• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO CC / UOAssist with Windows 8?

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Before I upgrade to Windows 8, I'd like to know if anyone has tried to run CC/UOAssist in it. :)

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done some testing on Windows 8 for Ultima Mapper, and I have to say I'm very pleased. CC with UOA seems to work much better on my Windows 8 VM than my Windows 7 VM (thought this may attributed to the age on the Win7 machine). Very nice. The Enhanced Client also worked quite well. I don't recall having to jump through any real hoops beyond getting Windows 8 to behave the way I wanted it to (more like a classic version of Windows).

Last edited:

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Thank you, that was good to hear. I look forward to upgrade then, even to do the tweaking. I run Windows 7 in classic mode, to make it look like XP as much as possible. :)

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the Start menu is complete gone in Windows 8, and replaced with the Metro UI (think Windows Phone 8, or the Xbox 360 dashboard). I'm using Classic Shell (

Welcome to Classic Shell

) to get the functionality back, but from what I've been reading, Microsoft is working to stop this sort of hack in Windows 8 in order to push their new UI.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the Start menu is complete gone in Windows 8, and replaced with the Metro UI (think Windows Phone 8, or the Xbox 360 dashboard). I'm using Classic Shell (

Welcome to Classic Shell

) to get the functionality back, but from what I've been reading, Microsoft is working to stop this sort of hack in Windows 8 in order to push their new UI.
What is classic shell?

I just bought a new machine with windows 8 and I really dislike the appearance

Digowiz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to let you know i am playing uo with uoassist without problems in my windows 8. in fact both clients works better for me.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, it works a treat, but to get the traditional desktop and start menu back to "Business as Usual," as the OP expressed they'd need, an extra app or two are needed.