• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

unable to login

• Thread starter Spyder one
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Spyder one

i just reactivated my account, re-installed uo 9th ani edition and im getting this message:

" we were unable to authenticate your login. Usually this means that either a newer client patch is now available, or that the account name or password you provided are incorrect. Please check your caps lock key and try reentering your account name and password. Plrease restart your client if you continue to receive this error. If this is a new account your account may not be active yet, please try again shortly. "

user and pass are correct and restarted the client yet neither remedy'd the problem.

this is the patch message i get:

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-7-2.rtp( 2303365 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-7-2.pat( 11 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uoml_win32_5-0-7-2.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

whats wrong?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
From what you have said, sounds like you are using vista or win7. In order to patch you need to run in admin mode so you can right click your icon and choose "run as admin" and you will be able to patch. I ended up right clicking mine and chose "properties" then clicked the "compatibility mode" tab and clicked the box for "run as admin" and saved so it always runs as admin. You can also go to uoherald.com and click the 14 day free trial so you can download the sa client and not patch as long. Hope this helps and welcome back!!

S

Spyder one

well, my os is windows xp. i jus uninstalled and am now reinstalling the program.
i tried that " run as admin " but i didnt see it, i also saw the compatability option you talked about but i didnt see that admin option either.. im currently reinstalling right now and will download the 14 day free trial to see if that solves.. but could it be something else?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
well, my os is windows xp. i jus uninstalled and am now reinstalling the program.
i tried that " run as admin " but i didnt see it, i also saw the compatability option you talked about but i didnt see that admin option either.. im currently reinstalling right now and will download the 14 day free trial to see if that solves.. but could it be something else?
I don't believe that winxp has the run as admin, think it was new with vista so you most likely won't be able to do that. Other than trying the newest released client, I am not sure what it could be as I have not used XP in a long time. :sad4: