• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unbuilt homes

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Are the unbuilt plots extra houses players have just to take up the spot? I see a number of them with just the dirt floor. Most of them I see I think why waste the time to place if it is just going to sit here unused?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they just use them to dump stuff down and just not bothered to build a house. I know lots that are empty, or at least look empty because they are set to private so you can't see all the items.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I once placed a dirt plot and paid a guildmate 1 million gold to organize all my junk. (don't judge!):D So I would wager they are doing it just for storage or similar purposes. Sometimes it is easier to empty a home and start over instead. Maybe it would be nice if they have a few pre-made designs that were decent looking and could be used in such a fashion. The brick house comes to mind but it doesn't have max storage.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish the dirt plot defaulted to match the surrounding map type. Grass. Snow. Swamp etc. Least then they wouldn't look so ugly.
Now that's an idea!!!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reasons for dirt plots.

1. Idoc loot house - idocers will place them to loot a house that is falling close by
2. Keep/castle blockers - if the house is in a keep or castle spot people will place a plot down to block the placement so they can have a chance at placing themselves or sell to placer
3. PvPer - a lot of pvpers dont want to customize a house. They just drop a plot, put some bags on the floor and they are good to go.
4. bugged house - there are a lot of houses that for some reason havent dropped after the account has been turned off.

There are probably more reasons, but those are what i can think of.