• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Unraveling mystery

B

Beastmaster

I've been doing some research into unraveling for relics.

When you look at an item in the imbuing menu and choose to add the same property at the same intensity it already possesses, you will see the actual weighted score of the item. If its an artifact the imbuing menu will not open as it tells you the item is made from special material already and cannot be imbued. If its player made and exceptional the max weight will say 500.

So far I've found 3 items, not player made and non-artifact but actual loot, that had total weights in excess of 450. They each showed 4xx/450 and the 4xx was in red, ie. the last one was 474/450.

These "should" have unraveled to relics based on the last info we got from Leurocian. However each one yielded only 1 enchanted essence. It appears to me the code is ONLY yielding relics from artifacts. I still need to test exceptional player items over 450. If the only source for relics is going to be from artifacts then the imbuing skill has been extremely nerfed.

P

pgcd

I can confirm that non-arti looted and crafted items can give relics - the unreliability of your method springs from the fact that the item has to be over 450 UNweighted intensity, while the imbuing method shows the weighted one. At least, that's how I understand it.

Anyway, so far the only items that seem to unravel to relics with any reliability are those with at least 3 "digital" mods, like slayer + spellchan + faster casting. Once you have those, it's almost easy to have to 75%+ mods for the remaining slots.

B

Beastmaster

Thanks. That was the question I posed to the Devs for FoF 2 fridays ago. Whether or not weighting affected unraveling. I just went on TC and produced an exceptional item and imbued it to 454 (weighted) and it yielded 2 enchanted essence.

So, I believe you are right, it must be 451 or more non-weighted, or an artifact.

451 non-weighted items are going to be very scarce.

M

miss uo

At this point I am at 99 imbuing, I have 4 relics from non artifact items. All 4 items were slayers, but I didn't realize at the time that these items would produce relics so i am not sure what the mods were.

I

Ivorythorn

At this point I am at 99 imbuing, I have 4 relics from non artifact items. All 4 items were slayers, but I didn't realize at the time that these items would produce relics so i am not sure what the mods were.

So I should keep any slayer weapons I have? I was about to dump a bunch, one way or the other, i.e. sell, smelt, or trash. i'm just getting started with imbuing and have a ways to go. It's really boring...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
also looted jewels have xxx/500 and have gotten a few relics from those ! sometimes with a little imbuing on my part some times looted that way!

B

Boogieman

Anyway, so far the only items that seem to unravel to relics with any reliability are those with at least 3 "digital" mods, like slayer + spellchan + faster casting. Once you have those, it's almost easy to have to 75%+ mods for the remaining slots.
Yes, spell channeling + FC goes a long way. I also look for UBWS and elemental damage. So far I have collected 5 items (non-arti) that I don't have enough skill to unravel, because I'm below 95.
Even if a weapon appears to be useless, it may well turn out to be valuable!

Edit: Ok, elsewhere I just read that elemental damage doesn't count towards intensity when unravelling. However, if that is the case then I don't know why this katana unravels into relic:
Mage weapon -20
Hit mana leach 62%
DMI 39%
UBWS
Fire damage 60 / poison damage 40