• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO 9th Anniversary Collection???

D

DHMagicMan_1

OK so I have two accounts that I had let languish for several years but I'm back now... I've upgraded to ML and bought the upgraded Bank Storage / Character Slots etc... One of the accounts is 68 month Vet and the other in the 90s so I was around a long time but then I left...

Anyway, in the past when you bought whatever the "Current Release" was it opened up all the previous releases as well, so even though I had bought Samurai I believe ML would have opened that content for me anyway if I hadn't...

It appears though, there's some housing tiles that are "9th Anniversary Collection" restricted and did not open up with ML... Is it ONLY a few housing tiles that I'm missing or is there other content that I'm not getting as well? I can see some people selling this on EBay in the $40 range but I'm not likely to buy 2 copies just for a couple housing tiles I likely wouldn't use... if they were on UO Codes for $9.99 or something I might though.

What's up with this collection?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought it when I came back to upgrade my AOS account, the only difference I found was the housing tiles. And I didn't even know at the time they were unique to that box.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a 9th anniversary upgraded account to access the 9th anniversary tiles (crystal and shadow). They were not part of Mondain's Legacy which introduced the elven tile sets.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I don't use 95% of the housing tiles available to me now so if that's the only difference I'll live without it... I just think it's weird that they did it that way, that you don't get the upgrade within buying ML... I can understand not geting any Tokens, Soul Stones, items on toons or whatever that were part of any individual expansion... but normally when you buy an MMO's latest expansion it includes all the previous ones. :(

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ML did include all the previous expansions. ML was the last expansion that was released. 9th anniversary edition was basically ML with a few extra housing tiles thrown in.

D

DHMagicMan_1

ML did include all the previous expansions. ML was the last expansion that was released. 9th anniversary edition was basically ML with a few extra housing tiles thrown in.

Oh, so 9th was the last expansion then, not ML? Weird you can continue to buy ML codes on the website and not 9th...

The extra character slot you can buy a "7th"... if your account previously had either 5 or 6 slots, either way it upgrades your account to 7 slots and that code is also available online.

I'm just saying thing (objects) like soul stones, the fountain that improves bandages, all the trinkets I may or may not have because I wasn't playing when they were given out I have no problem with... but when it's something that's part of the "Housing Tool" or clearly built into the account, if I'm upgraded to the latest version I should have access to the latest content.

If 9th is more recent than ML then they should have those codes online instead of ML and then you'd get those tiles and ML when you reactivate your account when you've been away... just my opinion.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and a sixth char slot, isn't that right?
I think so.

[Edit]
Just pulled my box for 9th anni, apparently the features in that box were the extra housing tiles, and a personal attendant. I think I might have gotten a soulstone too, because somehow I ended up with a blue one, which I think were only available for a limited time from a pre-order or something.

9th anniversary wasn't an actual expansion. It was an excuse to put UO back on store shelves and get people to buy something extra. The only difference between ML and 9th Anni are the housing tiles. If you want the housing tiles and a personal attendent that badly, you're going to have to find a box. I don't remember for certain, but you might get a full soulstone out of it too, but don't hold me to that. I could be wrong.