• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Final TC1 Release for Pub 97

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, By 4pm ET today, April 11, 2017, we will be updating TC1 with the latest version of Publish 97 which includes the following changes. Be sure to patch up to the latest client to see the newest creatures. We are incredibly grateful to those who have taken the time to head over to TC1 to test and give feedback on Publish 97. This will be the final TC1 release as we are planning to publish Origin, Izumo, & Baja on Thursday, April 13, 2017. We have introduced the final batch of new creatures with this patch! Platinum & Crimson […]

Continue reading...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there not going to be any pet bug fixes??? (aside from those introduced with the new content)
I.E on Classic client when a pet takes damage the numbers come up RED (which is supposed to be for damage dealt) instead of YELLOW.

On Classic client you lose the health bar when someone mounts a pet (Friend/Foe)

Various exploits with insta stable/retrieve from stable auto pet log out/in.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In fact, are there going to be any bug fixes at all??? pet or otherwise??
We're getting guard wacked in active VvV towns... wtf is this FINAL pub??

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see that the pets being able to discord players has not been fixed. Is this problem going to be addressed?

That is gonna cause balance issues, when a pet can make you lose 24% of your skills and stats

Last edited:

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Guard whacked in VVV is kind of a concern....and I guess my silver speed proposal got shot down like my doom suggestion :(

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not just guard wacked, it's perma on your vvv record (if someone happened to be attacking you at the time) and you're also in stat.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Doesn't seem ready to go to final pub. Not everything has been worked out yet.
Kinda reminds me of that pub where they were doing the focused mage stuff and then it was like "go go go go release" where it probably needed 1 more reiteration and tweak to get where it needed to be.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm... Are platinum and crimson drakes supposed to be immature versions of their larger namesakes?

The larger versions who are sentient, talkative and, at least in the platinum's case, allies of Britannia? Without a massive retcon to the Warriors of Destiny arc, how does it make any fictional sense that their children would be allowed to be tamed/enslaved?

:facepalm:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhm... Are platinum and crimson drakes supposed to be immature versions of their larger namesakes?

The larger versions who are sentient, talkative and, at least in the platinum's case, allies of Britannia? Without a massive retcon to the Warriors of Destiny arc, how does it make any fictional sense that their children would be allowed to be tamed/enslaved?

:facepalm:
I always understood drakes to be their own race, related to dragons but lesser. They aren't the children of dragons.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And still no added stable slots... so guess I won't give a rats about this publish either.
Yes this is a strange omission. You are releasing new pets and changing things so that people want to use pets other than GD. This alone begs for more stable space. Then there is pet training where you can have a bunch of WWs, for example, all with different applications. That would require more space. And the third is that you cannot retrain pets - again need more space.
Speaking of which - is there a game play reason why pets cannot be retrained? Our characters can be retrained. Why not pets? If Pub 98 introduces changes that make my favorite pet's skills obsolete, why should not I be able to retrain it?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And something not in patch notes
Receive a special totem that can be used to enhance the chances rare colored pets will spawn! Use the totem to increase the chances of rare colors of the following creatures: Snow Leopard, Frost Spider, Nightmare, White Wyrm, Giant Toad, & Stygian Drake. Rare colored creatures spawned when a totem is in place can be tamed exclusively by the owner of the lure, their party, and guild for a short period. The totem comes with three charges and lasts for twenty minutes per use. Be sure to keep spawns cleared out so new creatures will spawn with an enhanced chance of rare colors!
Totem of Chromatic Fortune

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Subjugation of pets 3 slots or more sounds like that will be a issue... My tamer is fairly flexible but I would have to subjugate the new pet with my 3-5 slot pet go back to town and stable my pet and return, hope new pet has not left the subjugated state and then tame? Energy vortex on the new critters? what about tames in no gate/recall areas sounds like BS.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And something not in patch notes
Receive a special totem that can be used to enhance the chances rare colored pets will spawn! Use the totem to increase the chances of rare colors of the following creatures: Snow Leopard, Frost Spider, Nightmare, White Wyrm, Giant Toad, & Stygian Drake. Rare colored creatures spawned when a totem is in place can be tamed exclusively by the owner of the lure, their party, and guild for a short period. The totem comes with three charges and lasts for twenty minutes per use. Be sure to keep spawns cleared out so new creatures will spawn with an enhanced chance of rare colors!
Totem of Chromatic Fortune
Sounds like a store item.....looks like I'm gonna be buying more Sovereign :)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would also like to point out that this seems way too early for a final release. Please give it some more time and testing. Most importantly please double check if allowing pets to discord other players is an intended feature and if so please think very hard about the consequences for PvP this will have! There is a reason why statloss is a way of keeping people out of a fight. Letting pets discord other players is basically forcing them to fight in statloss. Not a good idea unless there are ways to counter this!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Subjugation of pets 3 slots or more sounds like that will be a issue... My tamer is fairly flexible but I would have to subjugate the new pet with my 3-5 slot pet go back to town and stable my pet and return, hope new pet has not left the subjugated state and then tame? Energy vortex on the new critters? what about tames in no gate/recall areas sounds like BS.
Get friends? have a guild? How do you tame a greater dragon?

