• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Baja Dev M&G on April 26, 2021

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4/22/2021 Greetings, The next Dev Meet & Greet will be held on Monday, April 26, 2021 at 9pm ET. In our April newsletter the date was inadvertently listed as the 22nd. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to see you Monday evening! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hope you have a great Birthday!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder you all, remember there is a meeting tonight I will not be there
Thanks for the reminder! Enjoy your birthday today!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder that today is Drakelords birthday. He can't be here today because it's his birthday, so this is just a reminder of why he can't be here, because it's his birthday. Post made in jest....sort of...happy birthday though :p

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Somebody ask who the project manager for NL is and when we can get an update regarding timeline and feature roadmap. I’d love to get a chuckle from the answer.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Somebody ask who the project manager for NL is and when we can get an update regarding timeline and feature roadmap. I’d love to get a chuckle from the answer.
We are planning our next Dev Hangout for early June, so keep an eye on UO.com and your inbox for updates and to take part in that stream!

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are planning our next Dev Hangout for early June, so keep an eye on UO.com and your inbox for updates and to take part in that stream!
I‘ll be surprised if the hangout is any better / informative than the last. Here’s to hoping they provide an actual update instead of more “trust us guys, we’re doing cool stuff and it’s going to have cool things”

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I‘ll be surprised if the hangout is any better / informative than the last. Here’s to hoping they provide an actual update instead of more “trust us guys, we’re doing cool stuff and it’s going to have cool things”
didn't they say last time, that the next streaming would be about crafting and skill building?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So we'll get to watch someone sitting there making the same item for 20 min?
Nah... just a 30 second clip of someone making "fur plate" which is basically just platemail that we have now with some fur on it... takes 20 ingots and 2 furs.... mind.... blown. :banana:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So we'll get to watch someone sitting there making the same item for 20 min?
They said they would avoid that and make skill gains quest based. But you will pancake about that also. And won't log in there either. So why bother complaining about something you won't do.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the reminder! Enjoy your birthday today!
I won´t be able to make it myself but could you, or someone else, if you´re going there ask them if there´s gonna be another castle design contest this year?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I won´t be able to make it myself but could you, or someone else, if you´re going there ask them if there´s gonna be another castle design contest this year?
That would take less effort than removing items at banks.

I just ran around Baja in Britain. They have a lot of plants scattered all over the place.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would take less effort than removing items at banks.

I just ran around Baja in Britain. They have a lot of plants scattered all over the place.
And it is not the only Bank/City to have Deco added, so is she gonna wipe them too.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone go, went to hospital to visit wife and have dinner with her so was unable to attend.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone go? I could not attend because dad had a very bad night, dementia sucks. Will there be a transcript?

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was there, but I did t pay very close attention after I got my question in. It was just Kyronix and Bleak. Messana was MIA. I actually don’t think Bleak answered any questions so it was really just Q&A with Kyronix. I asked if LRC/FC/FCR are included in their plans new legacy at this point in development. Kyronix said there will be no LRC and FC/FCR are still under consideration. From the questions I DID watch it was pretty boring and uneventful. The standard “my cu is bugged” or “I lost an item” totally worthless garbage (only pertains to me) questions. I guess that’s why I got bored and stopped reading.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
oh wow, no lrc! back to the days of carrying regs and camping the mage shops to buy regs.

i remember those days. trying to stay away from the thieves and picking up regs that someone dropped because they were overweight. i like it. reminds me of the old uo days.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kyronix seems to always be the only person who answers questions apart from Mesanna, I don't think the others bother paying attention, too many times Mesanna says 'Bleak, what do you think' or 'maybe Bleak can answer that' and there is just silence.
Because Bleak is trying to get his 56k modem to work and his AOL to reconnect :hahaha:

I will say that out of all the interactions I've had with the Dev team (not a ton) that Kyronix seems like he is the most knowledgeable and will actually have some substance to his replies.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those M&Gs are always super cringe to me. Someone always kisses too much butt during their opening statement and someone else has to always RP something stupid, that's not the time, ask your question using big boy/girl language not some silly "meebz youbz" language..that's not RP. As for M&Gs in general. I've never played on a freeshard, but I know from others posts and YT videos that they get quite creative with their content. Does anyone know if those people running those actually have M&Gs with players to get those ideas, or do they just implement them because, you know, they actually "play" the game too and know what would be nice to have and what would be a waste of development time ?

Again, I know some love the interaction they think they're getting with the devs, (some to the point of actually attending every M&G on every shard which is beyond weird but oh well) I've just never been a fan of the whole thing and have always thought the same thing can be accomplished with simple Forum conversations, as long as they're not so heavily moderated that you can't even have a discussion.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
someone else has to always RP something stupid, that's not the time, ask your question using big boy/girl language not some silly "meebz youbz" language..

That is called being a "fake goblin". It used to be cute and funny when Ozog did it , he was the original goblin.
These fakes don't have the humor or creativity to pull it off so it sounds like it does.

Also doesnt help when the devs play along or encourage this stupidity .....

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is called being a "fake goblin". It used to be cute and funny when Ozog did it , he was the original goblin.
These fakes don't have the humor or creativity to pull it off so it sounds like it does.

Also doesnt help when the devs play along or encourage this stupidity .....
Eh... Any RP is better than no RP. The goblin's ability to stay in character throughout all forms of conversation is admirable. Though it's not quite my style, at least they are in character which is more than most people do. Hate on them all you want but RP is what this game was made for and it is still probably the best game for facilitating RP to this day. I wish the devs would do more to promote RP, but that would be ignoring the 98% of players that don't care about that. It's very sad.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Eh... Any RP is better than no RP. The goblin's ability to stay in character throughout all forms of conversation is admirable. Though it's not quite my style, at least they are in character which is more than most people do. Hate on them all you want but RP is what this game was made for and it is still probably the best game for facilitating RP to this day. I wish the devs would do more to promote RP, but that would be ignoring the 98% of players that don't care about that. It's very sad.
"Fake goblins "

You forgot the key word here ....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those M&Gs are always super cringe to me. Someone always kisses too much butt during their opening statement and someone else has to always RP something stupid, that's not the time, ask your question using big boy/girl language not some silly "meebz youbz" language..that's not RP. As for M&Gs in general. I've never played on a freeshard, but I know from others posts and YT videos that they get quite creative with their content. Does anyone know if those people running those actually have M&Gs with players to get those ideas, or do they just implement them because, you know, they actually "play" the game too and know what would be nice to have and what would be a waste of development time ?

Again, I know some love the interaction they think they're getting with the devs, (some to the point of actually attending every M&G on every shard which is beyond weird but oh well) I've just never been a fan of the whole thing and have always thought the same thing can be accomplished with simple Forum conversations, as long as they're not so heavily moderated that you can't even have a discussion.
Most free servers make their own stuff learning to code... they may download the server program but from that moment on they suck themselves down their own rabbit holes... many focus on Pre-AoS full-on PvP stuff... which I guess is ok... but some focus purely on aesthetics... making amazing changes... some try to make a profit and some just do it for the love of the game... some share, some don't... some advertise others do not... it is kinda a mixed bag... some have been around almost as long as production... while there are probably a dozen or more started and die off every day.