• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ask & Answer No. 18

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
Posted by Tim Chappell | 2013 Mar 25 16:21 -0400 GMT

We have received another list of questions for our developers from the fan sites and many of the questions this week are related to crafting. If you have any crafting questions or other UO related questions, be sure and submit them to your favorite fan site so our developers can answer them.

UOCraft.com

Regarding Powder of Fortification: would it be possible to add a menu option that asks how many PoF charges to apply to an item, instead of clicking over and over for each charge? (Coral)

Kyronix: we have gotten this request several times on various items. It will take a bit to get all the items but we will add this to our growing list of things to do in the future.

Would it be possible to add Greater Dragons to the list of animals accepted as donations to the Moonglow Zoo? They're feeling left out, since their dragon and drake buddies are allowed in. (Kitiara)

Kyronix: Sure, although they will need some serious hunks of meat to satiate their massive draconic appetites.

UO Stratics

Could spellweaving spell scrolls be put for sale on Npcs or made scribable? Excluding those which can only be obtained through quests. It can be difficult to get a full set from killing monsters. (XLaCeDX)

Kyronix: Adding them to NPC’s would undermine the content of the game but I do understand your position and we will give you other options such as finding scrolls in treasure chests in the future.

Why is it that the make max option can use tools up to 9999 uses, and yet… a GM tinker will make GM marked tools 50 uses to around 150? When I set down to make a mass amount of potions, I have to first sit and make a bag-full of tools and weed out anything that’s under 100 uses. You would have to think that a master tinker that has made countless tools her whole life is making rubbish like you would find at “Harbor Freight”, when it should be more like “Craftsman”. It's clear we can't make a tool that will last a lifetime, but wouldn’t 500 uses and up be more realistic? Maybe even over a thousand? It would sure make life easier on those hard-core vendor owners that deal with large traffic.
Please consider it? Not only would it make life easier on crafters… it would help cut down on extra items in our containers and in our backpacks.
Thanks. (EvilPixieWorks)

Kyronix: I could see doubling the current range of max uses an exceptionally crafted tool has to ease the burden of crafters. Although then I won’t have a use for the chests full of mortars and pestle :p

Will fish ever be upgraded to a resource? dbl crab, lobster and fish? ( Nails)

Kyronix: I’m guessing you are referring to the dbl resources you get in Felucca? This isn’t something we’ve talked about and have no plans to make this change.

Currently, blessed items do not get re-equiped after resurrection and clicking your corpse.
You die, you get resurrected, you click your corpse -- insured items get re-equiped, blessed items stay in your pack and are NOT re-equiped. Can this be fixed please?

Misk: There is currently a problem report in the system regarding this issue. This should be resolved in a future publish.

Can you please explain in detail how loyalty works for them. I had my quests up to 5 and 6 part orders with all fish types, and now all of a sudden I'm getting single orders of 20 inshore fish. I've been doing them non stop with no breaks for loyalty to decay. (Lord Lew)

Mesanna: Not really sure what your question is here but the only way for your loyalty to decay with the fish mongers is you bail out on a quest.

More Haven Skills?
we still have many skills that are not available as a new player quest. Skills like animal taming, veterinary, animal lore, fishing, throwing, and so forth. Will we be getting those added i personal would love to a cool named blessed fishing pole that would have maybe a small fishing skill or bait bonus and spell chaneling. (l_katana0011)

Mesanna: Our plates are pretty focused with the things we have said we are doing first. I will add this to the list though of future publishes.

Reforged Items & EnhancingCan you look into adding a tag or label onto reforged equipment so that it will identify what it has been enhanced with? This serves two purposes, 1 when you dye an item, it's hard to know what it has been enhanced with, or if it is even enhanced at all, and 2 it combats unscrupulous merchants who will craft an item, enhance it with special materials, dye it, then bleach it back to plain base hue. A simple tag "Enhanced with xxxxx" or labeling in the name would be great! (Lord Malachi)

Mesanna: We agree and I know you guys think this is a common answer but our list just keeps growing. Its added!
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Mar 25 16:21 GMT

Currently, blessed items do not get re-equiped after resurrection and clicking your corpse.
You die, you get resurrected, you click your corpse -- insured items get re-equiped, blessed items stay in your pack and are NOT re-equiped. Can this be fixed please?

Misk: There is currently a problem report in the system regarding this issue. This should be resolved in a future publish.

Continue reading...
Thats worth more than everything thats being added for publish 81

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can you please explain in detail how loyalty works for them. I had my quests up to 5 and 6 part orders with all fish types, and now all of a sudden I'm getting single orders of 20 inshore fish. I've been doing them non stop with no breaks for loyalty to decay. (Lord Lew)

Mesanna: Not really sure what your question is here but the only way for your loyalty to decay with the fish mongers is you bail out on a quest.
Um........ That would be I go along turning in Fishing Quests and they go along fine and I start finally getting requests for 5 and 6 part orders of 20 fish each and then all the sudden without me quitting a quest or anything the next quest I get I drop back down to them asking me for just 10 shore fish... Even though I have NOT quit a quest for any of the Fish Mongers. Why can't I keep getting decent quests if I keep filling them??? Why do I always get bumped back down to low end quests though I haven't lost loyalty???