I bring friends to beat them down/kill them for me :) Had my BFF help me with a triceratops on test...nasty spawn around those things but friends makes it much easier.

I'm thrilled about the changes, time to empty out my stables! Yeah I don't need more stable slots...21? I think is the max? is more then enough imo.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would also like to point out that this seems way too early for a final release. Please give it some more time and testing. Most importantly please double check if allowing pets to discord other players is an intended feature and if so please think very hard about the consequences for PvP this will have! There is a reason why statloss is a way of keeping people out of a fight. Letting pets discord other players is basically forcing them to fight in statloss. Not a good idea unless there are ways to counter this!
Have to be real careful with how they fix that, otherwise they can end up breaking the "Satyr Trick", which is the only way to train skills like Lockpicking/Cartography and retain your sanity.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually just lead tame GDs on foot. No subjugation, no Peace, no Honor. It's going to feel kind of wrong though having to subjugate a Cu Sidhe before you can tame it. Not to mention it won't stay in subjugation for more than a few seconds, due to self healing with bandies. Phoenix is going to be even more of a nightmare to tame then. As soon as you bring their Health low, they rapidly begin spamming Greater Heals to bring their Health back up.
Unless the Subjugation disables the self healing portion of their AI, this "3+ Slot Pets Require Subjugation" seems like a bad change that didn't have much thought put into it. Even if there was Healing AI suppression, a lot of Tamer templates don't have the damage output by themselves to bring something to subjugation. My Disco/Tamer for example can only deal damage by himself with MBs (Mind Blast) or summons such as EVs. Those won't do crap to something like a Cu Sidhe.

Last edited:

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I bring friends to beat them down/kill them for me :) Had my BFF help me with a triceratops on test...nasty spawn around those things but friends makes it much easier.

I'm thrilled about the changes, time to empty out my stables! Yeah I don't need more stable slots...21? I think is the max? is more then enough imo.
Guilds and friends are not aways on or an option. Solo play no longer viable? Greater dragons are doable with area peace and the use of honor and that can be tricky without having to subjugate the damn things too. Also There are still some of us that do not multi client, and some with just one account...

I Did not even think of what PlayerskillFTW put out there about the Cu and such, greaters spam GH too.

Subjugation will be an issue.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I play a mage tamer...no spellweaving, no honor, no peacemaking...I usually beat down everything I tame just to slow them down...and I've died..A LOT! lol but it's never a problem...just a challenge....please don't give us an easy button.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to transfer crimson drake to other player and keep crashing classic client 100%
:grrr:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are people complaining about not enough testing being done on the latest publish........it's not like they ever tested anything else they ever released to live....... :stir:
He he, I think they have a budget of 2-3 major problems that they can fix once the publish hits Test. Anything above that - you better learn to like it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where is it specified? In the previous Ultima Bestiaries, it referred to drakes as cousins to dragons (specifically the Ultima 6 manual).
Origin/EA's official strategy guides don't give a fictional blurb to creatures like the old Ultima games did. Annoyingly, the old Ultima bestiaries were inconsistent in what they said. In Ultima VI (the first time drakes are in an Ultima game), they are "cousins." In Ultima VII (the last time drakes appear), they are listed as "a dragon that has not yet fully grown to adulthood, a process that takes several hundred years." Fictionally, one could ascribe this discrepancy to an increased understanding of the 'natural world' gained between visits by the Avatar. (the Ultima Wiki also goes with the young dragon interpretation.)

Both Stratics and UOGuide also refer to them as young dragons.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix

I'd like to know the status of the fix to in-game books Mesanna mentioned at the February 13th M&G on Siege...

