• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unfinished Publishes..81/86/97

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna
Before moving onto Publish 98, please can you finish publish 81/86/97?

Namely
Publish 81:
Armor Stamina Loss Update:
Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.

• Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides a small bonus to stamina loss reduction.

Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost
Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is not subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.

1. Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
  2. Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.
These properties are not being displayed on the armor

Publish 86:
The following negative item properties can now be found on magic items:
  • Brittle – Cannot have powder of fortification applied to the item
  • Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed
  • Massive – Increased strength requirement, indicated in the strength requirement item property
  • Unwieldy – Increased item weight, indicated in the weight item property
  • Cursed – Cannot be insured or blessed
  • Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.
Massive and Unwieldly are not being displayed.

Publish 97:
Missing from the hot fix, issues that were brought up on test centre:

Classic Client, pet damage received is red (same as damage dealt) instead of yellow
Classic Cleint, loss of healthbar when a pet is mounted (friend or foe)
Various exploits from insta auto pet stable on log-out.

Missing information on animal lore gump regarding VvV mount's battle readiness status (both clients)
Missing information on animal lore gump pet control requirements (both clients)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree about the pet damage being red instead of yellow..... The other things eh.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is not subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.

1. Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
  2. Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.
Where does it EVER say it will be DISPLAYED?? It doesn't. Is just says it is there.

Dude, MY GOD, for your own sake, give it a rest! You will have a lot more fun:)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where does it EVER say it will be DISPLAYED?? It doesn't. Is just says it is there.

Dude, MY GOD, for your own sake, give it a rest! You will have a lot more fun:)
While I agree he's obsessing, things like this should be displayed. Every time the add in layers that aren't documented in game it just makes it harder and more arcane for any potential new or returing player. A lot of us follow all the changes but not a everyone does.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 86:
  • Massive – Increased strength requirement, indicated in the strength requirement item property
  • Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.
Massive – Increased strength requirement, indicated in the strength requirement item property
Unwieldy – Increased item weight, indicated in the weight item property

RE: Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost "These properties are not being displayed on the armor"

Did they actually say it was even going to be displayed on the armour in the first place? If they didnt then I guess there is nothing to fix. Its just a request.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I agree he's obsessing, things like this should be displayed. Every time the add in layers that aren't documented in game it just makes it harder and more arcane for any potential new or returing player. A lot of us follow all the changes but not a everyone does.
I tend to believe Mesanna knows the account numbers and maybe knows better than us that there are slim to none returning or new players, thus seeing no point in catering to anyone but hardcore UO addicts.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would anyone bash this?

There's nothing bad about allowing these properties to be displayed on items.
Right now it's just an unnecessary complexity, which a lot of you normally argue against that type of thing.... why should this be any different?

Another thing to add to this list...

Convert all existing quests into the same quest system.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Honestly I've always felt race specific items was a bad idea and made very little sense.
It was a very stupid design choice.
And what was done with the gargoyles was even worse. They didn't have the foresight back then to see that doing it the way they did would only bring trouble and extra work when introducing new stuff.
But alas, most of that team is no longer involved with the game.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tend to believe Mesanna knows the account numbers and maybe knows better than us that there are slim to none returning or new players, thus seeing no point in catering to anyone but hardcore UO addicts.
I can't speculate on that, even so, they should make an effort to document all additions in game as much as possible. People simply forget things sometimes. There are so many little undocumented things in this game...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did they actually say it was even going to be displayed on the armour in the first place? If they didnt then I guess there is nothing to fix. Its just a request.
It should be displayed on some kind of more in depth character sheet I think. Putting it on items would be confusing as you'd have to put the cap on the items too, since it's not just per piece it's per piece up to 15%.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be displayed on some kind of more in depth character sheet I think. Putting it on items would be confusing as you'd have to put the cap on the items too, since it's not just per piece it's per piece up to 15%.
It kinda does show on the character sheet. If I equip a bone/studded part with 8lmc it shows my total lmc at 11 which is because of the 3% bonus.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you only cater to an ever-diminishing minority, you're completely and utterly doomed to failure. As in UO continues its long, slow slide towards inevitable cancellation.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It kinda does show on the character sheet. If I equip a bone/studded part with 8lmc it shows my total lmc at 11 which is because of the 3% bonus.
Yeah I know, but it would be nice to know why you were getting that bonus. Imagine you didn't know studded armor gave you LMC. You would have no idea why you are getting that, or have any way to plan your suit around it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you only cater to an ever-diminishing minority, you're completely and utterly doomed to failure. As in UO continues its long, slow slide towards inevitable cancellation.
I don't see how documenting any of these things would be anything but helpful to everyone, anyway. *shrug*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna
Before moving onto Publish 98, please can you finish publish 81/86/97?

Namely
Publish 81:
Armor Stamina Loss Update:
Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.

• Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides a small bonus to stamina loss reduction.

Publish 86:

Publish 97:
Missing from the hot fix, issues that were brought up on test centre:

Classic Client, pet damage received is red (same as damage dealt) instead of yellow
Classic Cleint, loss of healthbar when a pet is mounted (friend or foe)
Various exploits from insta auto pet stable on log-out.

Missing information on animal lore gump regarding VvV mount's battle readiness status (both clients)
Missing information on animal lore gump pet control requirements (both clients)
What about making ALL the BODs work?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd prefer if they fixed looting for the EC.
Fixed Dying in the EC so it doesn't take so freaking long to die.
Fixed the fact that all stuff that is animated is invisible in the EC with CoT on .
Would like if they fixed books in the EC so I can use them and give them to someone in the CC without them being totally unreadable...
Wish they would fix so many of the clipping issues and other problems in the EC.... Like the fact that if a male wears a skirt he suddenly is showing leg and has very feminine legs. NOT COOL.

There are 100's of things I wish they would fix in the EC and much of which might be aesthetic... but that's half the game IMO.

I wish they would go around and fix all the edges of the lands so it doesn't look like a zipper went over it.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would rather they take one publish cycle to clear up all the bugs that they left in the wake of each past publish.

I have already submitted a few bugs since I returned a year or two ago but nothing was done.

While I am excited about all the new contents, I am just worried at which point in future the game will become too buggy to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro