is already IDOC, then it will decay as usual, even with the housing warehouse turned off.
You are INCORRECT!
The whole House Server is down, All Current houses at GW or IDOC stage will NOT collapse until they Turn ON again

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A good thing then! Ty! She did say that this will not save a house in idoc. Right?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So if I understand this, because I cannot buy the three-month game codes for four accounts, that when my accounts go inactive my houses will not fall, and when the store begins selling the one-month codes I will be able to renew accounts status once more.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good thing then! Ty! She did say that this will not save a house in idoc. Right?
Yes. My understanding from reading the post was that IDOC would just decay as usual.

However, "does not mean it will save" might also mean that the house in IDOC will not decay further, but will remain in IDOC and not revert back to any type of good standing (this would be what AtlanticRealtor is saying). So, when the housing warehouse is turned back on, a house currently in IDOC would still be in IDOC and would then decay as usual.

Either way, if the house has reached IDOC, sooner or later it is going to fall.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they extend gifts end date too. In case it take more than 2 weeks to fix store...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes. My understanding from reading the post was that IDOC would just decay as usual.

However, "does not mean it will save" might also mean that the house in IDOC will not decay further, but will remain in IDOC and not revert back to any type of good standing (this would be what AtlanticRealtor is saying). So, when the housing warehouse is turned back on, a house currently in IDOC would still be in IDOC and would then decay as usual.

Either way, if the house has reached IDOC, sooner or later it is going to fall.
It is my understanding that when it's turned off housing will not enter decay stages.

Those who already reached idoc will most likely fall when the housing is turned back on, which is why there are tons that show up after housing is off for a while.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean that technically, those that use Game Time Codes are now experiencing "Free To Play"?

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean that technically, those that use Game Time Codes are now experiencing "Free To Play"?
If you mean that their houses will not fall while they can't buy Game Time Codes?- then, yes. If you mean are they playing UO while they can't by Game Time Codes?- then, no. You can't play UO without paying lol.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow that's awesome they're doing this for those that need it.

I wish they would of turned off the housing server waay back in the day when they had all of the server reverts. Those were the days of having to refresh your house weekly and with the reverts I lost dozens of houses back then.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you mean that their houses will not fall while they can't buy Game Time Codes?- then, yes. If you mean are they playing UO while they can't by Game Time Codes?- then, no. You can't play UO without paying lol.
Thanks, That makes sense.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. This is a service for the poor souls that cannot purchase a GTC at the moment. So, no Idoc-Season :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

DITTO

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are INCORRECT!
The whole House Server is down, All Current houses at GW or IDOC stage will NOT collapse until they Turn ON again
INDEED THE HOUSE SERVER IS OFF.. why are fplks panicinking.. nothing will fall till its turned back on..if our house is already idoc then uve kinda shot yourself in the foot but it wot decay.. but u wil have a small window when the house server is turned back on to apply the code that can them be bought back in store.

lets be honest.. lets be truly honest.. if u have been caight out in the 90 day loop... more fool you... u took a chance... u may have to pay the price

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
So, other than buying game time code, what OTHER WAY is there to pay for the game? Surely there is another way to pay for the game, such as direct debit? If so, where and how? And yes, more fool ME for paying for my game time 3 months at a time with a game time code, but how else is there? My time runs out at the end of September. This surely HAS to be fixed in 3 weeks time?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something got fixed already. Shall me try to buy 6 month code now or wait day or two?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You can pay monthly via subscription with a credit / debit card.
My problem I have is that my pay days are not the same as the account dates, When I purchase my game codes I still have 6-7 days on the account, and as bad as my other half is with our joint account, using our bank debit card to pay the monthly payment will only confuse her more and will lead us to a major roadblock with the bank declining payment to the game accounts. This happen before where the game account requested funds for payment that were not there. Buying my game code on my payday and putting them on the accounts then and there keep me and my wife happy.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Alas, 1, 3 and 6 Gametime codes appear to be available at Brazil and US Origin stores already.
I just bought one at Brazil store.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a good gesture to those affected by Origin's inability to properly maintain an e-commerce site.

I look forward to when BS brings these items to the UO site, rather than remaining tied to the EA's failure. Hopefully, they'll bring the prices more in-line with reality as well.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Turning off the Housing Warehouse does not mean it will save a house if the house is in the IDOC state"

Can these houses still be transferred in order to save them?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
DEVS WE NEED TO KNOW IF HOUSE IF DECAY STAGE LIKE IDOC OR GREATLY, WILL IT FALL OR DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TIL TURNED ON? PLEASE RESPOND TY
ive been at this idoc for 12 hours now, need to know lol.

Last edited:

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
DEVS WE NEED TO KNOW IF HOUSE IF DECAY STAGE LIKE IDOC OR GREATLY, WILL IT FALL OR DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TIL TURNED ON? PLEASE RESPOND TY
ive been at this idoc for 12 hours now, need to know lol.