Eshelle 2nd
Eshelle 4 or more yrs ago it was said that in game books would be 'fixed' so they could be read in both clients.
Eshelle When is this going to happen? It seriously impedes player run events.
Eshelle If you can't fix the EC books, can't you put in the CC code for them and get rid of the EC format completely?
Eshelle lol
Bleak We are still looking into this issue.
Eshelle well sorry but kinda seems to be taking a while
Eshelle has been 8 yrs
Eshelle since the first request
Eshelle dont mean to be pushy
Mesanna ok look at it from our view point also
Mesanna we can do new quests
Mesanna or new game play things for the game
Mesanna we can do a nice new pet revamp
Mesanna or we can stop and fix the books
Eshelle it would just be nice to be able to write a book that eveyone can read is all
Mesanna I know you guys want the books fixed
Mesanna and if we have any free time between publishes
Mesanna we will try our best to add it in
Eshelle anyways, makes i t hard when you want to advertise things and ppl cant read your book:) just would like it on the radar again:)
Mesanna we have been getting a few bugs fixed each publish
Eshelle thanks
Mesanna but it also determines just how hard this is going to be to fix
Mesanna the last time we tried this
Mesanna it messed up and we reverted it
Mesanna but
Mesanna Bleak thinks he does have a solution
Mesanna again its time we are lacking
Mesanna I will not blow smoke and tell you we will look into it
Eshelle ok well that is all i have
Mesanna we will try to fit it in this publish if we can
Mesanna that is if we can
Eshelle that would be great lots of scholars out there but if i open their books i trash em
Mesanna we will try to get this fixed we all know the players want it
Eshelle aye
Eshelle thankyou
Mesanna thank you
Mesanna have a good evening
This is an eagerly anticipated fix.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Adding significant new things and changes to a "final test" is a worry, fortunately Ive been busy over the last few weeks training 2 new tamers on free character slots I have, Ill use these 2 to carry out additional "testing" for a couple of months before I mess with any of the pets my long established tamers have...

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"All pets 3 slots and above now require subjugation to tame."

Why? What is the justification of this mechanic wise or lore wise? Honest question, have folks been flooding emails saying that being able to tame a Cu without kicking the crap out of it is unfair? I doubt that very much.

Just why? That change alone is enough to kill any excitement I had finally mustered after the first round of TC.

"Peace tamers, screw those guys. Lead tamers, eat a bag of *****. Honor tamers, go sit on a stick. Spellweaving tamers, get bent. Subjugation tamers, you're cool, come on in to the party." -- Mesanna, Pet Revamp Staff Meeting

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
New reason to do Kotl City??

Kotl.png

"Peace tamers, screw those guys. Lead tamers, eat a bag of *****. Honor tamers, go sit on a stick. Spellweaving tamers, get bent. Subjugation tamers, you're cool, come on in to the party."
Taming a deadly beast should be hard...

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"All pets 3 slots and above now require subjugation to tame."

Why? What is the justification of this mechanic wise or lore wise? Honest question, have folks been flooding emails saying that being able to tame a Cu without kicking the crap out of it is unfair? I doubt that very much.

Just why? That change alone is enough to kill any excitement I had finally mustered after the first round of TC.

"Peace tamers, screw those guys. Lead tamers, eat a bag of *****. Honor tamers, go sit on a stick. Spellweaving tamers, get bent. Subjugation tamers, you're cool, come on in to the party." -- Mesanna, Pet Revamp Staff Meeting
They nerfed eval tamers too as can no longer benefit from bless spell on a pet. That quelled my interest on this pub right there.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've got a bad feeling about this.
Final release on test then origin 2 days from now. This spells disaster.
And what is it with that non-sense all pets 3 slots or above need subjugation?
Playing video games should be fun, not a chore.

I can dual client with a dexxer and put those beasts into subjugation, but what is the point of it?
I can't use my peace/disco/tamer alone to tame the most powerful beasts? Why not?
I fairy tales, music is often used to tame or lure powerful beasts, but now we can't do it on UO anymore. Swell.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I give up... There is no reasoning with them... they continue to ignore the issue of stable slots. IMO they just do most of what they do to appease people but end up pretty much giving everyone a firm stick in the ***... I don't need it.

Now instead of being excited about the upcoming changes I'm just irritated. I'm not throwing out all the pets in my stables. They are my well cared for companions and have been for many, many years. This just serves to piss me off.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right, I noticed that right away. That was the 1st thing I do when my pet attacks something.
Yeah, that was the straw that broke the camel's back per say. The complexity of the whole thing was hard to swallow, but was up for it in the beginning, then
as I messed around on test and was starting to think I don't love taming THAT much to learn a whole new difficult system, the NO BLESS for pets sealed the
"nope, outta here" for me.

Magery has always been my first love, and is nice to have a pet that does not dispel and all, but meh, have already stoned back on mystic/focus/weaving
instead of tame/lore/vet as secondary skill set again.

Really I think most tamers just wanted some other pets to be viable other than a GD.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that i'm done patching (slow rural internet), i ran into the Twisted Weald on an Elf Tamer, and sure enough, you now have to subjugate Cu Sidhes to tame them. It doesn't take much damage to subjugate them (bring them down to 85% Health), but they can self heal themselves out of subjugation.
Ran into a Stygian Drake at the spawn that drops Essence of Precision, just South of the Stygian Abyss side entrance to the Tomb of Kings. All Stygian Drakes appear to have Magery Mastery, and will actually incant the spells they're casting ("Rel Por" when they Teleport on you, "Kal Vas Flam" when they FS, etc) when wild. They don't incant the spells anymore when tamed.