• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unable to log onto UOSA

Winterfell

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whenever I try to start up UOSA using new client for SA expansion, I get the message "Network error' ..........'connection lost'

I have been playing on the new client for a few weeks with no problems and haven't changed anything.

If I try loading the patcher from the UOSA folder it just sits there doing nothing . I can ping the server which is Oceania and can play in the old client ok, but just not the new one.

I have read the post below and I have never had a problem logging on using the UOSA.exe directly and as mentioned above the 'patcher' doesnt seem to so anything I get to the splash screen and up to the log on screen, but after I enter my user name and password I get the 'Network error' message

Any suggestions??
Thanks

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using Vista? Start the client with Run as adminstrator option. Rightclick the UO client logo and use that option.

O

Old Man of UO

Also, since you run the UOSA.exe directly, try running the patch again. There was a small patch last week and things may have changed to prevent logging in without the patch.

Winterfell

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the delay replying. After reading forums realised that I was starting the client not the patcher. With a little more patience the patcher finally came to life and all was sorted. So if your having this problem make sure you are using the uopatch.exe to start the game.