She said that only the IDOC's one would collapse BUT. from previous experiences, I can say that When they turn Houses Warehouse Down, EVERYTHING related to Houses is DOWN.

You can NOT place, Buy, Sell, Resize anything until is turned ON.
Also from previous experiences , All Houses IDOCS will NOT fall, I had many ocaasions before that the "warehouse" was down and I had to "add" the downtime to the falling Idoc, for example, the ware house went down for 2 hours and the Idoc was "supposed" to collapse at 3pm, I had to add 2 hours and BOOM, the house collapsed at 5pm!!

I am also "watching" a Keep Idoc, that has already passed 15 hours mark and the Keep still UP, so I guess I can say that NO houses will collpase or decay or stage, until they Turn ON.

and according to Mesanna will be a week from Today, The Game Time Codes are BACK at origin.com but her words were:

Understand that by turning off the Housing Warehouse this also means no houses can be placed until we turn it back on. We will not turn back on the Housing Warehouse until 1 week after the Origin Store begins selling the codes again.
Ultima Online

so, if ORIGIN keep up the "Good" work, we can always email her and ask her very "polite" to pls Turn ON

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GAME TIME CODES ARE BACK LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Origin

Interesting how you guys in the USA seem to be getting a 10% discount. Not so for the Australian store. So tired of the double standard that applies to UO products. Wish the dev team would actually complain about the fact that a portion of their client base always gets screwed when dealing with the store.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What's this Save 10%? I thought Origin never ever offered discounts on game codes.
Interesting how you guys in the USA seem to be getting a 10% discount. Not so for the Australian store. So tired of the double standard that applies to UO products. Wish the dev team would actually complain about the fact that a portion of their client base always gets screwed when dealing with the store.

Don't be mistaken, you have to be a member for that discount.

There is not discount for the inconvenience.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Become a member for just $4.99/month. So you pay $4.99 a month to save $1.30 on a $12.99 purchase, now that is some savings. NOT
It also gives you access to a bunch of games for no further charge. . . It's not just 10% savings.

It's Origin Access and the full list of titles can be found online. Includes Battlefield 3, 4 and Hardline, Dragon Age Inquisition, Titanfall and some other stuff.

Not a good deal for the dinosaurs that post here but for most people it's not too shabby.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
You can pay monthly via subscription with a credit / debit card.
I remember why now I wasn't doing a direct debit subscription. For some reason, UO/EA/Origins rejects my credit cards (UK based) and thinks I am using a fraudulent credit card, and suspends my UO account, causing me to phone them and explain to them my credit card companies (multiple cards) are not rejecting the payment. They are approving the payment. and that EA for some unknown reason is rejecting my cards. I just tried to pay for a recurring payment with my credit card and my bank approved it but EA games rejected it. AGAIN. 3rd time.

This is why I went to paying for my time with game time codes via PayPal. It was instant and I got my game codes straight away. So now I must wait another 24 hours and call them back and beg them to unsuspend me . AGAIN and wait for the time codes to be available.

After I explained this to EA the tech geeks said BUY A TIME CODE with PayPal. I wanted to bang my head on the wall. I said Yea, Origins pulled them from sale and I want to buy a recurring subscription, getting away from PayPal. I felt like I was in a loop.

So to whoever said shame of us who buy time codes and this is OUR punishment, shame on you for saying that. There are reasons why we buy game codes and not do a direct debit. This is an example of one of them and its beyond MY control.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I hate to be "Right", but like i said, even the Houses current at the "IDOC" stage already wont collapse.
The few Houses I had at IDOC stage, they are wll over 20+ Hour at the Stage and they still Stand!!!!

so It is like I said from previous experiences, Everything related to Houses are DOWN and also from past experience, they will NOT collpase as soon as the Warehouse is UP, They will follow the remaining "time".
It is like someone said here: "They just "PAUSE" the clock.

The Game Time Codes are back, you all can find at Origin, I dont think We need to wait another week........my opinion

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I love threads like these, because you can always tell who the personal friends are, by the "thank you so much for your hard work" responses, no matter how catastrophic the subject was LOL..
I believe in fairness, and recognize when they do make it a point to address it specifically.

This doesn't make me a friend, in fact I'm sure on most days the devs prefer I delete my account here, UO, and my email account.

From this standpoint, I sent a couple emails yesterday to address this issue.

And coincidentally they not only addressed the housing warehouse but applied the game time codes to the origin store.

I don't consider that they did this because of me specifically, but sometimes it takes a few people to help get the ball rolling in the right direction.

So despite the fail of Origin.com, the length of time if which they addressed it from my viewpoint was prompt and satisfactory.

Take that for what's it worth, I guess.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I bought an upgrade for an account last night.... and have yet to get an email with the code.
They have addressed this before, that buying from the origin store generally come with a holding period.

I think this was 24 -48 hours, but don't quote me on that.