• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unable to pick paragon chests at GM lockpicking?

• Thread starter HellaFarris
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

HellaFarris

Hi all,

I picked up a couple of Paragon chests a couple of days ago (from Dark Wisps if that makes any difference), but my GM Lockpicker can't pick them (you are unable to pick that).

What might be the issue here - I didn't think it was possible to get higher than 100 lockpicking or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Hella Farris - tamer of Europa.

J

Jermosh

Hmm, other then going through a bunch of picks, you should be able to pick them. Are you sure its not already picked?

L

Lord Drakelord

Hi all,

I picked up a couple of Paragon chests a couple of days ago (from Dark Wisps if that makes any difference), but my GM Lockpicker can't pick them (you are unable to pick that).

What might be the issue here - I didn't think it was possible to get higher than 100 lockpicking or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Hella Farris - tamer of Europa.
Check to see if they been lock with magic by casting unlock on them with a GM mage.

H

HellaFarris

Thanks for the replies - I'll try both and report back here :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some level 5 & 6 paragon chests can be a pain in the ass.

I've broken over 50 picks on one chest before, on multiple occasions.

Typically, if you gather together about 50 unopened high-end paragon chests, you'll find 1 or 2 that will burn through your pick supply, when the rest take only 1-5 attempts to open.

H

HellaFarris

Aha - it seems perseverence was the thing I was missing, used up a fair few picks but got them in the end - thanks all :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep there can be some nasty ones some times.... glad you finally got it!

I find when there is a real bad one I try a different character picking it...and it normally yeilds pretty quick!

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep there can be some nasty ones some times.... glad you finally got it!

I find when there is a real bad one I try a different character picking it...and it normally yeilds pretty quick!
My method is even more scientific... I just pick another chest then go back to the troublesome chest. I really doubt that is has any effect, but it reduces my frustration level to move onto a chest that opens easily.