• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Cartographer issue

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wondering if anyone has experienced this

I just reinstalled cartographer, i have it tracking me just fine with uoassist, i have the map files loaded just fine as well. When i enter in ip, port, username/pass, i right click on map and hit connect and nothing happens.

I am running it as admin in windows 10. I have tried compatibility modes for several OS. I have been assured the ip, port and password are correct. I do not have another server to test. I have reinstalled the application to no avail.

Any ideas?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
maybe a "space" at the beginning or end of the server or port info

or possibly a firewall issue

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tested that several times, turned off windows firewall, didn't verify against my router but shouldn't have to. next step is to wireshark i guess and see if it is even trying to communicate.

know of any public or otherwise accessible carto servers i can use as a test?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try go over cmd and ping the server address and see what happens maybe u got some ports blocked by ur isp, try to shut down ur firewall and internet security programs, or antivirus and do it again

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you most definately have the wrong ip/password.
I know when you go to double check, you kinda just double check in your mind, and we don't really double check. But seriousely, double check.

Compatibility mode is not required.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
notice this in log if it matters @Mervyn

[3/21/2017 7:11 PM] Problem with client.send() to server: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i can ping the address

using wireshark i can see my machine sending packets to the ip address on UDP port they gave me to enter, but no response returned.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we found i can connect just fine to another server. we changed password on his server and still doesn't work. tried different isp to see if for some reason i was being blocked, no luck. seems to be server side but it works for others. no idea.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we found i can connect just fine to another server. we changed password on his server and still doesn't work. tried different isp to see if for some reason i was being blocked, no luck. seems to be server side but it works for others. no idea.
I take it it's a friend of yours hosting a cartographer server on their network? If so, the port needs to for forwarded to allow connections from outside the network.

Before most of my guildies quit playing UO I used to host a cartographer server on my spare PC.