• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

unraveling chart?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Has anyone made a unraveling chart they can post?

example
slayer ability = 100% x weight 1.0 = 100%
resists 1-15 etc

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I understand it, the weights of the properties only apply when you imbue, not unravel an item.

Unraveling intensities should be fairly straight forward, just divide the item's value by it's maximum attainable. Here are some examples:
any slayer = 100% (an all or nothing)
luck 80 = 80% (since it is 80 out of 100)
fire resist 12 = 80% (since it is 12 out of 15)
mana increase 7 = 88% (since it is 7 out of 8)

You can find all of the properties, their ranges, and what items they can be found on here: Magic Effects Table.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
forgot weight was imbu only...

still made my self a little chart so I can add them on the fly till I remember the %'s

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The properties that would give you a problem will be Hit Life Leach and Hit Mana Leach. They are both tied to the weapon's speed , so their maximum intensity will vary.

Stayin Alive,

BG

B

Beastmaster

I think weights do affect unraveling. They are the only explanation I could find for some of the results we got unraveling arties on Retribution. I never got an answer from the Devs on that. :confused:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday while hunting I came across, but didn't bring home, a pick axe, properties were spell channel, no penalty, use best weapons skill, physical resist 13.

Anyone want to give me their best guess what that might have unravelled to?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday while hunting I came across, but didn't bring home, a pick axe, properties were spell channel, no penalty, use best weapons skill, physical resist 13.

Anyone want to give me their best guess what that might have unravelled to?
That's still under 400% so it looks like essence to me.

(100% SC, 100% +1FC, 100% UBWS, 86% physical)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks. I will begin to get a feel of what to look for soon.
I plan to save items with high but undesireable mods, especially on undesireable weapon and armor types.

O

Old Man of UO

Wonder if it is possible for someone to create a Mod to automatically calculate what an item would unravel to and display in a color code? Wouldn't that be handy.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wonder if it is possible for someone to create a Mod to automatically calculate what an item would unravel to and display in a color code? Wouldn't that be handy.
This is where loot color coding like in KR will make this very easy and also is why item id may not be bad to have .. at least stoned it will tell you exactly what you get...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
as far as what to do my plan is this..
all items fall in 3 catigories
1= save item for later imbuing as it already has good mods
2= unravel anything and everything else (you cant have to many inreadiants especially to start)
3= my unravel skill is not high enough and i save the items in a chest to do later

my imbuing skill will go on my tamer to start with and he will have unravel bag while i am out all items go in bag ..pop to forge ..unravel rinse and repeat then when I have a nice little pile of stuff I will start imbuing items!
when I hit 75 it will be transferred to my crafter who I have used gargoyle token on and I will make forge fore house !
then all my characters will dump items in chests (i have 500 starage set aside for this)to be unraveled at my convenience !
its at this level I will start modding equipment to keep