• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online: The Movie

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

No, there isn't really a movie that I know of. And if there is, let's all hope it is better than that Dungeons and Dragons fiasco they put out a while back!

But the purpose of the thread, and I thought this would be fun, is to ask:

If you could pick a Hollywood actor or actress to portray your UO character, or characters, who would it be?

Personally, I had a tough time choosing between Katherine Zeta Jones...

and

Courtney Cox

If you put a blond streak in their hair, either would probably look like Morgana LeFay...but Katherine Zeta would need blue contacts!

(some here may have seen me in game as a blond. That is because they won't allow you to streak your hair in UO :( )

O

Old Man of UO

I was thinking Meg Ryan with black hair and a streak through it, or even Jamie Lee Curtis... but then, I'd be showing my age, eh?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How would a UO movie work...?

Well wait, I guess it worked for LOTRO but it actually had a story <_<

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the low-budget direct-to-bargain-bin sequel to the D&D movie was actually pretty good for a B- movie - felt closer to the feel of a real game.

hmm ... actor to play Maplestone ... Andrew Robinson (he played Garak in DS9 ... not that I see Maplestone as anything like Garak aside from being a bit of an outsider, but the actor did such a good job with the character and emoting that I could see him doing a "quiet minor hero" type role - *searches around for a clip or interview* - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viNc6WbaXOs )

K

Kratos Aurion

Well wait, I guess it worked for LOTRO but it actually had a story <_<
well it starts out with your character walking... and then continue to walk... then they walk a little more... "oh look a mongbat!!! (vas flam)!" ... continues to walk. the end.

:D just like in LOTR! (just a joke)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice question.... my choice, Patricia Neal, at this stage of her career

S

siyeng0

Illegitimate three-way child of Leonard Cohen, Morgan Freeman and an Irish wolfhound.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kurt Russell

I've always thought that voice actors brought some of my favorite characters to life, so other great choices would include -

Mike Judge, ala ~ Hank Hill (I Tell you what) of 'King of the Hill'
or
Billy West, ala ~ Fry (Hey, I have an idea. Let's do that!"), of Futurama -
and Geeker (Do Chickens Burp?), of Project GKR

L

Lord Drakelord

George Lazenby

One of the few 007 agents that did get married in the movies.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Unfortunatly Rodney Dangerfield has passed away...

I will have to consider it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Frarc's would be played by David Boreanaz (Angel) and Dark Angel by Angelina Jolie. :)

R

rockytriton

I'll definitely have to go with Ron Jeremy to play my char Folgrim:

S

Sindris

Bela Lugosi. He'd just wander around complaining about how badly he's been nerfed to an uncaring world.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I want Pandemic to be Kate Beckinsale

Xbow and all ;)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
And everyone already knows Flutter is Famke Janssen..

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The movie will need a huge budget to get all these star acters and actresses . ;)

Maybe we need a trilogy! :D

O

OxAO

when Orgin systems was around Richard Garriott pushed wing Commander into a movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Commander_(film)

I don’t know how they figured wing commander had a bigger fan base then Ultima.
Wing commander the movie was poorly writen and was a flop.

I expect WoW to be made into a movie sooner or latter.

N

Nh'bdy

But he got that new Show so everyone is going to be talking about him so....

Wait, I wear a mask 24/7. So the actor is unknown but COULD BE

Jakeem Phoenix.
Sam Jackson.
Kurt Russle.
Ed Norton.
OR
Billy Dee Williams

M

Moreeg

It would basically be 90 minutes of people complaining about things they want nerfed and accusing each other of speed hacking. But still, I would go and see it!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm basing my picks mostly on the personality of each character, and who I think would pull it off best. Also, each could easily pull off the look of each character.

For Black Sun (Pally/Swordsman) George Clooney. A straight leading man, all business, quiet, reserved, noble.

For Alex Kanebridge (Mage/Tamer) Johnny Depp. Based on the outstanding job he did playing Jack Sparrow. Kinda goofy, but dependable and honorable.

For Raven Blackmoore (Theif/Fencer) Christian Bale. Cocky, scarcastic, shady, somewhat questionable morals, but a good guy to have around when things get dicey, can be a leader if forced to be.

For Corran (Necro/Mage) Michael C. Hall from Dexter. Straight laced and stoic, but with just a hint of darkness kept tightly in check. Happy to just stay out of the way and let others handle the decison making.

For Gordan Ramsay (Chef/Beggar) Gordon Ramsay. I based the character on the actual person, so who better to play him.

As for my other 2 characters (A mule and a bard) I couldn't really say for sure. I don't use them enough to get a good feel for their personalities.

A

Adam Randall

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]David Tuomi.

Man - such a cutie in Realms of the Haunting...
He needs to be the actor of Adam Randall in UO: The Movie, too :D
[/FONT]

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I might have to revise...

with blue contacts and blond streaks, this is Morgana!

Emmanuelle Chriqui

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so does anyone NOT have some supermodel in mind as 'what their avatar really looks like'? :)

M

Moonstar

Okay so does anyone NOT have some supermodel in mind as 'what their avatar really looks like'? :)
lol! yea .. mak me wonder if these peopel have even Looked at their paperdolls lately.
My character's actor would be some no named person with a small face, spikey hair the color of a plumbaygo flower and greyish purple skin . She's an Elf.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently you've never seen Michael C. Hall?
Not the best looking guy out there.

Sometimes he's downright creepy looking.