• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online's Valentine's Open PvP Tournament

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Valentine’s Open PvP Tournament
An all inclusive game-wide event

Saturday February 6th 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific

Open Tournament leading up to the ‘Spring Classic’

Prize Pool – 600 Mil

1st Place – 400 Mil + Unnamed Prize

2nd Place – 150 Mil

3rd Place – 50 Mil

FREE ENTRY

1 EVENT

1V1 (Template VS Template)

- No Chiv, No Pets, No Summons, No Forms

- Tournament Style – Double Elimination

o (Winners & Losers Bracket)

- All Rounds Best 2 of 3 / Grand Final Best 3 of 5

- Any Violation of Tournament Rules, interference/manipulation of any kind with Players and or Spectators will result in IMMEDIATE disqualification and removal from Tournament Grounds

VIP Seating

25 mil per Seat

- Vip’s MAY NOT Bring anything in their backpacks other than what their characters are wearing.

- Any Interference with Spectators and or Competitors will result in immediate Removal from VIP Seating and Tournament Grounds. NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I wish I could afford the ticket. I hope the event goes well. Things like this are what makes this community. I look forward to seeing the bracket.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is 3 days away. Please register with myself or Soviet Hammer via ICQ if you would like to participate or purchase VIP seats.

Zuckuss- 37533374
Soviet- 619003242

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Only 7 VIP Seats left!! If you are interested in watching a great event with great company reserve your seat soon! 2 Days Left..

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Noticed the stone wall in that video is only one tile high....

Yet its a video complaining about "Cheaters".

Pretty funny

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The tournament was really fun, thanks for hosting it! I'm looking forward to the next one :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Bummer - missed it because I assumed it was going to be on Valentine's Day weekend and not this weekend.

Not sure when precisely you will do the next one, but I would suggest giving a lot of lead time to give as much promotion as possible.

Good to hear this is becoming a regular event. Continued best of luck!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the next one are there going to be changes made so contestants can't change their template and they have to stay with the same as they enter?
There will be a multitude of formats. We will continue to learn from any hindrances and adjust accordingly. Being that this most recent tournament was under an extremely relaxed ruleset, changing temps was NOT a violation of the rules.

To be clear, we did allow template changes but only between sets, not between individual matches within a set. Not all tourneys will follow this format.

And no curse bugging before wall drop lololol

InfernO will come to get you
That is something that is going to be very hard for us to police unless they obviously do it in front of us. The only sure way to prevent "curse bugging" is to not allow any of the contestants to leave the grounds during the entire event. This is something that we WILL entertain doing as well as providing all necessary pvp supplies for "anything goes template vs. template match styles. You have to admit, despite the flaws of how to police cheating, our events are some of the most controlled in regards to prevention of cheating out of any PvP tournaments in quite a long time.

Precasting is something that we are going to heavily look at disallowing under any format.

Some potential things we will look at limiting or removing:

Precasting
Protection
Invisibility

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna ,
Fixing the curse "bug" would be a huge help to us all. :)

Please post your ideas, suggestions and feedback folks.

I would like to offer special thanks to @Assia Penryn, @JC the Builder @Lieutenant Dan for your invaluable support towards these events.

We look forward to seeing you all at the 'Spring Classic.'

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is something that is going to be very hard for us to police unless they obviously do it in front of us. The only sure way to prevent "curse bugging" is to not allow any of the contestants to leave the grounds during the entire event.
This is easy to fix. Just simply have a member of staff (with chiv) remove curse on each contestant before each fight. You can also purge magic on them to remove protection if they have that going also.

"I BAN THEE" is what I would of done if I saw somebody doing that right before a fight.

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think most would agree its very odd to let someone change temps after a set when you know who your opponent will be so you can counter them.

I think you do a good job for the most part policing. I know in the one set of sudden deaths one contestant used heal pot in two matches and still lost but you caught that and told them you saw as they were being resurrected.