• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima The Endless Journey Account?

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I told you they were the same thing which is why it makes no difference....

And now you're accusing me of scripting...

Comprehension isn't your strong point is it?
Everyone knows you're just pandering for the IDOC professional's side..... you ain't gotta lie to kick it. And nobody never talked about the IDOCs falling at 5, 10, or 15 hours... blah blah.... keep making up stuff for the IDOC professional's side. And I have chemistry and mathematics degree and received the award for the best Japanese speaker for 2012 at UCA. You might want to re-think your "simple minded" argument......... I do IDOCs and have had friends quit, that's enough reason for me to fight this. Everyone has to only question your motives and it's pretty easy to figure out. I don't know who you are.... but everybody knows me. And everybody knows that I stand up for what is right. I know everything about this game, like I've said. I've played Ultima since I was 12 when I bought it from a flee market for the Super Nintendo.... I was in Trinsic and down in dungeons before most of you, trust me.... and I will fight for this game I love until the end. I've met my wife here and all of my family plays here and everything...... and I know what "endless" characters with 150 strength could mean..... Like I said, IF they could not be allowed to pick up IDOC items and only if will I stop my pandering for the good side........ I've already messaged UO and Mesanna @broadband today, a very nice, very long, multi-tiered, finely worded e-mail highlighting my concerns and the possible problems/ pitfalls/ exploitations that could come about from this.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Everyone knows you're just pandering for the IDOC professional's side..... you ain't gotta lie to kick it. And nobody never talked about the IDOCs falling at 5, 10, or 15 hours... blah blah.... keep making up stuff for the IDOC professional's side. And I have chemistry and mathematics degree and received the award for the best Japanese speaker for 2012 at UCA. You might want to re-think your "simple minded" argument......... I do IDOCs and have had friends quit, that's enough reason for me to fight this. Everyone has to only question your motives and it's pretty easy to figure out. I don't know who you are.... but everybody knows me. And everybody knows that I stand up for what is right. I know everything about this game, like I've said. I've played Ultima since I was 12 when I bought it from a flee market for the Super Nintendo.... I was in Trinsic and down in dungeons before most of you, trust me.... and I will fight for this game I love until the end. I've met my wife here and all of my family plays here and everything...... and I know what "endless" characters with 150 strength could mean..... Like I said, IF they could not be allowed to pick up IDOC items and only if will I stop my pandering for the good side........ I've already messaged UO and Mesanna @broadband today, a very nice, very long, multi-tiered, finely worded e-mail highlighting my concerns and the possible problems/ pitfalls/ exploitations that could come about from this.
For the record, I have no idea who you are. So... there's that.

Did your multi-tiered, finely worded email have any line breaks this time? Though... BS isn't known for their proofreading... so I doubt they hold that against you!

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
well we have already seen items like the robe and balls hit the market on the in game store nothing is stopping them from say.... throwing up a lot of glacial cloth to be bought with real cash... glacial horse for real cash and I personally think they should...games like WoW make a fortune off their stupid mounts and pets I think they should do the same

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@grimiz Bro, that message was entirely for OREOGL, the campaign supporter professional who is fighting for the IDOC people. And yes... that's what I meant by multi-tiered. You people are hilarious trying to make fun of people for intellect.... and then someone responds saying how smart they are.... and then other people don't like that either. You should read up some where he was making fun of me for misunderstanding English, when he was just making up crap about IDOC house times falling at 5, 10, or 15 hours which nobody never said but himself. I was just letting him know........ you.... you're just a sad cat jumping in the wrong side of the boat because you don't know better.... sadly. Sorry, I didn't page break that for ya. I know how trolling works and I like to keep my messages short in the forums...... I could type out a Lab Report if you wanted though... and trust me, my email was business format and very, very professional.... after all, it's not a forum.

