• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unraveling for gains

Tectop

Journeyman
How do I gain from unraveling at40 skill level imbuing? I used my Fisher to fish up chest,everytime I try to unravel says item is above my skill level I cannot gain what do I need to do.I got 40 skill from NPC and stuck there.
Thanks in advance

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You'll probably need to get stuff made specifically to unravel, until you gain into the 60s or so.

If Mage Armor still counts as a property when you unravel, and you have a high level smith. and some ancient smith hammer +10 to burn, try making exceptional samurai jingasas to unravel may work, especially if you use your minor amounts of skill to imbue low-end properties, that use 1-2 citrines, before you unravel (and if the difficulty's around 35-60%, you'll have a good chance for a gain from that too). Eventually, you'll get where you can unravel the better stuff, and it will eventually start rolling forward better.

Part of your problem is the change in the loot system since Imbuing was introduced (and I missed most of it due to family health issues), and the way loot works now even the most minor creatures can have loot too difficult to imbue. In fact, based on my own recent return to fishing (cleared out about 20 of my 45 SOS last night, some of them which had gathered dust since 2012-13), I'm pretty sure that you'd have a hard time even with level 1 SOS chest loot (normal SOS produce random chests Level 1, 2 or 3 - you can tell the level by how many 10s of thousands of gold; the ancient SOS chests are level 4. And, I don't think the loot property caps have been changed for SOS the way they were for monster loot and T-maps).

Tectop

Journeyman
Thank you for your help,I will definitely give it a try.But I sure was hoping to just unravel loot for May gains even if it was going to take me longer. Like I mentioned before I just can't find nothing to unravel for gains as far as loot goes,every thingI try it tells me my skill level is not high eenough. Thanks again for your help.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Try unravelling the loot from weaker monsters, or try making gold daggers for the luck property or oak something or spined gloves or something. Do you gain from those items?

Tectop

Journeyman
Thank you very much, the spin leather worked.I made about 10 caps put in a bag and unraveled bag and got about 6 gains.
Thank you very much

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So, maybe fill a bag or two, and then from there you should be able to get gains from looted items. I've heard it said that if you unravel high enough end items, you can get well over 100, maybe all the way to 120 with unraveling.

The new loot system makes it so easy to raise imbue, back in the day, we had to use an exploit to unravel for relics (or find only the highest end loot to unravel...) and spend millions to imbue stuff over and over to raise to 120.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
SOS chests are probably the safest way to accumulate bags full of unravel material with relatively safety. T-maps can potentially fill a bag with 1-2 maps, but you have to have to have a means of killing spawn, which will have their own loot to add to the unravel bag (both chests with the occasional keeper item and stuff you can use for imbuing). My personal experience is that simply farming creatures in the wild (as opposed to the map spawn) usually runs into spawn density/looting time issues with the Classic Client (if you have time to properly loot, the monsters are too scattered, and if the monsters respawn quickly, you usually don't have time to properly loot, and often end up dead when a summons times out or you mis-time a heal - and if there's a place that's balanced, it's probably already camped).

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Imbuing is very low to raise. If u are sure to remain in game buy advanced char in origin store and set imbuing to 90. Then, make money selling transcendence scrolls with trade quest and buy ingredients for train imbuing.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Imbuing is very low to raise. If u are sure to remain in game buy advanced char in origin store and set imbuing to 90. Then, make money selling transcendence scrolls with trade quest and buy ingredients for train imbuing.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Buy the Mythic Char Token from the in game store for 2,500 Sov.

Tectop

Journeyman
Yes I have thought about that too, but I have always been the kind that likes to work my character up,but I may do that yet

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a while for me but if nothing changed I remember going into shame kill earth elems and used that loot to unravel for gains at low levels.

Also I'm at 97 ish now and still gaining, plan to go as far as possible just like that.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used unravelling to bring all my imbuers from 40 to 120.
Level 1-3 t-map loot is pretty great to gain till around 90.

If you have a imbuing alacrity, you can use another character to fill in bags with loot to unravel, log the imbuer, eat the alacrity, unravel all the bags, drop them back on the floor and log off to stop the alacrity timer.
Log back your fighter/mage/whatever and consolidate what wasn't unravelled into a single bag, fill the others, rinse and repeat. You will get awesome mileage from that single alacrity, usually allowing you to go from 40 to 105ish with it.

For gains above 90, looting items marked as greater magic item from rooting corpses or Balrons in Dungeon Blackthorn (Fel or Tram, fel is a bit better) work pretty good as you will unravel around 30 to 40 relics per bag.
White Wyrms in Fel Ice is also good, but the spawn is too slow there.
The Troglodites on Fel Painted Caves also work and have pretty good spawn. And are good to bring your weapon skill to 120 while you gather loot to unravel.