• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO britania ships worst racket in online gaming history!!

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently lost my boat right after the latest patch. I spent 18 dollars for this boat!!! And now it's gone but my cannon are still in the water which is some type of sick glich reminding me of my loss. Why is it that Mythic is raking in real life cash from players like myself but basically doing nothing to fix this. After speaking with a gm, he basically told me sry about my luck. WTF?? I payed for this. I'ts not like I used UO gold to buy it. So i guess many ppl dealing with the same delima have to just "deal with it" as well. Something has to be done because people are being robbed blind by mythic dailly because of this. Either have the boats or take them out. This rediculous price you have to get the boat from the library is absurd to say the least.
Well now me and my wife just ruined our last big ship when she transfered hers to me. Now the runes are no good!! Thanks alot Mythic and EA. Good to know you love screwing people over and taking their money.

T

Tazar

You can always mark new runes while standing on the ship deck...

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always mark new runes while standing on the ship deck...
My ship is gone! It is nowhere in game. Maybe look at my argument and the countless players pissed off at the entire boating/fishing thing. Isn't this how governments collapse or why people riot around the world?!?!? When enough people get pissed off of being taken advantage of or forced, in this case , to accept "faulty game code" then just maybe the UO supremos will come off their thrones and say, " You know what, I think we really did screw alot of people over. We really do owe them a huge apology and a way to fix this." The problem with people in the world, is that they don't want to take responsibility when their product goes bad or isn't well received and that is what's happening here. This game is awesome but my God, Messana and Draconi, what the heck have you guys done?!?!?!? 10 million freaKING POINTS TO GET A SHIP THAT HAS A FREAKIN TIMER???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?! Maybe check with folks before you decide to launch some crap and assume we are going to like it or better yet, make sure it works. This is all I'm going to say. You guys have done an awesome job til now. You can't win them all. So I won't sit here and say you guys sux but, THIS issue is well known and been going on too long. I've got awesome ideas. Heck, I should be on the dev team!!

T

Tazar

I only commented on one part of your long rant... about "now the runes are not working". That part can be overcome.

Personally, given the value of the ship, I don't leave mine in the water unless I am using it.

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of agree. If boats are going to cost so much now they should be given a better decay time. Back in the day boats were worth pennies, so you could afford losing them. Now, it's not the case though:

The tokuno ship and gargoyle ship are expensive to some newer players. Also considering the hold sizes of these boats it's possible to lose a lot of fish, cannon supplies etc etc which can easily exceed into the millions

The orc ship takes so much work to obtain on its own, unless you buy it yourself which is still a large amount of gold.

The britannia ship is expensive. In fact, housing costs less than this thing. Losing this boat in the water due to the short decay time is so catastrophic something really needs to be done.

It's no longer 1997, boating has changed in Ultima so the rules should also change. Ships are no longer worth losing. Treat them exactly like houses, give them a higher decay time. The week decay thing is appropriate anymore. If you simply can't do away with the week decay thing, why not just have it auto-drydock after a week of neglect. Anything in the hold can be claimed for up to a week at the dockmaster at the Sea Emporeum, similar to how you can claim your vending goods from the Magincia Bazaar.

W

Woodsman

The britannia ship is expensive. In fact, housing costs less than this thing. Losing this boat in the water due to the short decay time is so catastrophic something really needs to be done.
I actually agree with this. There are some things purchased through UOGameCodes that you know will be used up over time, but the Brit ships are not one of those things - it's something people expect to keep around. It's pretty pricey and the loss of one could easily push somebody to quit.

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually agree with this. There are some things purchased through UOGameCodes that you know will be used up over time, but the Brit ships are not one of those things - it's something people expect to keep around. It's pretty pricey and the loss of one could easily push somebody to quit.
Yeah my wife told me to just relax and calm down. We don't have alot of money right now and we bought our boats when both of us were working. I guess when the gm told me to send in a bug report which to this day, bug reports have never helped me, I sorta lost it. I was ready to quit. I mean I just could not believe that something I personally bought on a legit EA website vanished after a patch and there isn't nothing anyone will do about it. I really lost faith in who runs this game. It will take a lot for me to get that trust back. A friend not repaying me 20 bucks is something I can deal with. But a legitimate and well established company taking money from me, I can not stomach well.