• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Enhanced Client Bug Fix

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are putting out a new client today to fix an issue in the Enhanced Client. We are planning on publishing to Origin, Izumo, and Baja by Thursday May 19th if all goes as planned. Resolved enhanced client generic gump issue which caused certain text to not or incorrectly display. Thanks again for all the feedback and keep it coming! UO Team

Continue reading...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't really comment on this because I have no idea what it's referring to - ?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The ghost mobs in EC still haven't been fixed after the latest patch.
Yeah I know, that's what I'm screaming about. The only time I use the EC is at spawns and community hunts, and the ghost mobs (which seems to me there are more than there used to be) are rapidly making me move completely away from it

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kryonix and @Bleak Yes please fix the ghost imaging and the rubber banding! Do you guys actually understand what is happening? The ghosts are not only ghosts but appear alive and it completely messes up any targetting macro. This has gone on far too long and it is the most frustrating, irritating thing in game to me and I cannot tell you how many times it has got me killed at the turtle spawn. Please Devs Fix This NOW!!

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I find the ghost imaging to be irritating, but the position desync happens way more often to me due to my high ping and gets me killed a lot at spawns and when trying to do Corgul.
"Come on, attack the bloody monster that is right next to you! *smashes the attack nearest enemy macro key*" Then you close and open your paper doll and suddenly you see why you weren't attacking. While the EC thought you were at that position so the macro was targeting that monster, you actually were 3 to 5 tiles to whatever other direction and now the screen is looking grey and I punch my desk.

It is extremely annoying as well.

We need those bugs fixed, @Kyronix and @Bleak

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get both the ghost mobs and also the desync issue.

Do the bar at Shadowguard. Stop to grab a bottle and 9 times out of 10 it will then jump a square and move my character.

The ghost mobs popup all over the place. Spawns being the most annoying. I even get ghost players showing.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The desync also happens really often at tram or fel Golden Elemental room in Dungeon Blackthorn.
But it more egregious at fel spawns, when my character jumps 3 to 5 tiles away.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone I know who plays the EC has the ghost mob problem and the random desynch issue, thus its not likely a hardware-related issue. Everyone would also like it fixed. Both issues are especially pronounced at spawns and laggy situations (EM events, etc).

I'm also still randomly seeing naked characters, though this is far less common than it used to be.