Last edited:

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@grimiz Bro, that message was entirely for OREOGL, the campaign supporter professional who is fighting for the IDOC people. And yes... that's what I meant by multi-tiered. You people are hilarious trying to make fun of people for intellect.... and then someone responds saying how smart they are.... and then other people don't like that either. You should read up some where he was making fun of me for misunderstanding English, when he was just making up crap about IDOC house times falling at 5, 10, or 15 hours which nobody never said but himself. I was just letting him know........ you.... you're just a sad cat jumping in the wrong side of the boat because you don't know better.... sadly. Sorry, I didn't page break that for ya. Aye @DarkLotus[FL] I feel a lot of people are about to quit this game. And don't worry.... my houses will be empty if I ever do. Maybe leave some nice books in there though with exploding/trapped chests and see how many scripters die from the auto-open...........
Not taking anyone's side - I think you both have valid points but I do like to call ******** when someone is being a pompous know-it-all.

I'll leave you with this piece of wisdom. If anyone ever has to tell you how smart they are, it's probably not true.

Unsubscribe.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll leave you with wisdom.... guys should not keep saying over and over that so and so doesn't understand English. Read his posts and read my responses..... you'll see very quickly who was being a pompous know-it-all. And if anyone has to tell someone about "page-breaks," then that person should look in the mirror. Don't make fun of people if you don't like the responses that will come. I can't help it if I.... know it all. I know how the scripters work.... want to see my email? Fine, here it is with page breaks. [See post below.] [Edit: Removed that email. I hope you read it, page breaks and all.]

I'm posting this since you're just here attacking me now and taking away from what we were debating/fighting about in the first place. OREOGL is just wanting endless characters and "hates the IDOC changes."

Last edited:

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Please implement a search function like vendor search.
I think anyone would do it fairly if there is something like IDoc Search .:)

StressBall

Adventurer
Can you really burn meat? I've never seen any burnt meat. She also said food replenishes health, never seen that either. Is the producer just making stuff up or she doesn't know the game?

I love the idea of the pets you can train to five slots and a free trail that never ends would be great to being new people in and old people back to the game.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Clearly your vague chemistry and mathematics degree didn't teach you not to make baseless accusations, false assumption, and or any vague resemblance of a logical thought process.

But hey, I'm working on a BS in Chemical Engineering and would love to compare notes with you.

I'm not sure what playing Ultima on NES has to do with IDOCs but thats cool man. I think I started with Ultima Ascension?

Either way, rnew chars picking items at an idoc also seems pretty irrelevant unless they change the 5, 10, 15 hours on it

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have Ultima Ascension right beside me inside my desk.....
I was about to put a very, very hard chemistry question..... but since you liked my post about Ultima Ascension, I won't comment more. I was about to ask you how to characterize vicinal dihalides.... I already asked how to solve the wavefunction for a hydrogen atom, but I found that on google instantly, so I deleted that... hehe. Peace.... I Hope you can see why I'm arguing though. 20 people who run scripts shouldn't be able to dominate the game like they did the first 15 years..... Anyone can run a script and steal an item.... but the people who actually care about this game don't because they don't have to cheat to win.

I'd actually be 100% for an IDOC search function like mentioned up above @Mesanna .... that's the greatest idea I've ever heard, with timers included. Just keep the scripters who pickup chests/items away by whatever means possible. [That would mean endless account holders I would think.] If someone then wanted more chests to script, they'd have to buy more paying/active accounts. That's a pay to play I think Mesanna and everyone could get behind.... as it would bring in more subs for sure.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This has been a good discussion so far, but it appears to be sliding into the realm of trolling and small attacks against each other. If everyone could please keep the thread on track and avoid getting into personal attacks with other posters that would be appreciated.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the Devs could use "regions" correctly, they could just make it a young free region. Or just have all the items fall with an IDOC tag and you cannot loot unless you're a paid account. Orrrrr just let the house fall and all the items fall into fel dungeons. Let's see those noobie characters get it then

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm really interested to see what will be added to the in game store in time, because I see a whole bunch of mounts, unique colored cloth, possibly weapons coming soon only obtainable through the store they would be crazy not to do things like this because people like their pretties and will pay for it

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
None of that will mean a single thing if no one will ever know...

