• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ask and Answer

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Apr 29 18:18 GMT
1. UO Stratics
From Pub 81 :
- The looting rights threshold has been lowered for all mobs.
Can you give us some more details on this change? How it works in compare now then before pub 81.
With some % would be nice to make us better to understand. (Kelly O'Brian of Drachenfels.)

Bleak: As mentioned before loot rights are broken up into three separate totals (damage dealt, healing done, and damage received ) which are combined to equal the players looting right score. The looting right threshold is based on the highest looting right score which is use as the measuring stick for all other attackers. Pre publish 81 the required threshold was 12% of highest looting right score and since publish 81 it is 6%.

2 UO Stratics

Moonstone Jewelery

Can a dev please make another statement on this drop? Specifically where does it actually come from now? Is it Fezzik the Chef or a cannibal mage or a chest in Fezzik's area? all ove the previous? Has the drop % been altered because of the increase in difficulty of the target now? Thank you. (Mentiras)

Misk: Currently the only mob in game that can drop the moonstone jewelry is Fezzik the Ogre Cook. The chances for the jewelry to spawn is 1 in a 1000 and if you are lucky enough to get a drop they will spawn on the mobs corpse.

3. UO Stratics
I was wondering if yaw had any plans for this year or next-year for another get-together as last year was simply amazing and i loved it, and was hoping yaw would do another another one this year if anyway possible.(Bazer)

Mesanna: Currently there are no plans for another Meeting planned with the players but we do look forward to organizing one in the future.

4. UO Stratics
Does using rocks at Navery lower the chance for a drop?(Gantry)

Kyronix: The drop rate is locked in no matter what. However, using the rocks is not seen as damage done by your character. So while damaging Navrey with the rocks will cause her to receive a greater amount of damage, in order to qualify for the list of those randomly chosen to have a shot at rolling for rewards, you need to damage her directly.

5. UO Stratics
Line of Sight Question.
If I 'cannot see that' and my 'pet cannot see that?' Why can [that] see, and attack, me and/or my pet through the wall, through a door or around a corner? (weins201 (paraphrased))

Mesanna: Unlike players and pets mobs are able to agro thru walls, mountains etc. We have seen this for as long as UO has been around, Your pet stays engaged due to the fact the mob is trying to fight it. This is not an easy fix and I can’t promise you it will be fixed in the future. The work around is to get your pet to obey you. If you are having spells casted at you or your pet thru walls then that is a problem. Please report that to us with the type of mob, the dungeon etc so we can confirm this issue and get it into our system.

Continue reading...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For all those who whined and complained and argued about the rocks reducing the drop chance once you have done enough damage for looting rights:

Here is your big fat I told you so!

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant wait for the next get-together, id help pay for allot of stuff if i could like most of the hotel rooms (student loans helps lol)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Apr 29 18:18 GMT
1. UO Stratics
From Pub 81 :
Can you give us some more details on this change? How it works in compare now then before pub 81.
With some % would be nice to make us better to understand. (Kelly O'Brian of Drachenfels.)

Bleak: As mentioned before loot rights are broken up into three separate totals (damage dealt, healing done, and damage received ) which are combined to equal the players looting right score. The looting right threshold is based on the highest looting right score which is use as the measuring stick for all other attackers. Pre publish 81 the required threshold was 12% of highest looting right score and since publish 81 it is 6%.
It's still broken, did a spawn this morning, 2 identical characters, doing Armor Ignore (95% of the time) with the occasional Lightning Strike mixed in. One of the characters did not get looting rights.

Really need to revise that if it is working as intended.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Example, if you are playing a tank, have agro the entire fight and healing yourself with bandages, leech, ect.... your score is going to be through the roof.

Question on the damage healed, is it actual damage or heal amount. That is- if you have taken 30 points of damage and are healed for 50, is there credit for 30 or 50 points?

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4. UO Stratics

Kyronix: The drop rate is locked in no matter what. However, using the rocks is not seen as damage done by your character. So while damaging Navrey with the rocks will cause her to receive a greater amount of damage, in order to qualify for the list of those randomly chosen to have a shot at rolling for rewards, you need to damage her directly.
When did this change Kyronix? I cant remember when, I will have to search for the post, but it was said before that the rocks did give you damage and everyone got credit. Also, I can go into Navery, do NOTHING but drop rocks and invis myself, and still get a Tangle to drop and get 100% looting rights (when im solo). So I'm not quite sure this is correct unless it was changed in the last publish.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When did this change Kyronix? I cant remember when, I will have to search for the post, but it was said before that the rocks did give you damage and everyone got credit. Also, I can go into Navery, do NOTHING but drop rocks and invis myself, and still get a Tangle to drop and get 100% looting rights (when im solo). So I'm not quite sure this is correct unless it was changed in the last publish.
Nothing has changed about Navery. The rocks count as unassigned damage... No player gets credit. If she is killed using nothing but rocks the corpse is not 100% yours... It's public, the same as any other critter killed with unassigned damage. Navery also has two ways to drop, in her corpse and in your pack. If you want to have a chance to get one in your pack you have to get looting right, you will never get one dropped in your pack just dropping rocks. However, she can still drop them on her corpse with just rock drops, but loot fast because the corpse is public so anyone can take it.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. Pre publish 81 the required threshold was 12% of highest looting right score and since publish 81 it is 6%
A: Kal Vas Flam KAl Vas Flam Kal Vas Flam Kal Vas Flam
B: In Por Ylem
*YOU GOTZ ARTY DROP*
A: FML

Moonstone Jewelery
Y'all have answered this one at least three times now, haha. Time to tell people to do a Google search! (Or Stratics search!)

Mesanna: Currently there are no plans for another Meeting planned with the players but we do look forward to organizing one in the future.
Y Mesanna no want see me in the currently? :(

4. UO Stratics

B: In Por Ylem
*YOU GOTZ ARTY DROP*
A: FML

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing has changed about Navery. The rocks count as unassigned damage... No player gets credit. If she is killed using nothing but rocks the corpse is not 100% yours... It's public, the same as any other critter killed with unassigned damage. Navery also has two ways to drop, in her corpse and in your pack. If you want to have a chance to get one in your pack you have to get looting right, you will never get one dropped in your pack just dropping rocks. However, she can still drop them on her corpse with just rock drops, but loot fast because the corpse is public so anyone can take it.
So, I took two char to Navery yesterday. Only one there, had one hide right outside the entrance, used the other to kill her off with JUST ROCKS. Char that dropped rocks got loot rights, player that came in had
"you did not earn the right to loot this creature".

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, I took two char to Navery yesterday. Only one there, had one hide right outside the entrance, used the other to kill her off with JUST ROCKS. Char that dropped rocks got loot rights, player that came in had
"you did not earn the right to loot this creature".
Did navery hit your rock character at any point?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, Rocks, run, invis, get damage points, rinse repeat till she was dead.
I will test when I get home tonight. I know before the looting rights changes it worked exactly as Kronix and I stated, and by stealther is wearing his looted tangle.