• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO back on the rise?

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the launch of SA, I have noticed a lot more people than normal. Did the expansion really work? Did it bring back some of the old members and quite possibly new members? Either way, this is GREAT news. I am glad to be seeing UO alive again. Hope this continues!!

-SupSoc-

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea ? I'm stucked at britain bank with my unupgraded account because EA refuses to give me service ?

All I know is everyone is gone, and the return to britain bank program just attracted people for the money, and thats it ?

It seems laughable...

Anyways, I'm happy, hope you are.

V

Vortex337

I am returning from many years of being dormant because I am bored. I recently moved to a new town (IRL) and don't have transportation to get around. Luckily I work close and have a ride to and from work. I am very interested to see what all the new advancements and expansions have lead to since I left, shortly after the new lands (first expansion) was released. I am pretty excitied to get back into UO and have been doing tons of reading both here, and at other fan sites to try to hit the ground running.

M

MrJonesofatl

I have come back from a two year leave.. so far i like what i see with the new expansion :)

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i see lots of returning Players, lets hope it stays that way :)

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the past few weeks, my ICQ has been going off double. Which is more than anyone can bare to imagine lol

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed a lot more people as well...It seems like a lot of vet players are returning.
Hopefully, they will like the new content and stick around. I just got SA the other night and so far I think its pretty cool :D

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least I just learned I'm not the only one they won't sell SA to...

It was getting creepy !

:wall:

A

alosis

Hey all, thought it may be good to post in here. I'm returning to UO as well. I've just been so bored of all the new games and the thoughts of UO have always been in the back of my mind.

I started playing when the game first came out (Member since 1998) but at the time was only 14 years old. I loved the game but feared it would get in the way of my schooling so I ended up cutting it off. Well after many years (I think it was 2001) I got back into the game as I met some RL people that still played. That went on for about half a year before they all grew away from UO.

So now, 2009 I start having urges to play UO again, and it happens to be at a good time (new expansion coming out and all). So far I'm having a lot of fun reminiscing about the game. I mainly am a solo player but welcome the company of others that I meet in the game. I hope to see a lot of you all around Britannia :)

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to be honest, I stopped playing this Summer .... but this upgrade does look rather impressive. Long time player since September of 1997, this game apparently doesn't get old, does it?

In conclusion, I'm back again. Keep a look out.....

T

Tazar

I saw Shinobi the last day or two back in game as well. Is the competition on? :eyes:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Our guild has seen a surge of returning players. Hope the trend continues. :thumbsup:

Lol, we're all such UO geeks. I love it.

A

AdrianD

Oddly enough, i decided to come back after being gone for 5 years. A week later, the expantion hits. I had no idea. Fate?:thumbsup:

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly think the expansion did it. I mean I can be a harsh critic for the most part but the UO team finally took their time and put out a quality expansion instead of rushing things out the door. I mean the new stuff is just awesome and, in all honesty, I think imbuing is what brought most people back. It gives people a chance to actually make good items instead of playing item lottery which is what a lot of people seem to want.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanna play... I work full time and have to also work on my own business, I have few hours every week.

Why would they be ignoring me ?

I mean its great to hear about it... but I wonder what I did wrong, and if I did anything wrong they'd have banned me now would they ? I never tought in my life a company I pay would refuse me service, maybe someone has a clue ?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope it continues as well. I am having a blast role-playing and really enjoying the new expansion.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as you made a thread about it. :)

I think that Petra's stewardship of Stratics has contributed to the revival in a significant way.

The Stratics under her leadership is reinventing and renewing itself.

As such, when people do look to come back, depending on when they left, they will look for CoB or the UO Official Forums or HERE.

It is my opinion, that seeing this revitalized Stratics is the first impression for may returnee's. I can not help but believe that for most, if not all, that first impression is ont only familiar but positive. :pint: