• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Newsletter #35

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new edition of the Ultima Online Newsletter has been released you can read the newsletter via the Continue Reading link below.

Continue reading...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A day late and a dollar short - poor Legends only a handful of people attended last nights M&G there. Out of the 8 there, I contacted 4 of them lol.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They clearly haven't stopped making April fools jokes..

We will be having the Dev Meet and Greet on the following day/time:
March 25th Catskills 7pm ET
April 8th, Legends 7pm ET
April 22nd, Atlantic 7pm ET
UO News, Apr 9, 2019

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stratics needs to get a handle on its news feed...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I had it in the email beforehand =)

Who;s running the newsfeed? CNN? :gee:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The RSS feed has been issued a warning for its slackitude.

Actually there could be a few things going on with it... we shall keep digging.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the guy running the RSS feed got banned for macroing in a disruptive manner :)

I am thinking about a 30 day ban...lol

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
why is this funny to me. 3 banned for behavior and 34 for macroing, I wont go into all the cheating going on whether pvp or pvm but I will talk about some idoc cheating. I did a fel castle idoc recently and this guy had abunch of chars following his main red char with a revealer, they all would armor ignore at once for an insta death for the win lol. he didn't get me but he got most everyone else. he was paged on by many but nothing was done. ive seen people with many packies at idocs, controlled by one char that were probably friended maybe EJ accounts. idoc was script looted with all those packies. sometime they come in with 8 accounts, surround the house and have them all script loot the area. I know nothing will be done like get rid of follow command by other chars and/or the friending of packies for script looting purposes or the use of illegal programs but what is a person to do?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
why is this funny to me. 3 banned for behavior and 34 for macroing, I wont go into all the cheating going on whether pvp or pvm but I will talk about some idoc cheating. I did a fel castle idoc recently and this guy had abunch of chars following his main red char with a revealer, they all would armor ignore at once for an insta death for the win lol. he didn't get me but he got most everyone else. he was paged on by many but nothing was done. ive seen people with many packies at idocs, controlled by one char that were probably friended maybe EJ accounts. idoc was script looted with all those packies. sometime they come in with 8 accounts, surround the house and have them all script loot the area. I know nothing will be done like get rid of follow command by other chars and/or the friending of packies for script looting purposes or the use of illegal programs but what is a person to do?
I don't know .... for me I just quit doing most the game... IDOCs aren't fun anymore as there is little to no hope of getting anything and especially not anything good... I pretty much log in for the EM Event on my own shard because that's what I care about... and that's where my friends are... I've been doing the new Beacons but I can only stand about an hour of that frustration as either there is too much competition or the frelling boat keeps turning when you don't want it to and won't turn when you are trying to get it to... either way it's frustrating as hell and just downright annoying... after an hour that's all my wrist and shoulder will take and I need to go find something more relaxing.

As for PvP I gave that up years ago after witnessing rampant cheats and watching video after video of people using hacks to get rid of anything blocking their view or movement... IMO if they can't play the game as intended they are all LOSERS. If you have to cheat to win you are just another loser who can't play and I have no time for that.

Anymore I play another game primarily and play UO for my friends. I don't play UO to solo... and I don't care to play it solo... And seeing it in its current state when 90% of the game is played solo I just can't stand it. I miss the community UO once was and I miss the RP... and despite what people on that "other shard" think... tavern sitting is NOT something I miss. Boring RP just as bad as sitting at meeting after meeting... and I can get that at home on my own shard.

I really miss the immersion UO once had. It just no longer has that for me.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for PvP I gave that up years ago after witnessing rampant cheats and watching video after video of people using hacks....

IMO if they can't play the game as intended they are all LOSERS.

Anymore I play another game primarily...
Word.