• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unequip

M

Marauderim

Hi, i have som items that are used by diferent characters, i used uoa in the old days to equip/unequip gear from those characters to a bag, so i could cross used it.

Without uoa i am able to equip from a bag, i just need to have it open when i hit the equip macro, so far so good, but now i have a problem, i cant find a way to unequip to that same bag, all items that i unequip goes allways to my main bag, so i am here to ask help on this, it is possible to make those items unequiped to the bag i want? if yes, pls show me how :)

best regards
Marauderim

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is currently no way to unequip to a bag other than your backpack.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll look into the possibility of unequipping to a container of your choice.

As for the Equip macro, are you sure you need the container open for the macro to work? This shouldn't be necessary.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll look into the possibility of unequipping to a container of your choice.
Yay! While you're at it, can you look into specifying loot bags too for the right-click looting?
Hopefully those should be very similar changes.

D

Diggity

+1 to loot and disarm/unequip containers.

BTW, very nice last client patch. Very glad to see the change for 1&2 handed weapon switching and the add equipped features. I've been using both all the time and they work great.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yay! While you're at it, can you look into specifying loot bags too for the right-click looting?
Now that would be sweet!!

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That one's a bit trickier because of conflicts with input and issues with direct feedback to the user.

Currently, anything that is not on a corpse is subject to context menu options. And right now, to open context menus for items in a grid-view container is to right-click on it.

There's a level of abstraction involved with items, in that, the client doesn't know what items have and don't have context menus. It just blindly asks the server, "Can I have context menus for this item?" and the server will only respond back if there are any. So, even if there is some way to support both with one input, the impact will be on direct feedback. "Why is it taking so long to loot one item?"

There are some clever UI modders on here that are probably reading this that could probably alter the container lua file to exclusively do one or the other, but there will be no way to do both cleanly.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That one's a bit trickier because of conflicts with input and issues with direct feedback to the user.

Currently, anything that is not on a corpse is subject to context menu options. And right now, to open context menus for items in a grid-view container is to right-click on it.
I mean having an option somewhere to say "When I right-click on a corpse item, it goes into this pouch, not my backpack", not adding right-click looting to non-corpse containers.

T

Tukaram

The Equip bag and the Hot Sell bag are probably the things I miss most from UOAssist. They seemed so simple when I used them (and took them for granted). It is crazy how much I relied on them to simplify sorting my pack.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there was a way to right click on all the gems on a corpse and have it go into a pouch in my pack would surely save a lot of mundane work. I would love this feature.
I would also love to be able to undress into a pouch as well (like UoAssist).

J

[JD]

This isn't equip related but it would sure be nice if there was a way to turn down the video detail and more options for better performance.

The difference in performance between my Classic client and the EC is insane. In CC there is no video lag whatsoever. In EC I have tons of video lag using a recent model duel core computer. I have trouble PVPing, and even simple things like looting corpses can seem like I'm moving my mouse through honey (so to speak)

I'm looking at needing an aftermarket video card to play while using EC. I really don't need all those effects which slow it down, I just want smooth game play with the functionality that EC allows (macros etc)

C

Cloak&Dagger

This isn't equip related but it would sure be nice if there was a way to turn down the video detail and more options for better performance.

The difference in performance between my Classic client and the EC is insane. In CC there is no video lag whatsoever. In EC I have tons of video lag using a recent model duel core computer. I have trouble PVPing, and even simple things like looting corpses can seem like I'm moving my mouse through honey (so to speak)

I'm looking at needing an aftermarket video card to play while using EC. I really don't need all those effects which slow it down, I just want smooth game play with the functionality that EC allows (macros etc)
What details are you refering to exactly? I can not really relate with your problem as I have a decent video card so I really have no video lag (altho does anyone else experience periods of time where your toon will just stop for a second or two while running? I'm not sure if it is actually stopping or is just on my screen but w/e) but there should be enough options to turn effects off that should offer less lag.

J

[JD]

It is definitely video lag. I have everything I can think of turned down, but the EC is just a hog with video resources and the onboard card doesn't cut it. I would like functionality to disable the '3D' portion of the client, or whatever else might be causing it, so that video card upgrades aren't needed.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There's a level of abstraction involved with items, in that, the client doesn't know what items have and don't have context menus. It just blindly asks the server, "Can I have context menus for this item?" and the server will only respond back if there are any. So, even if there is some way to support both with one input, the impact will be on direct feedback. "Why is it taking so long to loot one item?"

There are some clever UI modders on here that are probably reading this that could probably alter the container lua file to exclusively do one or the other, but there will be no way to do both cleanly.
:stretcher:

B

BlackMagus

I think a general inventory drop target macro action would be the ultimate solution.

You setup the action with a bag as stored target, and after the action is executed, whenever stuff goes into inventory backpack (loot, unequip, drag'n'drop on paperdoll bag) it is moved right to the stored target.

This way we can implement loot bag, shop bag, unequip bag for multiple suits, all the shebang.

:thumbup1: