• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Underwater mining.

G

Some of the miningspots are too deep, is there a command that let your character sink so he/she can get close enough to the vine.

T

The_Traveler

I know there is a deep dive helmet for Engineers.

Don't know of a sink command but it would be nice if engineers or blacksmiths could make Diving Stones that would weigh you down for a quick descent. One time use items.

B

Bo Riddler

I am going to take this from a different angle and assume your new to WoW and haven't learned the trick of swimming.

If that is the case, at the top of the water point your angle of direction to travel to down, and move downwards, you'll soon be swimming to the bottom of the lake/water area to get your ore.

Normally, you'll always have enough breath to finish th job and get back to the surface before drowning.

Unless your like some of us that try to use our lungs as gills.

Bo

L

Lady Beth

You can also purchase this from the AH or from an Alchemist to let you breath under water longer.

G

Once you're in the water, hold both mouse buttons together and move the mouse, you'll find yourself pointing in that direction and heading down, or up, depending on whether you've rolled the mouse forward or backwards from the centre point. Practice a few times in shallow water before diving deep, just so you don't run out of air and get stuck!

If there is a fissure in the bottom of the lake bubbling, you can swim around that and get 'fresh' air from that to recharge your breath - otherwise you need to go to the surface and get air there.

Sometimes when mining and something decides to attack you, you can easily forget about air and run out whilst trying to get back to air - in these cases, I usually swim to the surface and let the thing get a few bites at me, and attack it once I get air in me. It will often follow, allowing you to hit it - or leave you alone, which is even better.

I've noticed that there's usually a couple of mining points in the bottom of each of the pools in the Barrens.

aj

L

Lord Abernathy

If you don't play a class with some sorta ability to breath under water (such as a druid or warlock with underwater breathing spell), and if you can use a staff, I'd recommend getting this from Gnomeregan:

Hydrocane

This lets you breath under water indefinitely.

G

*tagging*

Thanks for the info, I don't have a problem coming up for air, I am going to try AJ's suggestion.

G

There are various underwater breathing potions as well you can get.