• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO 20th Anniversary Gathering

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So if you didn't read Mesanna's message, UO is having a 20 year anniversary party in Virginia.
You can read more on the details here: Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party – Ultima Online

Anyway, 10 & 12 years ago at the Gencon and Washington DC meetups, we made a thread to see if any fellow chessy players were attending. So I'm starting that thread right now :). I feel I'm obligated to be there. 20 years in an MMORPG is amazing, unheard of, and record breaking.

So yes, I will travelling cross the US to attend this event. Anyone else going or thinking of going?

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I won't be attending...
Can't afford it since I'm saving for a new roof for my house.
Sorry to hear that. Roofs are expensive. Pays to watch for a single piece of hail, and turn it in on insurance.

So far impressed w/ the amount of people going after just a few days notice!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sorry to hear that. Roofs are expensive. Pays to watch for a single piece of hail, and turn it in on insurance.

So far impressed w/ the amount of people going after just a few days notice!
I hope they have a good turnout. Twenty years... Amazing! :)

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
my wife already thought i was a loser for playing this game, attending a convention, would probably have divorce papers waiting for me upon my return.
might not be a bad thing.
have fun people.
Where you been Steve-o? Are you playing the game? And screw her! 20 years! Pretty epic amount of time. Longest running MMORPG .. E V E R.

yea..... can't agree with you more. LOL
This guy, pretending his wife would care. His wife would be happy to get rid of him for a few days :p

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This guy, pretending his wife would care. His wife would be happy to get rid of him for a few days [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:p[/bcolor]
I'd love to make the ride up to virginia. I'm pretty sure i'd be hit with the no-go stick tho. That's 2 days riding, a day at the thing, 2 days riding back... at the beginning of the school year? yeah, not going to happen.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They invented these things that provide quick travel. Its called an airplane. You go get molested at an airport by TSA, and they put you in a small seat, w/ enough room for one small bag, that cannot include any liquids, or questionable solids. You then travel at the speed that Eagles wish they had. And boom your in VA.

Matrix Cubed

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So if you didn't read Mesanna's message, UO is having a 20 year anniversary party in Virginia.
You can read more on the details here: Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party – Ultima Online

Anyway, 10 & 12 years ago at the Gencon and Washington DC meetups, we made a thread to see if any fellow chessy players were attending. So I'm starting that thread right now :). I feel I'm obligated to be there. 20 years in an MMORPG is amazing, unheard of, and record breaking.

So yes, I will travelling cross the US to attend this event. Anyone else going or thinking of going?
Hey Joe! Denethenor will be attending! You used to live in front of my 2-story...well...5 years ago!

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They invented these things that provide quick travel. Its called an airplane. You go get molested at an airport by TSA, and they put you in a small seat, w/ enough room for one small bag, that cannot include any liquids, or questionable solids. You then travel at the speed that Eagles wish they had. And boom your in VA.
Ride or Die!!! I no fly!

lissa eldi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Joe, what year was it we were all in Detroit?
I can still remember a bunch of you young folks singing backup to Winfield on Hotel California in the karaoke bar LOL!

I was trying to remember the name of the young pvp lady from Indiana too. Very lively girl. :) And the guy from Quebec?

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Joe, what year was it we were all in Detroit?
I can still remember a bunch of you young folks singing backup to Winfield on Hotel California in the karaoke bar LOL!

I was trying to remember the name of the young pvp lady from Indiana too. Very lively girl. :) And the guy from Quebec?
I believe it was 2005, could have been 2006. I'm not sure who the PvP lady from Indiana was... Laird/Pink was from Michigan, and I believe only me and her were the PvPers in the crowd. There was two Indiana ladies who were Pax people. Dutchess wasn't from Indiana.

The guy from Quebec was hilarious. His gifts were absolutely amazing, and his story of getting through TSA will forever be stuck in my head. I cannot remember his real or ingame name. But that guy was the life of the party.

As for Hotel California Karaoke time... http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/Video/00112.mp4 I sitll have the clips and photos, sadly there is no dates. Also disappointed Photobucket lessened the quality on everything.

