• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Next Round of Publish 97 Updates to TC1

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you know how often this ability has saved me from losing a beloved pet???

My ISP "reserves" the right to drop my internet for maintenance anytime after midnight before 5am... Well as it happens I work nights... so generally when I'm playing is between midnight a 5am... they don't email me or give me any warning what-so-ever..... they just "click" ..... and off it goes. Whether I'm in the middle of surfing the web or I'm in the midst of a spawn... You have no idea how many times I've cursed them as I know I'll be logging in to a gray screen whenever their "maintenence" is finished... which can take HOURS. Talk about frustrations... but I don't stop playing anything between midnight and 5am just because there is an off chance that this might be the day they shut me down. I just go on about my merry business knowing it "could" happen.

The way this works now has saved me many a time from losing a beloved pet... I recall this happening one time when I was in the middle of walking through the jukka city of Monitor... in Illsh... remember crossing the dragon and then "click" no internet.... long before this was implemented... I came back 3 hours later and my pet was soooooo unhappy... but thankfully still sort of in the area there... I was freaking out. Had that happened now I would have found my pet right there next to me just as happy as he was when I was tossed off the internet. So I don't panic everytime I go somewhere thinking that I'm going to lose my internet and my pet. It gives me peace of mind to keep playing.
I already told you, i'm not proposing the dropping of auto stable, it's the insta auto stable that is the problem. I just want to add a couple of mins on (And not having to retreive from stable creates an exploit)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks -

I've seen some posts veer into the accusation territory... just a friendly reminder to please stay on topic so that moderators don't have to clean up or play bad guy and lock the thread / issue warnings.

Thank you.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder why some people want to make all other unhappy for their own....not benefit, not profit....more like pleasure.....?
Is it pure spite?
Schadenfreude is the word you are looking for. Gaining satisfaction/joy when seeing others harmed or fail. :p

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
forgive me but i don't quite understand the extent of your selfishness if you're not using this exploit. You're not happy to sacrifice, the death of your untrained bonded horse on your crafter if you happen to lose con outside a guardzone, in order to stop people from cheating?
I know sometimes I myself can be selfish but that is really quite something.
First off you need to get your FACTS RIGHT. Auto-log IS NOT an exploit it is a FEATURE put in by the DEVs so any -player losing conn will not lose their pet, yes logging-off does the exact same thing, so what. Having a Bard using Masteries while logged on at the same time and place your Tamer is fighting is also cheating but how many Tamers do it but I do not hear you whining about that are you. Makes you wounder why some people WHINE about a stupid little feature and not about a blatant cheat doesn't it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes please stay on topic, nobody cares about your crafter being killed by ogres during con loss, take it up with your isp or something.

Turbo

Adventurer
Someone said about shadow wyrm being useless with lower hp than gd but it does way more damage than a gd so it is a dps pet and the gd is a tank pet.

Does anyone know how effective discord will be at 120? If it is any less effective than a 120 music/discord bard with an exceptional instrument it wont be worth training. It would be very useful if they changed it so the pet would play your last used instrument for its discord attempts so we can gear it for each encounter.

As the training system is right now, you will still need to search for desired stats on a pet it just wont be quite the same as before. The new goal will be to find a pet that is high in stats that are expensive to train like hp and str so you can save training points for other stuff.

This pet ravamp is one of the best things they have done so far.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone said about shadow wyrm being useless with lower hp than gd but it does way more damage than a gd so it is a dps pet and the gd is a tank pet.
Do you have the numbers to back that up? I was under the impression the highest base damage you can get in any pet is what GD is getting.

Turbo

Adventurer
Yeah a gd is 24-33 and with 600-650ish str for a fairly good one. 24-33 is also the highest i have been able to train any pet to. A shadow wyrm is 29-35 and they have 900-960 str from what i have seen and the 1 that i tamed.

Takes 5min to jump on the test centre and honour tame one to see for yourself. Things that my gd was hitting for 70-75 damage the shadow wrym was damaging for 100-110 per hit

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone noticed with caster pets ( White Wyrm Tested) that if you give them Piercing they no longer want to cast spells. Is this intended because they still have the Mage skills listed. Used Animal Lore during several fights and saw no mana use. Also saw no spell animations. Just want to know if this is intended limitation in the system @Kyronix , thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone noticed with caster pets ( White Wyrm Tested) that if you give them Piercing they no longer want to cast spells. Is this intended because they still have the Mage skills listed. Used Animal Lore during several fights and saw no mana use. Also saw no spell animations. Just want to know if this is intended limitation in the system @Kyronix , thanks in advance.
Yes, it's intended, if you read all the way through the quest NPC's info, or clicked on the INFO button when working through the options you would have seen this screen:
magic-lost.jpg

Having answered that, what I came to say was: I gave my cu sidhe a healing scroll and chiv, but it's casting to remove poison. While I want it to do that eventually, it's not helpful when trying to raise healing. I'm wondering if I could have scrolled up healing, then left the rest of the upgrade and gone to train up the healing with whispering, coming back to add the rest of the upgrade points afterwards. Anyone tried anything like that?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was it ever determined if a "wimpy" GD or turtle would spawn as a 4 slot pet, AND be able to be trained up? The last I saw, the "4 slot" one someone tamed couldn't be trained? Did I miss some posts? @Bleak @Kyronix ?

Angel

Adventurer
I'm wondering if I could have scrolled up healing, then left the rest of the upgrade and gone to train up the healing with whispering, coming back to add the rest of the upgrade points afterwards. Anyone tried anything like that?
Yes, I have done this, and always do. In what ever you are working on, you do not have to pick everything until you want to or are ready to use. On the last turn at 5/5, I leave enough points for 120s and work on them one at a time.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamed two more 4-slot weak GD. After tame they require 4 slots, I have 4/5 followers, but in lore menu they are 5->5. After I click pet training they turn to 5 slots and can't apply any upgrades.
Anyway, I was able to check what it allow to apply. Most interesting is PS for skills. Lowest possible is 115 for example. Seems system thinks there are some points applied already so they not weak anymore.

Summary - even if you see 4->5 wild GD, it actually can be 5 slots in terms of training. But you may have 4-slot weak GD without training to use it with ethy mount.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, it's intended, if you read all the way through the quest NPC's info, or clicked on the INFO button when working through the options you would have seen this screen:
View attachment 65076
Ahh yes it answers my curiosity about thisl (which I did not realize was a "Magical Ability" as listed in choice tab) as I was too focused on it being a melee mastery. Thank you for your input in clarifying this issue for me

Last edited:

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamed two more 4-slot weak GD. After tame they require 4 slots, I have 4/5 followers, but in lore menu they are 5->5. After I click pet training they turn to 5 slots and can't apply any upgrades.
Anyway, I was able to check what it allow to apply. Most interesting is PS for skills. Lowest possible is 115 for example. Seems system thinks there are some points applied already so they not weak anymore.

Summary - even if you see 4->5 wild GD, it actually can be 5 slots in terms of training. But you may have 4-slot weak GD without training to use it with ethy mount.
Oh, it would be fun to train a 4 slot GD, any chance to adjust the training requirement ?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah a gd is 24-33 and with 600-650ish str for a fairly good one. 24-33 is also the highest i have been able to train any pet to. A shadow wyrm is 29-35 and they have 900-960 str from what i have seen and the 1 that i tamed.

