• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Housing System Being Reactivated September 27, 2016

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does the housing system have to be off to sell 1 month codes?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes no sense to me neither. You have 90 days till a house falls, being out of codes for a few weeks shouldnt be the end of the world. If it is that urgent you can always subscribe thru the website with a card....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does the housing system have to be off to sell 1 month codes?
It doesn't. It was turned off because of the cluster **** with the origin store not selling game time codes when they went to the new design so Mesanna turned off housing decay for the players until EA could get their **** together. Nobody knew it would be so short of a time.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's crazy how they actually care about the value of peoples houses and all but then add rare items (ie: mini house deeds) to the store to totally devalue them in game. :confused2:

Yeah i'm not happy about the mini house deeds!

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. What a terrible online store. I cannot buy more than 1 item at a time as it stands. I have to go through the checkout one item at a time, separately.
It's been this way for a long time. The new store didn't mess this up any more than it already was.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the shutting down of the housing server was a bit of an over-reaction. They shut off the server in the morning, but had the store selling game-time codes later in the afternoon. I don't think they needed to keep the server down for a week after that.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The store messed up on the 15th and the housing server was shut down on the 19th because BS could not get an answer form origin when they would be back and later that day almost that evening codes were back but during those 5 days peoples accounts timed out and no matter what you may think Mesanna did a GOOD thing by turning off the house decay with no ETA from EA it was the only thing she could do and sorry some of you are mad because she did it, stupidest thing I have ever heard, pissed at Mesanna for thinking of the players.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I am not mad about the housing, I was just curious how the two were related. My issue is with the store. I couldn't even submit a help message to them about the error because the forum to do so is all drop down menus and none include customer service about the store. ><

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i'm not happy about the mini house deeds!
You have pretty much always been able to buy stuff for real money. Now you can just buy it from an official channel rather than a 3rd party website.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The store messed up on the 15th and the housing server was shut down on the 19th because BS could not get an answer form origin when they would be back and later that day almost that evening codes were back but during those 5 days peoples accounts timed out and no matter what you may think Mesanna did a GOOD thing by turning off the house decay with no ETA from EA it was the only thing she could do and sorry some of you are mad because she did it, stupidest thing I have ever heard, pissed at Mesanna for thinking of the players.
Ehh, not mad. Mostly just annoyed because I can't do much with a house I was planning on customizing.

Of course, it'll all be moot after Tuesday.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
It was very nice indeed...a week off for Idocs and at least for me, was a noce opportunity to clean up some houses...organize...stock vendors and sleep.

This week will be really crazy...bc as we know as soon as the house server is ON the idocs time will be all screw up...because the "internal clock" for some of the "past due" accs will be over 94-95 days....meaning they will stage fasssst
So take as a "tip" :)
Lot of houses will drop at earlier stages :)

If you play the 90 days house system...you better apply your code today....or NOT ;)

Slam-ODR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
But what is Tuesday exact?

a) Start of the day Server time?
b) Start of the day Broadsword time?
c) After Server up on each shard?
d) The time they switched it off last tuesday?

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't order anything off of the store, it keeps telling me it's offline for the last 20-30 hours. Is anyone else having this problem? It's almost like they don't want money! o_O

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wth? I'm glad it's working for someone! I keep getting the message that the store is offline. :( I keep cache cleared after every session on all my browsers. I'm trying to use the ingame store and add credits but it just won't let me. I've tried 3 different browsers, fixing to try my phone's browser. Grrr.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am using the US Store and it is working fine for me and I thing UO Realtor uses the US Store also because of the price he just paid.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using the US Store and it is working fine for me and I thing UO Realtor uses the US Store also because of the price he just paid.
Thanks for confirming Frodo

This seems to be my problem on all browsers:

Attachments

Last edited:

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be your Mythic sign-in.
I finally got into the store by using IE even though it says that "online login is currently unavailable". The longer I am on the internet the more accounts I accumulate, it's to the point verging on ridiculous. At least the store worked finally before I had a stroke :stretcher: lol Thanks Frodo :)