Was a mix of the funnest weekend and worst weekends in my life. Totaled the car, and got hacked while I was up there. But we had good times.

lissa eldi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Laird is who I meant, yes. Details a little foggy after all these years, hehe. I had forgotten about your car and the hacking until you mentioned it. Terrible stuff but yes, despite it we all had fun.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The wife said yes, so I'll be there. :)
She gonna be there? Gonna have to have a talk with her about letting you out of your cage if she is... :twak:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where you been Steve-o? Are you playing the game? And screw her! 20 years! Pretty epic amount of time. Longest running MMORPG .. E V E R.

This guy, pretending his wife would care. His wife would be happy to get rid of him for a few days :p
i played sonoma on last thursday for the first time in forever. Mash thinking about coming back as well though haven't crossed paths with him yet. is Chessy dead?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i played sonoma on last thursday for the first time in forever. Mash thinking about coming back as well though haven't crossed paths with him yet. is Chessy dead?
Super dead! Unless you enjoy Trammel and killing courage at 22,000 ping. Atl isn't..band up boisss! As for the NerdCon...I'll pass! Cotton did Tao register?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Chesapeake isn't dead. We just take long naps now and then. :(

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It wouldn't be as dead if you and Mash come back :p

Super dead! Unless you enjoy Trammel and killing courage at 22,000 ping. Atl isn't..band up boisss! As for the NerdCon...I'll pass! Cotton did Tao register?
No clue, I hope so!

Chesapeake isn't dead. We just take long naps now and then. :(
^^ See! Someone understands!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't like doing this and have only told two people until tonight. However, since my UO life has always been lived on Chesapeake, I guess I should say something. A lot has changed since I announced I'd be attending the anniversary gathering. I won't be there after all. A number of real world issues have taken precedence and will take a good deal of time and money to resolve. Another complication arose as well when my credit card was compromised just before account renewal time. I had to wait for the bank to issue a replacement, so I closed my account and have not reopened it. At this point in time, I'm not certain if I ever will. Since Ozog left us over a year ago, I still haven't been able to recover my former enthusiasm for the game.

I notified Bonnie so that someone on the waiting list can take my place. Of course, I'll still be popping into Stratics to see what everyone is up to.

For now, I wish you all a good night and many wonderful new adventures tomorrow.

:grouphug:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sad to hear you won't be attending. I'm working as much as I can so I can comfortably afford a trip Eastward. As of now, I still plan on going.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If anyone has any questions they want asked, post them here, and I'll see about getting them asked during the Q/A. I'm bringing all my video equipment to hopefully setup trpod(s) to record the entire thing and then post it up.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Lady Laurel and myself will no longer be able to attend. Due to financial strain from my daughter's heart surgery and clean-up from Irma (nothing major, we got off very lucky compared to others), we just don't have the extra money or time off to attend. I am looking forward to seeing those pictures you take CJ!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lady Laurel and myself will no longer be able to attend. Due to financial strain from my daughter's heart surgery and clean-up from Irma (nothing major, we got off very lucky compared to others), we just don't have the extra money or time off to attend. I am looking forward to seeing those pictures you take CJ!
Sad to hear that, looked forward to meeting you both. I hope your daughter is recovering well, and glad to hear that b***h Irma didn't hurt you too bad. I'll do my best to deliver some photos and videos! I'm hoping they allow me to setup my cameras in good advantage points. Kind of the reason I decided to show up a day before the scheduled events. See DC and scout the room.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am so sorry... I know how much you both were looking forward to this. :(

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone in contact with Pam, could you let her know I'm at arrival door 6 (United). Thanks !! I'll come chevk again in 15 mins, wifi wont work outside...

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I feel so alone now at gate #6.. just kidding

Pam and Dan saved me ! I've taken a couple pics, which I'll post tomorrow morning.

Was a great day, finally got to meet a lot of people in person !

And congrats to Phoenix and NANOC !!