• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Classic Font

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a few years of searching (off and on), I finally found a tutorial that showed me how to create fonts with Corel Draw. :D So I spent the last few days remaking UO's Classic font to familiarize myself with the font creation process. This first version I call "UO Classic (rough)" since it is a pixel by pixel representation of the in-game font. It has all of the upper and lowercase letters, along with standard punctuation.

This font is being released for all to freely use. You can either grab it when you download the Legacy II skin (see sig for url), or you can download directly from my website: www.zymdragon.com/uo/uo-classic-font.zip

Now that I have my template set up, I will work on smoothing this font out to make it truly useful.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First of all Zym freaking rocks!

He's been having me help out a bit over ICQ (as I could) and sending me the results to test out, and even in a rough state this one blows Oltima Unline out of the water.

I've already taken to incorporating it and well... here it is in action:

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! Cool! Me likes!

I prefer the new, clear font for item descriptions, but would love to have it for overhead chat.

Is this already in the current Copper Enhanced for us to choose?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! Cool! Me likes!

I prefer the new, clear font for item descriptions, but would love to have it for overhead chat.

Is this already in the current Copper Enhanced for us to choose?
Yep! Latest Copper and Stone Enhanced have it as an option for all fonts that you can change.

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, how do i make this thing work....i cant freaking figure out how to add it and its starting to annoy me greatly.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, how do i make this thing work....i cant freaking figure out how to add it and its starting to annoy me greatly.
are you a thread necromancer? :D

seriously this ui is not updated for a while... dermott has made the texture packs for my UI that are updated and working :)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
such a good UI still use it today. Shame I have to try and mod it myself from time to time to get it right.