• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unbonding Pets

• Thread starter Trick Tickler
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

Trick Tickler

how long does it take for a pet to become unbonded, say i logged with my pet in a dung, its bonded, and wonderfully happy, how long till its wild?

Davy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how long does it take for a pet to become unbonded, say i logged with my pet in a dung, its bonded, and wonderfully happy, how long till its wild?
Bump... Does anyone no the answer to this? Is there a chart somewere that lists the levels and how long imbetween each one? If someone leaves there pet out how long tell it releases and i can snag it?

Y

Yen Sid

Pretty sure it auto logs with the person unless its a pack animal with stuff in its pack. So my answer is, never. I am not 100% on this however so don't quote me.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone is still playing after the point that the server starts into its maintenance period (i.e., after the two-minute warning period has expired and before the shard is actually shut down), I think there is a very good chance that the pet will not be auto-stabled. I think the chances of this happening are especially good if the pet is unmounted.

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen some of these go for about 4-5 hours before going wild. And yes there is/was a bug with the auto stable on log out. Also the critters with packs wont stable if they have stuff on them as was mentioned earlier.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't risk losing a pet by using a timer like this. If your pet doesn't autolog with you, don't give it time - get back online as quick as you can. I say that because we don't all have the same taming skill and the pet's loyalty will drop faster with an owner with poor control compared to one with 99%.

As for how long you'll wait for a pet to go wild without the owner about - look at the happiness level when you lore it. Lore at regular intervals and you'll see how fast that particular pet is falling. Again I wouldn't rely on the times 100% if you reall want to get the pet, but it'll save you loitering around for hours if you monitor happiness like that.

Wenchy