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Um........ That would be I go along turning in Fishing Quests and they go along fine and I start finally getting requests for 5 and 6 part orders of 20 fish each and then all the sudden without me quitting a quest or anything the next quest I get I drop back down to them asking me for just 10 shore fish... Even though I have NOT quit a quest for any of the Fish Mongers. Why can't I keep getting decent quests if I keep filling them??? Why do I always get bumped back down to low end quests though I haven't lost loyalty???
It has always seemed to me that the fishing quests are set up on cycles, from low to high and repeat. Gaining reputation seems to affect the upward boundary of the quests without raising the lower threshold in proportion. Not that I think it SHOULD be this way, just what I have observed... Probably why I gave up on the fishing quests.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will We Have the chance to see fey slayer musical instruments soon ?
I mean with bards spell songs now I think you could easily throw in a Fey Slayer Renewal Instrument drop on Scalis maybe ? or Charybdis with a nice song (by the way the bard songs do not actually ' play a song ingame'' which I would like new songs much like the new sound from Aud-char instrument that I like . Thanks (Quickblade)

My question has no answer, please I would like an answer thanks

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yaaargh mateys, legendary fish-meister Nemo Herringwary here, answerin' the questions they didn't understand! Although they did explain it somewhere else... The quest roll for Lines first, then Fish to fill those lines. So you can roll a 1 to 6 at any time, it's not related to the reputation you have.

Once you have the lines, it then adds in the fish. These used to cycle back down to 5 from 20, but have since been fixed, so if you fish 10 Rainbow Trout, the next time it is chosen to fill a quest line, it will be 15, then 20, and then stay at 20... unless you abandon a quest with Rainbow Trout, at which point it drops to 15 the next time it appears.

Dungeon Fish will only appear in a quest above 106 fishing skill (I think) so you will need a 110 scroll first to get the higher point quests. Otherwise the type is random. Nemo will always get 20 of every fish as he's done about 800 and covered every possible fish type, but if you check the sticky in fishing where most of them are mine, you'll see he still gets 20x Shore Fish and always will. You will get 10x Shore Fish only until that type is completed 3x in any quest.

As for the loot tables... I explain my thinking elsewhere on the fisher's forum; let's just say, it never gets any better or any easier to understand!

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We are really concerned with how many times i need to pof something? Seriously? Take a math class.
How about having pof combine so i dont need 200 bottles at 10 charges.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Dev needs to look at the list s here of what small changes and things we would like to see... i mean before the doors get closed due to escaping players form EA's grasp.
Tools .double really Kyronix??? WE too have trouble with that chest full of mortars & pestels... Try making a tool combiner we can use to up a master tool to say a max # of uses. We still wouldhave tocraft them and no storage woes ...
16 years and still no improvement on this simple thing is beyond anoying.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ill answer the questions for next week before you ask

1.well someone asked this in 1999 and the team still can not figure it out sorry

2.we are working on this for a future publish

3.we been talking about this all day over dougnuts and...... i think weare just going to leave it be

4.it is set to be released in an upcoming publish

5.this will happen in a month that ends in "R"

6.stop collecting so much freakin crap and you wont have to stack it.......

7.this will be out on all shards in a publish soon

8.sorry ive been busy signing pumpkins for my fan club

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

1.well someone asked this in 1999 and the team still can not figure it out sorry

3.we been talking about this all day over dougnuts and...... i think weare just going to leave it be

lulz

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

dont forget "im not sure i understand the question even though its blatantly obvious to everyone who actually plays UO"

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You guys better stop the sillyness...or they stop the information chains...would you like that?
*shakes head*

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
Posted by Tim Chappell | 2013 Mar 25 16:21 -0400 GMT

Reforged Items & EnhancingCan you look into adding a tag or label onto reforged equipment so that it will identify what it has been enhanced with? This serves two purposes, 1 when you dye an item, it's hard to know what it has been enhanced with, or if it is even enhanced at all, and 2 it combats unscrupulous merchants who will craft an item, enhance it with special materials, dye it, then bleach it back to plain base hue. A simple tag "Enhanced with xxxxx" or labeling in the name would be great! (Lord Malachi)

Mesanna: We agree and I know you guys think this is a common answer but our list just keeps growing. Its added!
Continue reading...

Don't enhanced items already show "Valorite Kryss....Spined/Horned Gloves".

Am I missing something here....

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could spellweaving spell scrolls be put for sale on Npcs or made scribable? Excluding those which can only be obtained through quests. It can be difficult to get a full set from killing monsters. (XLaCeDX)

Kyronix: Adding them to NPC’s would undermine the content of the game but I do understand your position and we will give you other options such as finding scrolls in treasure chests in the future.
No, thank you. We have enough useless stuff in treasure chests as it is.

Signed - A Treasure Hunter.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed on the t chests not containing weaving scrolls. weaving with a 6 focus is pretty powerful in group fights. it should take time to amass the scrolls needed for the books.