Without Steam or some form of advertising and some sort of NPE it's all moot... no one will come play because NO ONE will know.
I agree with you 100% the game does need to be advertised if they want to bring in the people a box on the shelf at best buy would be nice but probably will never happened EVE online just went free to play not to long ago they e-mailed like everyone that had ever played letting them know that the game had went to free to play and about every other YouTube commercial for a couple of weeks was talking about EVE online and how it was F2P I hope they consider some of these options to get the word out

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
[Sorry for being very emotional about this.... I fought very, very, very hard to get the IDOC changes that took place to happen.... I'm fairly sure I was the main one that caused the change finally. I just see this as a re-neg on all of those efforts possibly and am very emotional about it of course. The IDOCs are the main reasons people quit... they realized how to get rich, came to IDOCs, then saw the cheating.... and quit. It was sad and heartbreaking to stand there by a scripter laughing at you that he was going to get the item.... and then the house fell and nobody even saw the item.]
when he was just making up crap about IDOC house times falling at 5, 10, or 15 hours which nobody never said but himself.

Just quoting you to clear this up.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was about to put a very, very hard chemistry question..... but since you liked my post about Ultima Ascension, I won't comment more. I was about to ask you how to characterize vicinal dihalides.... I already asked how to solve the wavefunction for a hydrogen atom, but I found that on google instantly, so I deleted that... hehe. Peace bro.... I Hope you can see why I'm arguing though. 20 people who run scripts shouldn't be able to dominate the game like they did the first 15 years..... Anyone can run a script and steal an item.... but it's only the scum bags who do. (This isn't to you, but to some.)

I'd actually be 100% for an IDOC search function like mentioned up above @Mesanna .... that's the greatest idea I've ever heard, with timers included. Just keep the scripters who pickup chests/items away by whatever means possible. [That would mean endless account holders I would think.] If someone then wanted more chests to script, they'd have to buy more paying/active accounts. That's a pay to play I think Mesanna and everyone could get behind.... as it would bring in more subs for sure.
You can google vincinal dihalides too fyi.

To be clear, trial accounts already allow players to do this. So making an endless trial account doesnt change anything.

doesnt matter to me if they allow them to do idocs or not, I stopped doing them. Every one I tried doing went to the 15 hour mark which i have no time for.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can google vincinal dihalides too fyi.

To be clear, trial accounts already allow players to do this. So making an endless trial account doesnt change anything.

doesnt matter to me if they allow them to do idocs or not, I stopped doing them. Every one I tried doing went to the 15 hour mark which i have no time for.
Aye, you can google vicinal dihalides... but it's sort of a trick question. You would characterize it the same way you characterize the product of any chemical reaction. There are a certain number of tests that are performed for each alkyl halide, to make sure that there is indeed that particular halide present... like I, Br, Cl, or F. Then you have to do other stuff to verify which isomer you created, (BP determination, ect.. ect... ) But you typically have to know what reagent you started with to begin with.... unless you are going to perform NMR, IR, ect.. ect.. But it's ok... I didn't figure you'd have an answer anywhere in your "notes."

Last edited:

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
lol interesting I see a new mount already a rainbow unicorn named Lasher we will be seeing a lot more of these =D cant wait to see what they do next there could be some really cool mounts coming to us soon !!!

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
they could even make some mounts seasonal only able to obtain through a certain time period aww Pandora's box has been opened I cant wait to see what's in store !!

Enziet

Journeyman
If it happens it happens. It's easy to turn off global chat and not listen to them.

I still don't think a B2P or even F2P option will save the game population. It will bring more people in yeah, but it's hard to say any of them will sub to the game when free shards still exist with no limitations.

We shall see in time!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it happens it happens. It's easy to turn off global chat and not listen to them.

I still don't think a B2P or even F2P option will save the game population. It will bring more people in yeah, but it's hard to say any of them will sub to the game when free shards still exist with no limitations.

We shall see in time!
Again...trial accounts can't use general chat

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you really burn meat? I've never seen any burnt meat. She also said food replenishes health, never seen that either. Is the producer just making stuff up or she doesn't know the game?

I love the idea of the pets you can train to five slots and a free trail that never ends would be great to being new people in and old people back to the game.
I seem to remember way way back in 2001 you could burn meat and you needed to eat food to keep your stats or something up? Its been so long I cant remember. But I do remember finding food to eat was important somehow