• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Dread Horn Encounter Issue

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Customer Service
2013 Feb 14 15:17 GMT
We have confirmed an issue with pets at the Peerless Dread Horn Encounter. Until further notice please do not use your pets at the encounter. We hope to have a fix in place soon.

Thank you for your patience.
en

Continue reading...

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guildie lost his dread there, shame that this game has become so unpredictable.. cant do anything without the chance of losing something..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Guildie lost his dread there, shame that this game has become so unpredictable.. cant do anything without the chance of losing something..
That would hurt. Not like you could just go out and tame a new one.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not just the Dread Horn Area.

I've witness a player lose his Dragon after joining me in a Glade Spawn.

I wish the Devs Team resources were devoted to fixing issues like this and other rather than the current publish we have going on.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Are they announcing this in game at all? With these types of insane things happening, and tossing a thing up on UHALL and hoping somebody that's in game at that moment about to loose their pet, or be unable to place their house back down after resizing will see it is um.. uh. yeah. I said it before, I'll say it again. Say this in the game somehow via a system message. If this is too hard to do, go download some script bot thing that tons of players are using without any punishment despite it being against the Terms of Service and program it to spam this once an hour or something.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish the Devs Team resources were devoted to fixing issues like this and other rather than the current publish we have going on.
Did you miss the GARGANTUAN bug fix publish or something? I'm sorry you don't like the current publish..... maybe if you ask nicely they will throw in some eye candy since that seems to be what you want most out of this game.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are they announcing this in game at all?
Usually it shows up when loading the game, this time it didn't. However do you see the [UO.COM] tag on the title? That means they DID NOT post it on Stratics. This was posted on their website (www.uo.com). Stratics uses a RSS feed or similar to pull those posts from uo.com and put it in a thread here. Why do people constantly think that they post directly to Stratics? They simply reply to responses on Stratics.

Given that, they need to ensure this message gets added to the messages on game start-up, or have a warning when entering the Twisted Wield.

Last edited:

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Why do people constantly think that they post directly to Stratics? They simply reply to responses on Stratics.

Given that, they need to ensure this message gets added to the messages on game start-up, or have a warning when entering the Twisted Wield.
I thought they posted to UHALL because I'm speshul I suppose. I also don't care how or why this winds up on UHALL. These types of severely debilitating issues (not sure how severe a video game issue can be.. it's a game.. but uh.. Hmm) should be broadcast in game.. if it's been broadcast on an RSS feed or shouted over a loud speaker at some Mexican Cantina accompanied with some spicy Mariachi music blaring along side it then it is evident somebody cared enough to verify it's an issue. I have a hard time believing the average player is watching an RSS feed like a hawk and just knows to check the Stratics Forums every day before he logs in to make sure his or her game is broken.

I have played for many years, and have only very rarely seen any in game announcements pertaining to bugs or current issues. And then as you said, on log in. And if you're logging into a character with a bunch of jewelry on, or stat increasing/decreasing equipment, that 1 little greyed out system message (in 2d client) is gobbled up on the side of the screen.

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought they posted to UHALL because I'm speshul I suppose. I also don't care how or why this winds up on UHALL. These types of severely debilitating issues (not sure how severe a video game issue can be.. it's a game.. but uh.. Hmm) should be broadcast in game.. if it's been broadcast on an RSS feed or shouted over a loud speaker at some Mexican Cantina accompanied with some spicy Mariachi music blaring along side it then it is evident somebody cared enough to verify it's an issue. I have a hard time believing the average player is watching an RSS feed like a hawk and just knows to check the Stratics Forums every day before he logs in to make sure his or her game is broken.

I have played for many years, and have only very rarely seen any in game announcements pertaining to bugs or current issues. And then as you said, on log in. And if you're logging into a character with a bunch of jewelry on, or stat increasing/decreasing equipment, that 1 little greyed out system message (in 2d client) is gobbled up on the side of the screen.
Again you don't understand what I was saying. THEY POSTED IT ON UO.COM! Stratics used RSS technology to pull if from UO.COM and post on STRATICS. The average player needs not know anything about RSS technology. Did you also miss the point that I made agreeing with you that they missed posting it on the messages section when you start the game (not log in but on start up when patcher is checking files) or when you enter Twisted Wield, something anyways. Instead you want to make a rant and bash me for explaining WHY the post ended up on Stratics and every other UO fansite etc.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Again you don't understand what I was saying.

Instead you want to make a rant and bash me for explaining WHY the post ended up on Stratics and every other UO fansite etc.
Uhm, I understood perfectly what you were saying. And where did I bash you? Did it hurt? Are you bashed because I responded to you? Take a chill pill my man.

(Honestly though, I'd like to see where any bashing I did to you happened. I just re-read what I typed, and if anything it appears I'm bashing myself? If something I say makes you take offense, just think to yourself this
person is posting with a picture of their pet cat, and talks about cinnamon rolls. They are also mildly entertaining, and actually means well despite their livid ranting on certain problems with Ultima Online. Rarely will the Onion attempt to "bash" someone just cause. Onion likes to talk to people. Meow)

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok everyone.
All this fighting over RSS Feeds, surely someone in here knows what was actually going on.
What was it?
-Galen's player

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ok everyone.
All this fighting over RSS Feeds, surely someone in here knows what was actually going on.
What was it?
-Galen's player
Various cases of pet disappearances when attempting to enter the Dread Horn fight.

Like people reporting that their pets just straight up getting deleted off the game. Nasty stuff that.

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Various cases of pet disappearances when attempting to enter the Dread Horn fight.
As in they just vanished? Turned wild? Got dispelled?

Or you literally mean that you clicked "OK" to enter the encounter, and your pets poofed?

-Galen's player

Last edited:

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We were doing a dread run when a guildies pet just disappeared. Was in the middle of the fight. His followers just dropped to zero and pet was no where to be found. Needless to say, he was a little upset. This was maybe a month ago.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We were doing a dread run when a guildies pet just disappeared. Was in the middle of the fight. His followers just dropped to zero and pet was no where to be found. Needless to say, he was a little upset. This was maybe a month ago.
!!!

Wow.

And only Dread Horn?

-Galen's player

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was training a fresh dragon on swoops and stepped back into the cave to go make some lunch, came back and my pet was gone... Not wild, just gone. My guess is someone started dreadhorn, but I was not even in the weld and lost a pet. My suggestion is to keep your pets far away until this gets resolved.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It seems a Poofing Pets Problem Permeates Peoples Primetime Playing, Pertaining Particular Peerless.
The deliberate dosing of dubious doggerel doesn't define a defense. Regular readers request rapid replies regarding rogue roaches in the system.

Though thanks for the alliteration, it's always fun to play with words.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This needs to stay near the top until the issue is resolved. Just saying.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry once again this is falling too far down the page needs to stay near the top.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well damn. No fix still? I haven't been playing but if I come back I'd probably start with a few Dread Horn solo runs. I'm assuming that if my only pet is a mount it should be fine? Shame I won't be able to use my lesser hiryu though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have heard of someone losing their Paroxy dragon so do be careful..... at this point I'd take a gargoyle... no pets and no mounts to lose that way.

And I still think Gargoyles should be 100% uneffected by the slow sands.

Lord Malachi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm just happy they finally decided to take notice. It's only happened to me personally two times. Most recently was back in either November or December where I died in DH area, and my paroxys dragon instantly vanished leaving no followers, no corpse, and not stabled. Instead of looking into this gaping flaw, which DOES severely affect game play, our developers made sure to devote time to fixing the "can't clothing bless deed an elven shirt". I paged a GM the night of the last incident, and got a reply a week later asking if I was having problems with my pet. After being told there was nothing that could be done, I thanked him for his ineptness, and told him the devs did a fine job of keeping 3rd party sellers in business.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm just happy they finally decided to take notice. It's only happened to me personally two times. Most recently was back in either November or December where I died in DH area, and my paroxys dragon instantly vanished leaving no followers, no corpse, and not stabled. Instead of looking into this gaping flaw, which DOES severely affect game play, our developers made sure to devote time to fixing the "can't clothing bless deed an elven shirt". I paged a GM the night of the last incident, and got a reply a week later asking if I was having problems with my pet. After being told there was nothing that could be done, I thanked him for his ineptness, and told him the devs did a fine job of keeping 3rd party sellers in business.
I'm starting to believe that the DEV's have some sort of on the side business going with the 3rd party sellers since they seem to enjoy making things stupid rare and extremely hard to get.... as well as making it so EM rares fall mostly to the Xshard trading Wraith form Gargoyle throwers so they can sell them for insane prices on other shards and those that really would treasure the items and care about the events get NOTHING.

Lord Malachi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm starting to believe that the DEV's have some sort of on the side business going with the 3rd party sellers since they seem to enjoy making things stupid rare and extremely hard to get.... .
I have thought this myself for a while. There is zero reason that dupes can't be stopped. I remember when vine cords were being duped on a ridiculous level, but the devs stepped in, banned a ton of accounts, deleted all but 1 known pair of vine cords, and over 1 trillion in duped gold checks.
Now almost everything in luna is duped, from Scrapper books to replicas/server birth items, hell I'm 100% sure my non replica gladiator collar is a dupe. Seems really strange one group of developers COULD stop it, but the last few we've had seem to be disinclined to do anything about it other than making it where they can't be placed on a vendor...