Takes 5min to jump on the test centre and honour tame one to see for yourself. Things that my gd was hitting for 70-75 damage the shadow wrym was damaging for 100-110 per hit
The Shadow Wyrm doesn't actually out damage the GD, when you consider that the Shadow Wyrm maxes out at GM Wrest/GM Tact, and the GD can have a max of 130.5 Wrest/126.0 Tactics. The Wrest disparity alone makes a HUGE difference, GDs land hits a lot more often, and get hit a lot less often. Not to mention the fact, that when the Shadow Wyrm casts Corpse Skin on the target, he ends up lowering his own melee damage output (Shadow Wyrm does 75% Physical/25% Cold Damage, Corpse Skin increases Physical/Cold Resist by 15). Ever since they removed the subjugation (1/2 Health) from Shadow Wyrms after tame, i don't think it's possible to tame a 4 Slot Shadow Wyrm anymore.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did some testing with some pets earlier. Here's some of my observations.
@Kyronix The Dread Spider clearly has the Necro/SS skills, yet does not cast Necro spells at all, and cannot even be given the "Necromancy" or "Necromage" abilities via Pet Training to utilize it. This looks like a bug or oversight.
The Frost Mite either needs to have Cold Wind removed from it, so it can get Rune Corruption like the Fire Beetle can, or Cold Wind needs to be revamped to include a Cold Resist debuff, because Cold Wind sucks hard right now (Physical/Fire/Energy can be debuffed via Grasping Claw/Flurry Force, Volcano or Conductive Blast). Other than that, it's pretty cool looking, and nice to have a 100% Cold Damage pet.
I gave a Phoenix the "Arcane Pyromancy" ability, and he basically casts nothing but Magic Arrow, Fireball, Explosion, Flame Strike and Evil Omen now. His Necromancy skill was not raising at all (bug). Adding Corpse Skin to that list of spells would synergize well with it
I see virtually no differences between the Grasping Claw or Flurry Force abilities. They both reduce Physical Resist by the same amount. The only difference, is that Grasping Claw has a sparkle graphic when it occurs, and Flurry Force has no graphic, so it's easier to tell when Grasping Claw has been used.
As i mentioned above, the Shadow Wyrm is still underwhelming, especially considering he lowers his own melee damage output by Corpse Skinning his target.
Putting Whirlwind on a Saurosaurus now causes him to rapidly devour his Mana, since each hit he delivers and leeches life with, consumes 5 Mana. Can easily lose 60+ Mana in a single Whirlwind when hitting multiple targets. AI now seems to be the better option for a Saurosaurus.
I find it kind of funny how the Sabertooth Tiger, has less Health and Strength than the normal wild Tiger. Kind of counter intuitive.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I already told you, i'm not proposing the dropping of auto stable, it's the insta auto stable that is the problem. I just want to add a couple of mins on (And not having to retreive from stable creates an exploit)
Its no exploit, was done intended. Although I understand what you want to achieve, IMO I wouldn't wanted implemented, in the PVP aspect would make it realistic but for other players that dont do PVP would be like a nail of their foot, so I dont think its a good idea.

Turbo

Adventurer
Well this new update ruined my plans for a pet with chiv and discord. :/ Discord should not be in the magic category.

There just isnt enough info available on most of the abilities to figure out whats worth choosing. I mean specifics on damage and debuff amounts etc.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well this new update ruined my plans for a pet with chiv and discord. :/ Discord should not be in the magic category.

There just isnt enough info available on most of the abilities to figure out whats worth choosing. I mean specifics on damage and debuff amounts etc.
For the most part we have debugged ALOT. Period. However there are some questions we keep asking @Bleak & @Kyronix that keep going unanswered. Whether or not they even know the answers or they refuse it's getting a bit annoying. I have been testing as much as possible whenever I have time. Currently however I'm losing an hour a night to soloing champs on my home shard in preparation for the HUGE spike in demand for Powerscolls about to pop. Tactics and magery are going to effectively double in Price. I'm prepared to make a bit of coin.
Another issue is that a lot of testing requires maxed skills to effectively gauge its effectiveness in battle. With all the new mobs we can't just copy those over, we have to spend a few hours training them up. Until @Bleak and @Kyronix consider adding a training gate for skills, they need to keep this publish alive on Test for a while so that we can test out our combos on test and don't eat through our stable slots. (With the new drakes alone you're looking at 10 slots pre train with just one specific breed ).

We are trying to get this info on stratics as fast as we can, but it's gonna take a LOT of hours to get all this in the Great Big Book of Everything that we call Stratics or UOGuide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor