• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Developer Interview

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Community News
2013 Mar 05 17:29 GMT
An interview with Ultima Online's Lead QA, Michael "Misk" Armstrong, was recently published on the UO Forums. The interview contains lots of interesting information such as where the name Misk came from and what's the biggest challenge in supporting UO. Be sure to head over to the UO Forums to check it out.

Continue reading...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Q: How did you end up working on UO's Dev team?
A: Simply put Bonnie was offered a promotion. Prior to the move out to Virginia we had come out for a visit and during the visit I interviewed with Mythic’s QA management team and was offered the job. I had played the game for years and I have always been extremely detail oriented which were viewed as very high pluses. If she had not been offered the promotion, more than likely I would still be working at an accounting firm.

Q: Before doing QA for UO what did you do?

A: I had worked for a small accounting firm in San Diego for about 10 years. I also did some independent contractor bookkeeping for several small businesses.

:thumbsup: